You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

50 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Impressive stuff from Anderson there. You can tell he played in Serie A for a couple of years.

Didn't notice that during the game, got to say he was a 10/10 for the game plan.

More it went on Nunez was more wound up, lucky the arm swing back didn't connect or it would have been an earlier bath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Impressive stuff from Anderson there. You can tell he played in Serie A for a couple of years.

In fairness to Anderson he always plays well against us, he dominated when Fulham beat us in the covid season too.

• Upvote 1

That clip is an interesting watch. Didn't really notice it much on the night, but great defending from Anderson in those examples, just completely outmuscling Nunez and not giving him any space. He's very fast, so we need to exploit that more than playing it to him with his back to goal. Needs to get stronger too but that will come with time. 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

That clip is an interesting watch. Didn't really notice it much on the night, but great defending from Anderson in those examples, just completely outmuscling Nunez and not giving him any space. He's very fast, so we need to exploit that more than playing it to him with his back to goal. Needs to get stronger too but that will come with time. 

Agree with this. I don't see any "shithousing" (stupid term by the way), just wily, solid defending with a little needle. If he can't handle that, can I have my vote back in the thread's poll. 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I saw a load of them and only saw two death threats, both off accounts from abroad. I also saw one slagging Anderson off then saying "I'd rail your missus though" 

Obviously dickheads sending death threats need sorting out. The abuse thing though... he acted the cunt on Monday night now all of a sudden he can't take being called a cunt? Don't fucking be one then. 

One cunt needs to be made a prime example of on Social Media in order to set a tone of tolerance in the same way hate crimes have now been legislated for. You now,absolutely correctly,can face charges for calling people 'n***er' and so forth and social media should have the same tolerance too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Well klopp is hoping he'll be a big stronger by the time his suspension is over as that's what they've got him working on. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

As a tall, strong, athletic* centre half, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with what Anderson did at all other than the pathetic fall when barely touched by Nunez.

Nunez has got to learn from that or he’s not making it here as surely that’s standard niggling of a forward to put him off his game a little bit and Nunez has took the bait big time. 

Top, top shithousery with that fall holding the face from Anderson though. 

*I am not nor have ever been strong or athletic

I must've seen that video on Twitter about 800 times, mostly being shared by mancs and football banter merchants wanking into a frenzy about "you love to see it" and so on. It seems pretty standard stuff to me, I've seen much worse from Ramos or Pepe etc. - not that it isn't well executed.

Someone said it was a masterclass in frustrating him for chances and then twisting the knife with some shithousery but I don't think that's the story. Nunez was wound up because he missed easy chances; the shithousery was just the spark that blew that particular powder keg.

• Upvote 1

Darwin must be used for this type of scrutiny, it's not like the "dark arts" are not prevalent in Portugal or Anderson has invented it this week. He must have had that everyweek in Portugal and he grew up playing football in Uruguay. He was just too hyped up and lost it. He'll be fine. He doesn't have a history of being a head case, it's just he's trying to make a big show on his debut and we've struggled a bit (him included ) and it's all boiled over. While it's disappointing, especially as we dropped points and he's now missing for 3 games, but I don't get the hysteria about it all. He's not the first and he won't be the last player to go over the top. 

The only real shame is if you're going to do it, it should be a good enough butt that Anderson goes down like that because he had to, not he was auditioning for the next rocky film. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Darwin must be used for this type of scrutiny, it's not like the "dark arts" are not prevalent in Portugal or Anderson has invented it this week. He must have had that everyweek in Portugal and he grew up playing football in Uruguay. He was just too hyped up and lost it. He'll be fine. He doesn't have a history of being a head case, it's just he's trying to make a big show on his debut and we've struggled a bit (him included ) and it's all boiled over. While it's disappointing, especially as we dropped points and he's now missing for 3 games, but I don't get the hysteria about it all. He's not the first and he won't be the last player to go over the top. 

The only real shame is if you're going to do it, it should be a good enough butt that Anderson goes down like that because he had to, not he was auditioning for the next rocky film. 

A long fireside chat with Luis about the dark arts will help him out no ends. 

Trying to put a positive spin on what happened, is that it’s a very early lesson in his career here to learn from and Nunez can come back from his suspension wiser. 

When you think about it we aren’t really shithouses ourselves, we don’t really indulge in the dark arts and whilst it is a bit galling when we see teams do it and get away with it, we’ve done well enough without it so if he comes back and focuses on his own job like the rest of the group do rather than reacting to the oppo then it might be a suspension well served in the long run. 

5 minutes ago, Wicket said:

Trying to put a positive spin on what happened, is that it’s a very early lesson in his career here to learn from and Nunez can come back from his suspension wiser. 

When you think about it we aren’t really shithouses ourselves, we don’t really indulge in the dark arts and whilst it is a bit galling when we see teams do it and get away with it, we’ve done well enough without it so if he comes back and focuses on his own job like the rest of the group do rather than reacting to the oppo then it might be a suspension well served in the long run. 

Agree but whilst I would absolutely hate to see top class shithousery that other teams do, we do need to get more smarter. For e.g. Salah gets his shirt pulled over time and time again. If he goes down frequently he will get branded a diver. But he does need to go down now and then to keep planting that doubt on refs minds so when the shirt pull happens genuinely, when we are looking for a winner in the last 2 mins and he goes down, ref shouldn't be thinking 'Salah doesn't go down for these, he is only going down now to win a penalty'. 

Imo anyway.

• Upvote 1

Anderson is a snide cunt and thats him playing to his strength. Nunez needs to reign it in. He is going to be dealing with no mark grocks week in week out, who will have it in for him. Dalyan Pete had a point too, when he mentioned the flailing arm in the compilation, because he would have gone for that had there been any connection

4 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

Anderson is a snide cunt and thats him playing to his strength. Nunez needs to reign it in. He is going to be dealing with no mark grocks week in week out, who will have it in for him. Dalyan Pete had a point too, when he mentioned the flailing arm in the compilation, because he would have gone for that had there been any connection

He lashed out a few times. Occasion and the defender clearly got to him. Klopp will sort his mental toughness out. Henderson and/or Milner need to offer him some protection as well. Getting in the refs ear etc. He's marked his own card there Nunez. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He would've played against fucking Pepe in Portugal, but Joachim Andersen holding and shoving a little was too much?

Maybe when you play against renowned shit-houses you are more mentally prepared to deal with their antics. He may not have expected Anderson to get under his skin and he reacted impulsively.

On 17/08/2022 at 15:32, El Rojo said:

Fair enough, but he could have had 2, maybe 3 goals when he completely lost the big goof, and was sent off with 30 minutes to spare.

I'd play less of a high line, stretch the pitch more give our forwards who are class at running with the ball space to run into. Weve defenders and full backs who are brilliant at diagonals, through balls all the long passes and with wide players and now a centre forward who can outrun 99 percent of the league I dont get why we are completely condensing the pitch  stifling our own creativity and making us vulnerable to the type of pass and play we used to tear teams a new arseholes with.

I dont buy the fact the opposition dont come out when we play deeper of course they do, we contribute to them being so deep by pinning them in so much. The really  highline was brilliant and worked for us but other premier league teams have the full analytical teams now and the super high line is becoming a weakness, relying on VAR and us holding a tight line to set the offside trap is risky as fuck no matter how much faith you have in our keeper at one on one's. Conceding first is becoming an issue alongside our atrocious finishing. Whoever we play seem to be clinical as fuck when it matters where as we shoot like salma Hayeks just touched our cocks. I just think we need to get the best out of our forwards by allowing them to do what they are best at and for me that's running with the ball or running to it. Mix it up.