You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

Just now, Section_31 said:

Not to labour the point but it's because our midfield is shit. If Thiago is injured, which he pretty much always is, it's got about as much creativity as a mid level Chinese civil servant.

It was like that the back end of last season when thiago was playing (and last week v Fulham). I think there's more to it than that. I've nothing to back it up except my eyes, but I think in general we are moving the ball too slowly forward. We've lost the ability to move quickly and take a couple of defenders out of the game. This coupled with the poor starts (we have to stop losing the 1st goal) and generally just defending worse than we were, it means we're always struggling to be ahead of the game. At our best we got a couple and then slowed the game down, that seems have completely gone now and we're just slow, slow, slow, lose a goal, panic. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It was like that the back end of last season when thiago was playing (and last week v Fulham). I think there's more to it than that. I've nothing to back it up except my eyes, but I think in general we are moving the ball too slowly forward. We've lost the ability to move quickly and take a couple of defenders out of the game. This coupled with the poor starts (we have to stop losing the 1st goal) and generally just defending worse than we were, it means we're always struggling to be ahead of the game. At our best we got a couple and then slowed the game down, that seems have completely gone now and we're just slow, slow, slow, lose a goal, panic. 

It was like that on and off all last season, really frustrating. Pedestrian, slow, uninventive.  Thiago is not the answer imo, he's not particularly creative.  We need to move the ball quicker, get it to the forwards earlier and let them do their magic.  Not that simple of course and we need a plan B, but we need to get back to what made us exceptionally good.

10 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Sadio Mane was regularly provoked and dealt with it brilliantly. The best players are. He’ll need to deal with it. 

Of all our forwards, Mane was always the most likely to get sent off for petulance. He didn't deal very well with being provoked too much. Klopp on more than a few occasions had to sub him off just to prevent him getting a red.

If Nunez needs anyone to emulate regarding not being provoked into a rage, it'll be Salah. Gets pulled, kicked, put into headlocks and just gets on with his game.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont think we can improve his shooting much. Most our team struggle to hit that 8 feet by 8 yard target.

His finishing against us in the Champions League looked fine. He's snatching at chances and just needs to calm down. Reminds me of Crouchie when he first joined, kept missing game after game till he got his first and settled down

58 minutes ago, Moo said:

It was like that on and off all last season, really frustrating. Pedestrian, slow, uninventive.  Thiago is not the answer imo, he's not particularly creative.  We need to move the ball quicker, get it to the forwards earlier and let them do their magic.  Not that simple of course and we need a plan B, but we need to get back to what made us exceptionally good.

We no longer have the legs in midfield for that.

I am one of those who voted no to signing Nunez. Thought he was too raw and we could have tried to find a better fit with a player like Nkunku. Alternatively, I felt we could just have kept Origi if a tall, strong finisher upfront was what we needed for certain games.

However, I have seen bits and pieces which suggest Nunez can work long term for us if he develops rightly. Part of that development would need him to be calmer in certain situations. Klopp"s track record suggests we'll get the best out of him if Nunez himself shows the right attitude to learning.

• Downvote 1

I see 3-400 abusive messages (bad enough) is now being reported as 3-400 death threats by the times.

Not sure that's the case. Obviously the comments full of Heysel and Hillsborough. Disappointed in Joyce as thought he was better than that (possibly down to the sub), but angry at the few pondlife behind the threats (and the wider abuse). Scum.

Conflicted on this. One on hand I want anyone who sent 'death threats' to get punished and shamed so they don't do that embarrassing shit anymore.

On the other, I always feel any sports person who goes to the police over 'death threats' from social media virgins is a bad tart, because we all know they aren't genuine. If I wanted to kill Anderson over what he did on Monday I'm hardly likely to DM him on insta first and give him prior warning. So the threats aren't actual threats, but that doesn't mean they should go unpunished either. 

I hope the worst offenders get done.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Definitely agree with this: the tempo has not been right for a good while, going way back into last season. “Our identity is our intensity” when we’ve just about got the legs for it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

I see 3-400 abusive messages (bad enough) is now being reported as 3-400 death threats by the times.

Not sure that's the case. Obviously the comments full of Heysel and Hillsborough. Disappointed in Joyce as thought he was better than that (possibly down to the sub), but angry at the few pondlife behind the threats (and the wider abuse). Scum.

I found the atmosphere strange at the ground on Monday. I couldn't believe how many were on Darwin's back from the outset. We also had some tit screaming about he hoped the ref dies of cancer. There just seemed to be a lack of patience within the crowd, something I think we've been increasingly good at under klopp. 

12 hours ago, Moo said:

Agree with this. It isn't as simple as we made it look but fundamentally Pep will say intensity is our identity but I don't look at our midfield and see that now. With Konate at the back I can see it in defence and once Nunez has settled I can see it again up front but in midfield - where arguably we need it most - I don't really see it at all. 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Conflicted on this. One on hand I want anyone who sent 'death threats' to get punished and shamed so they don't do that embarrassing shit anymore.

On the other, I always feel any sports person who goes to the police over 'death threats' from social media virgins is a bad tart, because we all know they aren't genuine. If I wanted to kill Anderson over what he did on Monday I'm hardly likely to DM him on insta first and give him prior warning. So the threats aren't actual threats, but that doesn't mean they should go unpunished either. 

I hope the worst offenders get done.

I saw a load of them and only saw two death threats, both off accounts from abroad. I also saw one slagging Anderson off then saying "I'd rail your missus though" 

Obviously dickheads sending death threats need sorting out. The abuse thing though... he acted the cunt on Monday night now all of a sudden he can't take being called a cunt? Don't fucking be one then. 

My thoughts on Nunez are he's our player, he's young & he'll only improve as time goes on, therefore despite his stupidity on Monday he has my support.

It's not like he's raped a load of women in his mansion, had sex with an underage girl, kicked a cat in amusement or gotten in a fight with a foreign police force.  If we (majority I guess) could support Suarez for his indiscretions then nutting someone out of frustration (albeit wrong) is a minor incursion that he'll learn from.

Anyone writing Nunez off as the worst Premier League signing of all time is a cunt and needs to fuck off supporting LFC.  You'll never walk alone clearly means fuck all to them. 

• Upvote 4