You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

Think he will turn out to be very good, but it was the classic "can't believe I'm here" look he gave to Fabinho.

He probably cost us two points yesterday but you could argue he gained us one in the Fulham game because he came on and was very good, just like in the charity shield. 

He needs to cop on because he looks like a complete hothead after this and there is a target on his back. The middle Englander refs will enjoy booking him. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Fabinho looks like he's playing at a slower framerate than everybody else, don't know whats going on with him.

I’ve said that on here in the past he looks like he’s running through treacle sometimes. I got largely mocked, although I’m used to that,  the evidence was a gif of him running really fast in some game.

If he sometimes has pace but other times not I can only think we often play him half fit.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The way Andersen played him wasn't even unusual or overly snide. He just lashed out like a psycho.

Just saw the highlights of Fulham v Wolves earlier. Different situation, but Mitrovic and Gibbs-White were lucky not to see red for going head to head. 

On Nunez, there's a lot of (mainly negative) judgements of all kinds flying around now on his technique and temperament based on a tiny sample size. He can blame himself for that sample size not increasing for a few weeks.  Best thing for him and us is a resounding win at Old Trafford next week so that he fades into the background a bit. 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

He's had 2 games at Anfield, I'll be judging him on the other one, where he was confident, settled and ice cold in his mind. Last night he was a bag of nerves, he literally didn't kick the ball properly all night, Harry Maguire would have looked a better striker than him. He lost the rag, no big deal. We move on. 

The thing is it is a big deal, he is going to get that even more every time he takes the field just because of his reaction last night, also every little touch they will be going down complaining and looking to get him booked or sent off again.

It was fucking idiotic and will make it harder for himself in the short term.

40 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Just saw the highlights of Fulham v Wolves earlier. Different situation, but Mitrovic and Gibbs-White were lucky not to see red for going head to head. 

On Nunez, there's a lot of (mainly negative) judgements of all kinds flying around now on his technique and temperament based on a tiny sample size. He can blame himself for that sample size not increasing for a few weeks.  Best thing for him and us is a resounding win at Old Trafford next week so that he fades into the background a bit. 

The temperament, I don't think was meant to be such a big issue. That was a shock, yesterday. Missing the next 3 games is ridiculous and infuriating but I'll assume he's not actually like that. 

But the technique is something that loads of people talked about and the manager said himself how raw he is. That part is simply reality. Now despite that, the regularity he has found himself in front of goal thus far is crazy. It's impossible not to score some when you can do that. The trick will be to teach him composure before it turns into a Timo Werner situation. 

• Upvote 2

Big project. Very raw when he settles a bit an learn a bit of English it will be much better. His first touch and his finishing needs alot of work. Once we improve his miss hitting of the ball. I think he`ll be very good. A fortune on potential, might take a while, and with us not improving on the midfield and decided to give a good amount of playing time to Carvalho and Elliott it was bound to be a transitional season. The way we have changed our build up will also take time to get used to. The interchanging on the right side was very apparent last night. It looked good at times, but the final ball often was wasted in the triangle. But once it`s worked in it will give more options. Watched the game again today and there is definetly potential in the build up. Only thing I noticed that probably is a bit iffy is that Salah is going to spend more time wide for the run in behind and crossing with his right for Nunez flat in from the edge of the box. 

53 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

On Nunez, there's a lot of (mainly negative) judgements of all kinds flying around now on his technique and temperament based on a tiny sample size.

Some of the concerns were brought up before we signed him to be fair.

The temperament one is obviously rash at this stage though.

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

I still don't see anything wrong with his technique, the snatched/mis-hit shots last night were a mental thing, he's trying too hard & needs to relax.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain he can kick a football. 

He wouldn't have come this far if he couldn't.

15 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

'I think he just walked into him,' - Didi Hamann. 

Interesting take. 

Let's be honest, if that happened between two blokes in the street & one went over holding his face, everyone would be pissing themselves laughing at the cunt.

Alas Football is a different kettle of fish & what Nunez did was stupid.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah, I'm fairly certain he can kick a football. 

He wouldn't have come this far if he couldn't.

It's not that he can't kick a ball, although it's fun to joke about it. It's that he has to learn intent. Every good thing he's done in front of goal this season thus far has been an accident. If he marries intent with his ability to get in front of goal, he'll score every game. 

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

There's load of unnecessary pressure on him because rival fans want him to fail. There's been plenty of players who were more expensive buys than him. 

He's raw but Klopp knew that and he's got loads of scope for development. I've got no worries about him at all and all the pundits who were top strikers like Lineker and Shearer seem to like what they see in terms of the runs he's making etc. 

Put aside the sending off. He's played about 100 minutes, scored 2, 2 assists and hit the woodwork about 3 times. It's his 1st straight red of his career, it was stupid, but if you're trying to understand if he can make an impact, his goal impacts should already show he can. I really don't understand what people expect 2 games into the league season. 

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

'I think he just walked into him,' - Didi Hamann. 

Interesting take. 

I don't think it was a great deal more than that. It was stupid, but he turned aggressively with his head and Anderson was just right there and dropped like Tyson fury hitting dillian white. The fall made it look far worse. Have had harder farts than that butt. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Put aside the sending off. He's played about 100 minutes, scored 2, 2 assists and hit the woodwork about 3 times. It's his 1st straight red of his career, it was stupid, but if you're trying to understand if he can make an impact, his goal impacts should already show he can. I really don't understand what people expect 2 games into the league season. 

I don't think it was a great deal more than that. It was stupid, but he turned aggressively with his head and Anderson was just right there and dropped like Tyson fury hitting dillian white. The fall made it look far worse. Have had harder farts than that butt. 

He's fluffed a couple of chances but they weren't exactly guilt edged, in fact I'd say the service to the front three has been poor of late generally. Lofted balls or bust.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mook said:

Let's be honest, if that happened between two blokes in the street & one went over holding his face, everyone would be pissing themselves laughing at the cunt.

Alas Football is a different kettle of fish & what Nunez did was stupid.

I think it was quite a nasty butt to be honest. As you say certainly nowhere bad enough to floor somebody but bad enough.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

He's fluffed a couple of chances but they weren't exactly guilt edged, in fact I'd say the service to the front three has been poor of late generally. Lofted balls or bust.

The service has been shite for some time. I'm not quite sure what it is, but it seems if Trent doesn't create something or the front 3 do it themselves, fuck all is happening. But it's making Trent look like a man everytime he gets on the ball he needs to force it, because if he doesn't we will just bore our way sideways till we lose possession. 

• Upvote 1

He’s stepping in Joe Cole’s footsteps but I fully expect the outcome to be a lot better . 
obviously not the finished article but he couldn’t have a better manager to ensure he learns from the mistakes and deals with the massive pressure he’s obviously been feeling 

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He’s stepping in Joe Cole’s footsteps but I fully expect the outcome to be a lot better . 
obviously not the finished article but he couldn’t have a better manager to ensure he learns from the mistakes and deals with the massive pressure he’s obviously been feeling 

He's already achieved more than Joe cole. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The service has been shite for some time. I'm not quite sure what it is, but it seems if Trent doesn't create something or the front 3 do it themselves, fuck all is happening. But it's making Trent look like a man everytime he gets on the ball he needs to force it, because if he doesn't we will just bore our way sideways till we lose possession. 

Not to labour the point but it's because our midfield is shit. If Thiago is injured, which he pretty much always is, it's got about as much creativity as a mid level Chinese civil servant.