You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 hour ago, Lario said:

Good on him.

Centreback being a cunt and got treated as such.

Subsequent ban is annoying, and it's a pity he didn't burst Anderson's nose. But we are where we are.

Hopefully Bobby is fit 'cause the Mancs won't have a clue how to deal with him dropping deep.

Or throw Big Nat up front to stand next to Martinez.

Yeah, good on him, what a guy. I mean, who doesn't love a player headbutting an opponent, getting sent off, after being shite all game, on his home debut, when the team is losing, leading to a three game suspension when we already have loads of injuries. Great stuff, good on him. Hopefully he does it again, that'll show those PL defenders. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, aws said:

Trying too hard. He'll be a really good player for us when he calms down. 

He needs a long sit down chat with Luis who can talk him through dealing with grocks . Because there will be more of the type of shite from Anderson coming.

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

Errrr.....why does he need Cavani to tell him not to try to headbutt a defender?.....

I obviously don't mean for that. I mean his game as a whole. Cavani has been one of the best forwards consistently in Europe for a decade, he would have plenty of things in his locker to help nurture Nunez. All the little tricks to help deal with that type of defending.  We don't have similar player in the squad to help him with his style of football. We are also playing 2 games a week from September so another forward,one who will know he is a option off the bench more weeks would help. 

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I obviously don't mean for that. I mean his game as a whole. Cavani has been one of the best forwards consistently in Europe for a decade, he would have plenty of things in his locker to help nurture Nunez. All the little tricks to help deal with that type of defending.  We don't have similar player in the squad to help him with his style of football. We are also playing 2 games a week from September so another forward,one who will know he is a option off the bench more weeks would help. 

Mate, I am not trying to be funny or rude, we are struggling to buy a midfielder we desperately need right now and you are talking about signing a 35 year to help out the most expensive striker in our history. Come on...

Nunez will be fine, he is just too anxious right now. Once he calms down and once he has worked out that most defenders in this league are bullies with more physical power than skill, he will be fine. I am convinced he will score lots of goals for us, starting very soon.

• Upvote 1

He's had 2 games at Anfield, I'll be judging him on the other one, where he was confident, settled and ice cold in his mind. Last night he was a bag of nerves, he literally didn't kick the ball properly all night, Harry Maguire would have looked a better striker than him. He lost the rag, no big deal. We move on. 

• Upvote 1

All the CB's in the league are going to kicking / pushing and shoving him to get a reaction now he's put a big target on his back that he's a hothead.

There was few minutes compilation showing last night between that palace CB and Nunez he was needling him all night and he didnt handle it well at all even before he lashed out.

4 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Mate, I am not trying to be funny or rude, we are struggling to buy a midfielder we desperately need right now and you are talking about signing a 35 year to help out the most expensive striker in our history. Come on...

Nunez will be fine, he is just too anxious right now. Once he calms down and once he has worked out that most defenders in this league are bullies with more physical power than skill, he will be fine. I am convinced he will score lots of goals for us, starting very soon.

We aren't struggling to buy one, they've just decided not to. And dug their heals in that the layer they want isn't available.  Saying a 35 year old on a one year deal,free transfer is hardly going to eat up huge amounts of money. And it's not like they'll do it anyway,just saying it's something I'd consider 

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

All the CB's in the league are going to kicking / pushing and shoving him to get a reaction now he's put a big target on his back that he's a hothead.

There was few minutes compilation showing last night between that palace CB and Nunez he was needling him all night and he didnt handle it well at all even before he lashed out.

Yes but Klopp and players will ensure he gets past the phase. Best solution is to score goals. As a team though we need to be more smarter, we allow defenders to pull all kinds of shit.....even yesterday Salah's shirt was being pulled all the time. I hate to say it but I think we need to start going down a bit more. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, aws said:

Trying too hard. He'll be a really good player for us when he calms down. 

In everything, yeah. Completely agree. He's snatching at chances and getting wound up by grock centre backs; everything he seems to be doing is just desperation to prove himself and it's not doing him any favours and it's just frustrating him. Hopefully he learns from this and he has three games in the stands to calm down a bit and dedicate himself to training and he comes back just as determined but more relaxed.

How anyone is writing him off is a mystery to me. He's done at least as much good as bad, and that's largely the same as Fabinho, Robertson, Konate, Matip, Tsimikas and basically any signing we've made bar Van Dijk, Alisson, Thiago, Salah and Mane. I'd rather he was in the latter camp - who wouldn't - but Fabinho looked just as "fuck me what the fuck is this" in his early appearances and he turned out OK after some experience and work on the training ground.

On Fabinho he has been absolute shite these first two games. Teams really figured out just give him tbe ball and it slows us down. He needs to be driving forward if people sitting off him a d dictating the pace of the game. 

There's load of unnecessary pressure on him because rival fans want him to fail. There's been plenty of players who were more expensive buys than him. 

He's raw but Klopp knew that and he's got loads of scope for development. I've got no worries about him at all and all the pundits who were top strikers like Lineker and Shearer seem to like what they see in terms of the runs he's making etc. 

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

Yeah, good on him, what a guy. I mean, who doesn't love a player headbutting an opponent, getting sent off, after being shite all game, on his home debut, when the team is losing, leading to a three game suspension when we already have loads of injuries. Great stuff, good on him. Hopefully he does it again, that'll show those PL defenders. 

You need a little bit of that

I wonder if the people on here who said "his technique is fine" can actually see what a few of us were talking about now.

He was stupid last night but he will be a good player in years to come and score goals. He made some good runs and got himself into some good positions to miss those chances yesterday.

We played really well with him in the team, that's the main thing we should take from the game. It's not like it was a totally shit performance and we didn't create lots of chances, especially in the first half, he was part of that.