You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Call me weird but I'd rather he did what he did than dive like a cunt there. We do need to be a bit smarter with other side shithousery though. Robbo looks on it but the rest of the players don't seem to want to get involved. 

He's going to be suspended for 3 games. Nothing happens if he just falls down from a push.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Call me weird but I'd rather he did what he did than dive like a cunt there. We do need to be a bit smarter with other side shithousery though. Robbo looks on it but the rest of the players don't seem to want to get involved. 

This. We probably have a squad of very decent characters. Too nice perhaps at times. I reckon if one of our players had tried there would have been a decent chance of provoking that Dane bloke and gotten him a second yellow within the next 5 minutes.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Agree with this.

Look at Spurs yesterday. For me Conte was probably very happy they were snide. They have been laughed at for years as being a soft touch, don't think anyone will be saying that about them come the end of the season. I am already readying myself for the shithousery when they come to Anfield. 

I also remember Alan Shearer booting Neil Lennon in the head (today VAR probably would have sent him off or if Stuart Atwell was in charge booked Lennon) and nobody went near him after that. The opposite will clearly happen with Nunez in the short term but once he learns to control it and use it in the right way teams may regret poking the bear. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think you're missing my point. 

No, I'm not. Your preferred outcome leads to him possibly not playing because of violent conduct. Diving on the floor gets you at worst a yellow. Being a diving shithouse is right every time in comparison to acting like he did.

1 minute ago, HBenn said:

Agree with this.

Look at Spurs yesterday. For me Conte was probably very happy they were snide. They have been laughed at for years as being a soft touch, don't think anyone will be saying that about them come the end of the season. I am already readying myself for the shithousery when they come to Anfield. 

I also remember Alan Shearer booting Neil Lennon in the head (today VAR probably would have sent him off or if Stuart Atwell was in charge booked Lennon) and nobody went near him after that. The opposite will clearly happen with Nunez in the short term but once he learns to control it and use it in the right way teams may regret poking the bear. 

I'd rather he didn't volley anyone in the head unless it was Holgate! 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, I'm not. Your preferred outcome leads to him possibly not playing because of violent conduct. Diving on the floor gets you at worst a yellow. Being a diving shithouse is right every time in comparison to acting like he did.

Fair enough. That's where we differ. 

24 minutes ago, Jhinge Machha said:

He went after the palace defender earlier as well

Having finally seen this all the way through (was eating when it happened and missed the incident), the Palace defender goes down like he moonlights for WWE. Sure there's contact but it's not exactly Zidane putting Materazzi on the floor is it? It's a silly reaction that we don't need from our players but I think it's a bit bullshit for that to be a straight red card in my opinion, we've seen similar when the other player stands his ground and nothing happens but some handbags and maybe a yellow both ways. Still he has to learn from it because every cunt from an alehouse side will now be trying to rile him up and the refs will be out to make another example of him. He's got a reputation now and it'll be hyped up by the media even more because that's the nature of our world today.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd rather he didn't volley anyone in the head unless it was Holgate! 

Ha! Yes, wasn't suggesting he did that I was thinking more like if he learns to control it and glares at the player (or ideally scores a hattrick) that will probably be enough to put off some players. I swear the mere thought that they may get snapped by Gerrard earnt him another yard of space as he got older.

I’m already sick of people saying things like ‘he’s young, he’ll learn’ etc. Fuck that. He’s being paid as a grown up and he should act like one. I’d expect under 9’s to know not to headbutt the oppo no matter how much you get wound up. 
He was dogshit in the game, absolute wank, he’s 22, not a five year old. Stop making excuses for him. I hope Klopp strangled him after the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’m already sick of people saying things like ‘he’s young, he’ll learn’ etc. Fuck that. He’s being paid as a grown up and he should act like one. I’d expect under 9’s to know not to headbutt the oppo no matter how much you get wound up. 
He was dogshit in the game, absolute wank, he’s 22, not a five year old. Stop making excuses for him. I hope Klopp strangled him after the game.

giphy.gif

I expect the recruitment team would have seen him play plenty of games in Portugal against packed defence teams? He looked pretty good in the CL last season when playing as a lone striker, with his own side defending deep, but he didn’t look anything special tonight against Palace. The sending off was just stupidity, and I’ve no doubt Klopp and the senior pro’s will have let him know that immediately after the game. When he does come back, I hope he starts to show why we paid all that money for him, as the honeymoon period will be pretty short for some.

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

giphy.gif

Don’t know what that means and I don’t care. If you thought that was acceptable tonight then that’s up to you. He was shit, has looked like Bambi on ice and then didn’t even give the option of subbing him off. Might as well have saved the money and given Origi the wage. 

10 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Don’t know what that means and I don’t care. If you thought that was acceptable tonight then that’s up to you. He was shit, has looked like Bambi on ice and then didn’t even give the option of subbing him off. Might as well have saved the money and given Origi the wage. 

Did he look like bambi on ice against City and Fulham when he came on?