You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

He was goaded into a reaction but still didn't help himself by reacting. It was stupid enough that he might merit a Darwin Award. Now he is missing for 3 games, and I don't expect Diogo to be back before then so we are short of options everywhere at the minute.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

The fact he has had a go at heading the Palace player just before it and got away with it makes it even worse and more idiotic.

Yeah, proper stupid behaviour. I wouldn't mind nutting the palace player myself though the cunt. 

Pretty much as I expected, not without ability but very raw, to the point of naivety. I voted no in the poll because I thought it was a huge sum of money to pay for someone who is so far from the finished article; I got some stick for it but time has only reinforced that view.

16 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Hes had a superb start on the pitch

Has he though?

I think part of the problem is there are very few defining moments in his play that you can point to as evidence at the moment (yes small sample etc)

It's lots of running around and frustration and snatching at shots (so many snatched shots) that, granted, have resulted in a few goals but no real passage of play that you could say that is why we bought him and this is what he can do. At best you can argue that at least he's getting in the positions.

He wasn't helped by the shortened pre-season and constantly playing in a make shift team but I'd expect a bit better even at this stage.

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Pretty much as I expected, not without ability but very raw, to the point of naivety. I voted no in the poll because I thought it was a huge sum of money to pay for someone who is so far from the finished article; I got some stick for it but time has only reinforced that view.

You've got him in your fantasy team.... 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Trumo said:

He was goaded into a reaction but still didn't help himself by reacting. It was stupid enough that he might merit a Darwin Award. Now he is missing for 3 games, and I don't expect Diogo to be back before then so we are short of options everywhere at the minute.

He went after the palace defender earlier as well

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Has he though?

I think part of the problem is there are very few defining moments in his play that you can point to as evidence at the moment (yes small sample etc)

It's lots of running around and frustration and snatching at shots (so many snatched shots) that, granted, have resulted in a few goals but no real passage of play that you could say that is why we bought him and this is what he can do. At best you can argue that at least he's getting in the positions.

He wasn't helped by the shortened pre-season and constantly playing in a make shift team but I'd expect a bit better even at this stage.

It's all about activity. He snatches at everything against Fulham too but it comes off for him. Complete bull in a china shop stuff. For an expensive, high level signing, he's about as raw as it gets.

The lad is very very raw in sone areas. 

His movement off the ball is good, he's getting the chances too. Just needs to settle down and finish them. 

Stupid reaction from him, Anderson baited him like fuck and got away with murder all game. Problem is defenders now know they can get in his head, and as we see week in week out any non top 6 club defender often get away with murder with off the ball shit,leaving your foot in. They'll all be looking for reactions now, needs to sort it out and play them at their own game. 

Ref was fucking shocking again, but that's no excuse 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

His movement off the ball is good, he's getting the chances too. Just needs to settle down and finish them. 

Stupid reaction from him, Anderson baited him like fuck and got away with murder all game. Problem is defenders now know they can get in his head, and as we see week in week out any non top 6 club defender often get away with murder with off the ball shit,leaving your foot in. They'll all be looking for reactions now, needs to sort it out and play them at their own game. 

True. Would be like blaming the colour of the grass being green.

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This. He seems to be getting chances every ten minutes, which is no coincidence. Brilliant movement and positioning. But agree that he looks raw, needs to settle and calm down. If he starts putting them away it’ll be fun.

• Upvote 1

He is a young lad and hopefully will learn. If he doesn't then that would be a real concern.

His touch concerned me more than anything but then again, Jürgen said he was raw and he clearly is. Jurgen has a decent record with young forwards, Lewandowski was crap at first. 

For me, there is an element of Latino in it and it needs to be moulded and managed. As controversial as it may be, it reminded me of something Daniel Agger and Roy Keane both said about how all top players need that edge to them and you can learn how to control your temper but you cannot put that fire in the belly if its not there. I agree with that, I would much prefer a player that has a temper than one that apologises or dissapears in games. Anyone remember some of the Gerrard, Mascherano and Carragher moments of uncontrolled aggression/stupidity as young players? I sure do.

Just now, HBenn said:

He is a young lad and hopefully will learn. If he doesn't then that would be a real concern.

His touch concerned me more than anything but then again, Jürgen said he was raw and he clearly is. Jurgen has a decent record with young forwards, Lewandowski was crap at first. 

For me, there is an element of Latino in it and it needs to be moulded and managed. As controversial as it may be, it reminded me of something Daniel Agger and Roy Keane both said about how all top players need that edge to them and you can learn how to control your temper but you cannot put that fire in the belly if its not there. I agree with that, I would much prefer a player that has a temper than one that apologises or dissapears in games. Anyone remember some of the Gerrard, Mascherano and Carragher moments of uncontrolled aggression/stupidity as young players? I sure do.

I remember Owen getting sent off for England U21's when he was just coming through. Headbutt and all I think.

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

This. He seems to be getting chances every ten minutes, which is no coincidence. Brilliant movement and positioning. But agree that he looks raw, needs to settle and calm down. If he starts putting them away it’ll be fun.

I agree with this. He seems to be suffering from a bit of anxiety, really wants to impress.

Just now, an tha said:

Now that is proper shithousery and the kind that clever fuckers do....maybe would have got the Palace lad a red card

Call me weird but I'd rather he did what he did than dive like a cunt there. We do need to be a bit smarter with other side shithousery though. Robbo looks on it but the rest of the players don't seem to want to get involved.