You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

Came and did well. Unlucky with his first chance, did everything right to lift it but Ederson did very well. Should've scored the first header really as he had plenty of time. Took his goal really well. Like some of the 4 he got in the friendly, keeper got a touch but who cares? If he bobbles 30 in this year I won't give a fuck. 

Like Haaland, he gets in a lot of good positions. Fancy he's a bit better from deep, as he seemed to find a lot of space on the break a couple of times and is a bit quicker. Thought Diaz' marking for the goal was awful, just let him run in behind, but that could be down to the movement as well. 

Interesting to see how he goes from here. Don't think teams can afford to overload on Mo with him around, which is quite exciting in itself. With Jota floating around too? Defences are going to be all over the place. Going to need eyes in the back of their heads.

• Upvote 3

I love the fact we sign fighters like him and Diaz. Mane was the same.

What you lack in ability or technique you can more than make up for with attitude, hard work, desire and a desperation to win. 

Haaland is probably the better footballer but Nunez has that animal instinct. South Americans have it in spades, you're either born with it or you aren't.

Some strikers don't score an opportunity and it plays on their mind for the whole game. Sure Darwin will miss chances but he'll get really angry and want to score the next cus he's so pissed off. Suarez had that too, that mind set will see him become a top striker for us I think.

• Upvote 1

Just now, KMD7 said:

It’s a great looking trophy, same as the FA Cup. Iconic. So many memories. Awful shame the Premier League trophy looks like something from a tacky Marbella penthouse. They should go back to the classic piece of silver that they now ridiculously give to the winners of the Championship. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It’s a great looking trophy, same as the FA Cup. Iconic. So many memories. Awful shame the Premier League trophy looks like something from a tacky Marbella penthouse. They should go back to the classic piece of silver that they now ridiculously give to the winners of the Championship. 

So true 

I've seen fans from other clubs saying he didn't play well yesterday. I've heard some shite in my day but that's right up there. Weird shit what some people convince themselves. 

He came off the bench for his first appearance, signed for a massive fee, against Man City, with the game level, having been taking some flak in pre season, and changed the game. He was dynamite, put Ederson under pressure after the offside, did well on the one on one chance and Ederson did really well, the header before the penalty was the only real negative, but at least he was in the position and still led to a penalty, and then scored a good goal. He was a constant threat. I'd probably give him MOTM. 

OK, his technique isn't perfect but he looks like he's got plenty to compensate - desire, intensity, pace, physicality. Early days but I was impressed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

I've seen fans from other clubs saying he didn't play well yesterday. I've heard some shite in my day but that's right up there. Weird shit what some people convince themselves. 

He came off the bench for his first appearance, signed for a massive fee, against Man City, with the game level, having been taking some flak in pre season, and changed the game. He was dynamite, put Ederson under pressure after the offside, did well on the one on one chance and Ederson did really well, the header before the penalty was the only real negative, but at least he was in the position and still led to a penalty, and then scored a good goal. He was a constant threat. I'd probably give him MOTM. 

OK, his technique isn't perfect but he looks like he's got plenty to compensate - desire, intensity, pace, physicality. Early days but I was impressed. 

If not playing well means a goal,winning a pen and probably a yard from winning a second pen then I'll take not playing well most weeks 

25 minutes ago, Mook said:

Where are people getting that his technique isn't great?

I've watched him in three full games now, he's scored in every one and his technique looks superb to me.

His passing is demonstrably bad. 55% completion percentage of short passes in the Champions League last season. Really bad. He has obvious technical flaws. He is great at many other things, though. And Klopp will know that, it doesn't mean it has to be debilitating. He is tailor made to run onto the passes that Trent plays very often in the course of games.