You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

They are going on about money 'cos that is the only thing they can talk about right now. They *know* we are ace, they *know* we are awesome in transfers, they *know* Klopp will most likely turn Nunez into a world class forward and above all they are pissed off that their happiness on Mane leaving didn't last 5 mins. 

The initial sum of £64m is less than the cost of Grealish, Pogba, McGuire, Lukaku (twice), Sancho, Havertz, Dias and Nicolas fucking Pepe. If we end up paying the full add on cost of £21m it would mean we win shit loads over the next 5 years. 

So......a bit of perspective, eh...... 

tenor.gif

31 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Wait till he finds out Tokyo Joe's is no longer.

I’m coming up to Preston for three days tomorrow with work, now I feel like I’m missing out even though I’ve never been to Tokyo Joe’s

31 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I’m coming up to Preston for three days tomorrow with work, now I feel like I’m missing out even though I’ve never been to Tokyo Joe’s

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

There he is right now. (In red, appropriately)

198FFD2D-B695-4A85-971E-F6267B014BC1.jpeg

Looks like he's going into Warton from that pic. Good luck to Liverpool getting in there to collect him.

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

He wanted to see the beauty of Preston from the air

Best place to view as it means you don't have to experience the mean streets of Avenham, Fishwick, and Plungey

48 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

He'll head to Squires or whatever it's called this week.

16 minutes ago, Wezza said:

It was quite the place in the late 90's before it went pretentious and disappeared up it's own arse. Never got my head around why you pay "x" amount of pounds to go in a club to just sit in a booth drinking overpriced Russian firewater because some gobshite rapper stuck his name on it.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

26 goals in 28 league games and 6 in 10 Champions League games? And he's not been impressed? Fuck me 

I live with someone who is Portuguese and follows Benfica and he doesn't think he's worth the fee. There are many Benfica fans who didn't think he was that good. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I live with someone who is Portuguese and follows Benfica and he doesn't think he's worth the fee. There are many Benfica fans who didn't think he was that good. 

Call me mental if you like but I'd sooner go with Jurgen Klopp's opinion on a player than "some Portuguese bloke":

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Footballs not for everybody

3 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Call me mental if you like but I'd sooner go with Jurgen Klopp's opinion on a player than "some Portuguese bloke:.

I told him that we rarely go wrong with transfers. He didn't think he was shite or whatever, just that he wasn't that great in his opinion. 

Anyway, players can improve, take to different leagues really well. Just because he had weak points at Benfica, doesn't mean we'll see them at Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Wezza said:

If you're in Preston, of course you'll feel like you're missing out. It's Preston.

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Will he prove as good a finisher as Fowler though? 

The fundamental question is, will he be as effective as a finisher like Fowler was? And he will be, even more so.

But until he is, it's going to be hard to verify that he will be more effective. 

• Upvote 2