You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

At what point does this become a transfer saga? 

It feels like a while since we’ve had a proper saga. We’ve been boringly good at transfers for too long now. We need this young man boarding planes and then disembarking planes, without them taking off, a minimum six times. 

A rumoured ride on the log flume at Alton Towers with Jurgen Klopp wouldn’t go amiss as well. 

This is never a saga yet. He’s playing tomorrow & the Portugese window isn’t open yet. 

Officially agreed early next week I reckon. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think the big factor in the thinking is that he's in that profile of attacker that goes wide and central that we like, with the added quality that he adds this huge physical presence we don't have. So it's at the same time coherent with what we do and also additive. 

And best case, especially with his size and pace and goals, we may believe he's a real alternative to a presence like Haaland, which City got. 

I agree with the general premise of this post.

However, I also think if this profile of attacker is what we now want, we probably would have been better off keeping Origi on higher wages and a guarantee of more playing time.

4 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

I agree with the general premise of this post.

However, I also think if this profile of attacker is what we now want, we probably would have been better off keeping Origi on higher wages and a guarantee of more playing time.

Nah. Everybody loves the guy but I am not sure he has scored as many golas in his whole career as Nunez has this season. 

3 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

He’s rapid for a big man , the more I watch the clips I can see a more powerful slightly rough around the edges torrres, he could develop to be unreal. 

Looking forward to the song ideas.