You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Can't say I'm too arsed if we get him or not. If you were asked a month ago whether you'd trade him (based on his two performances against us) for Sadio Mane? Let alone pay £20-30m on top? You'd have laughed your cock off at the preposterousness of the question.

But that's not the trade we're doing. We're trading 4/5 years of Nunez for one year of Mane because it seems that Mane decided some time ago that he was off. And Nunez today looks as promising as the Mane we bought from Southampton. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dundalis said:

Player of the moment. Werner produced 28 goals and 8 assists his last season at Leipzig in a much much better league than what Nunez is playing in. And at the time pretty much everyone wanted him at Liverpool. Now I like a lot of Nunez' characteristics more, but he's got a lot of flaws that make him almost as risky a buy as Werner was, especially at this price.

Werner under Klopp...I have no doubt would have been better..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dundalis said:

I like Jones, but his style of play is as a playmaker, and he doesn't make anywhere near as many creative plays as even Elliott did in his short time before the injury. And Elliott wasn't setting the world on fire either, he just looked excellent for his age. Carvalho is by far the best creatively, and is technically superior. Need to see if he can hold up physically though.

Elliott looked very good until the injury but not sure how you can say Carvalho is ‘by far’ the best creatively when he’s played 1 full season in the Championship with 10 goals & 8 assists in 36 games for a promotion side & Mitrovic scoring for fun. Elliott played for a midtable Blackburn side at a younger age than Carvalho with 7 goals & 11 assists in 41 games.  By far? It’s totally unknown how Carvalho will adjust to the Prem too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Werner's biggest flaw is mentality. Hope Nunez isn't the same, half heartedly wandering back from perpetually being offside 

Werner's biggest flaw is that he's shit. He's got the touch of an elephant and he clearly doesn't understand the offside law.

I hate him because with all of my other attributes, if I had the pace he has I'd have been a contender for the Balon d'Or.

Nothing worse than a fast striker who can't stay onside. Scum of the earth.

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Elliott looked very good until the injury but not sure how you can say Carvalho is ‘by far’ the best creatively when he’s played 1 full season in the Championship with 10 goals & 8 assists in 36 games for a promotion side & Mitrovic scoring for fun. Elliott played for a midtable Blackburn side at a younger age than Carvalho with 7 goals & 11 assists in 41 games.  By far? It’s totally unknown how Carvalho will adjust to the Prem too. 

I agree. It’s nonsense.

For the mammoth fee is he going to be impactful enough to warrant it. Watching his videos and the performances against us he doesn't stand out as a break the bank transfer. His age is important. Obviously the club has more than earnt the trust to know how to spend it, it just seems a huge transfer.

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Nunez looks exactly like the cunt my wife fucks on holiday when she was 22 and made her squirt for the only time in her life with his elite cock and chiselled tanned body, in the afternoon, on a lilo, and washed his cock off in the kiddies pool before going to play five a side playing skins.  

At least one of you is happy we’re signing him.

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Nunez looks exactly like the cunt my wife fucks on holiday when she was 22 and made her squirt for the only time in her life with his elite cock and chiselled tanned body, in the afternoon, on a lilo, and washed his cock off in the kiddies pool before going to play five a side playing skins.  

Sorry for your loss.

33 minutes ago, aws said:

But that's not the trade we're doing. We're trading 4/5 years of Nunez for one year of Mane because it seems that Mane decided some time ago that he was off. And Nunez today looks as promising as the Mane we bought from Southampton. 

While this is true within the context of the situation, I'm still going with what I know and taking 3/4 more years of Sadio, given the choice. Seeing as we don't have the choice, I want better, more proven than this lad at this price. 

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Nice.

7 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Is her name Andrea by any chance?

9 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Oddly specific. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, dave u said:

Werner's biggest flaw is that he's shit. He's got the touch of an elephant and he clearly doesn't understand the offside law.

I hate him because with all of my other attributes, if I had the pace he has I'd have been a contender for the Balon d'Or.

I reckon he's got a bit of the Aquilani eyes about him. When he looks along the line he sees two more defenders playing him on.

Too weak for us. Getting subbed because his ears go pop when it's loud. Mentality midget.

35 minutes ago, dave u said:

I mean like this is wonderful self-confidence. 

41 minutes ago, dave u said:

First you are the Messi of the lads playing footie.

Then you became the Klopp of the podcast.

Now you are the Ballon D’or winner cause Werner is a rubbish mix of Pennant, Downing, Djbril and Ibe. 

I was ready to swerve football and the site after the final. Till pre-season atleast.
Clearly haven’t done that mind.

I think it’s pretty clear where we stand. 
It’s time for another podcast.

You know it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, RedSand said:

First you are the Messi of the lads playing footie.

Then you became the Klopp of the podcast.

Now you are the Ballon D’or winner cause Werner is a rubbish mix of Pennant, Downing, Djbril and Ibe. 

I was ready to swerve football and the site after the final, till pre-season atleast.
Clearly haven’t done that mind.

I think it’s pretty clear where we stand. 
It’s time for another podcast.

You know it makes sense.

That doesn’t rhyme and there’s no line about running down the wing.

24 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Fucking hell. Sounds pretty familiar this. Was it in benidorm by any chance? Scored a hat trick I did playing for skins. What a day that was. 

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Obviously the club has more than earnt the trust to know how to spend it

Not that you'd know it reading this thread. He's been scouted for several years, he's had a huge team of analysts producing regular data and video reports on him, and Klopp rates him really highly. But a few people sitting about watching YouTube have grave doubts. Fucking hell.

30 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Ewww, that's disgusting. What was his name?