You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Films That Have Aged Badly

34 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Didn't get that far, too drunk.

Did the good guy win?

Oscar Pistorius has a run-in with a compressor, don't wanna spoil the rest.

Have always wondered how a British version of the Terminator would work.

(1) He wouldn't be able to find any decent clothes - he's not fitting into skinny jeans.

(2) He wouldn't be able to buy any guns.

(3) Sarah Connor would be ex-directory.

(4) There'd be nobody in the police station. He'd turn up looking for her and be asked to phone the call centre at Crewe. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Shite?!?! 

The fuck! The bit where she turns the brother into a turd and his nan and grandad being frozen in the cupboard are comedy gold.

I'll give you that but they don't rescue it for me, and that mid eighties score dates it horribly.

Those two moments and the lovely Kelly apart, it was shite.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Oscar Pistorius has a run-in with a compressor, don't wanna spoil the rest.

Have always wondered how a British version of the Terminator would work.

(1) He wouldn't be able to find any decent clothes - he's not fitting into skinny jeans.

(2) He wouldn't be able to buy any guns.

(3) Sarah Connor would be ex-directory.

(4) There'd be nobody in the police station. He'd turn up looking for her and be asked to phone the call centre at Crewe. 

Hahaha

When he knocks the first door:

"Sarah Connor?" 

"Oh for god sake will you people please read the sign" *slams door* 

"I'll be back"

"We close at 5" 

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha

When he knocks the first door:

"Sarah Connor?" 

"Oh for god sake will you people please read the sign" *slams door* 

"I'll be back"

"We close at 5" 

I've been told you dance like the bloke from Tech Noir, I'm not saying it's true, I'm just saying it's what I've been told.

tech-noir-the-terminator.gif

When I was a kid I was desperate to see this when the advert played on TV. I made my dad sneak me in. I remember it being so much scarier than the CBeebies level shit it looks like now. He must have been doing his nut losing 90 minutes of his life.

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

When I was a kid I was desperate to see this when the advert played on TV. I made my dad sneak me in. I remember it being so much scarier than the CBeebies level shit it looks like now. He must have been doing his nut losing 90 minutes of his life.

Im off to download that

21 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Masters of the Universe with Dolph Lungren 

I remember as a 10 year old being so excited for that film release, I probably enjoyed it at the time even though it wasn't based in Eternia which was a ridiculous concept probably based on budget.

Frank Langella and Meg Foster did make a great Skeletor and Evil Lynn though.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I remember as a 10 year old being so excited for that film release, I probably enjoyed it at the time even though it wasn't based in Eternia which was a ridiculous concept probably based on budget.

Frank Langella and Meg Foster did make a great Skeletor and Evil Lynn though.

I always forget who played Skeletor, as the make-up made him look the spit of a zombie Jack Palance.

On 11/07/2022 at 23:18, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Not a film, but...

I've just seen an episode of Not Going Out from 2009 and the whole premise - the frisson of meeting a lesbian, because that's something rare and exotic - just seemed like something from a far distant age.

I've put this before but there is one episode of minder that can't be shown even with cuts. It's actually quite funny and the story isn't homophobic at end. Iron Is rhyming slang for iron hoof, poof 

13 hours ago, Le Duan said:

Masters of the Universe with Dolph Lungren 

I remember Lundgren on Jonathan Ross in the run up to that film, and Ross with a crap joke about method acting by hanging around toy shops,  and Dolph genuinely looking for a second as if he was going to kill him.