You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Courtois

Kevin D

I didn't think Mo did much wrong with his chance near the end. Would have been enough to beat most keepers. Courtois just made an incredible save unfortunately. Great save from Mane as well but the way it just bounced straight back to him rather than going in off the post or into the path of one of our forwards for a tap in seemed to sum up how everything seemed to run their way all night. Mishit shot goes straight to their one player in the box for a tap in for their goal. Even the goal they had disallowed seemed to require about half a dozen ricochets all going their way to end up at Benzema's feet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

One phenomenal save (from Mané) but an otherwise routine performance against truly appalling finishing. 

Nonsense and a complete misunderstanding of what it is that makes top keeper’s. It’s not Ramsdale flying around for the MOTD cameras, it’s decisive saves at big times in big matches.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

He played well and has had a great season, but Salah simply has to score one of his chances. He had 6 shots on target. 6. That's so many. 

As good as he is, Mbappe made him look like a fool multiple times against PSG and Bernardo Silva scores at his near post against City. We just had a lack of realism in front of goal and you can say that because it's not exactly a one off given our other performances in finals. We said the same thing about Mendy. At some point, you have to be more clinical. 

Crazy that this arrogant twat is being hailed for a 'great' performance. One header literally went straight into his arms where he was standing. Another save was from Salah using, for once, his right foot. Alisson has better performances than that in run of the mill league games.

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

Crazy that this arrogant twat is being hailed for a 'great' performance. One header literally went straight into his arms where he was standing. Another save was from Salah using, for once, his right foot. Alisson has better performances than that in run of the mill league games.

Seriously? Did you watch the game or slept through it ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

He was good, but only the save from Mané was extraordinary - every thing else was due to diabolical finishing. You’d expect Andy Dibble or latter-day Dave Beasant to comfortably save them.

Complete bullshit, three of his saves from Salah efforts were top drawer. 

• Upvote 1

There have been plenty of games this season when Alisson's one-on-one saves, and other saves, have been stunning and crucial (but taken for granted because you're used to it). Last night their keeper made two really excellent saves and the rest was really poor shooting. The idea he was in 'unstoppable' form is ridiculous. The same forwards, in the form of two months or so ago, would have left him on his arse. He wasn't the difference. The forwards were woefully off form.

1 hour ago, Code said:

Complete bullshit, three of his saves from Salah efforts were top drawer. 

I'd be fuming if Adrian let any off them in. The first one barely had anything on it; the second was more like a save for he cameras, and the last was decent but expected save - needed to be hit like Taki's shot against Soton to have any chance

11 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Not sentient enough to feel or appreciate a top performance by a keeper then.

If Alisson has made those saves everyone of us will be wanking to oblivion today.

Some of us are anyway. 

The only difference is that the tears are saltier today. 

• Upvote 1

On 29/05/2022 at 11:30, gkmacca said:

I watched the game. A redundant question for a sentient reader, but it's been answered anyway. I think the comment you were searching for was 'I don't agree with you'. 

You seem to be coming on here looking for arguments and being controversial lately. I don't seem to remember you being so deliberately belligerent in the past. Maybe I was wrong?

Curtois had a superb game and goalkeeping is all about keeping the goals out and he did,with a fair bit of luck of course. Ironically,my mate showed me stats before the game showing how many shots Curtois had faced compared to Alisson and said 'This is why I think we will win!' Obviously,the opposite was true.

• Upvote 1