You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

I’ve seen messages on social media this morning calling Liverpool fans a disgrace, that they should be banned from Europe, and that they were lucky they didn’t murder anyone else last night. 

People just believe what they want to believe, what they’ve been conditioned to believe. That statement from UEFA just plays into the confirmation bias that exists for so many around all things Liverpool, the football club, it’s people, and the city itself.

Whatever the real truth is, this is their truth and it will stay that way, whatever evidence to the contrary is provided.

Maybe I’m looking at it through rose tinted glasses, and certainly social media has fuelled it, but the levels of vitriol never used to be this bad. 

Football is but a small part of it, but it reflects what’s happening in the wider world. Exploitation, the blame game, dividing those who actually should be bedfellows, extreme selfishness, a lack of empathy and human decency…..

There are many good people in this world but their voices are being systematically edited out.

I’m raw today but I don’t like what we’ve become, and I fear for where we’re going. 

Stop the world, I’m getting off. 

• Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve seen messages on social media this morning calling Liverpool fans a disgrace, that they should be banned from Europe, and that they were lucky they didn’t murder anyone else last night. 

People just believe what they want to believe, what they’ve been conditioned to believe. That statement from UEFA just plays into the confirmation bias that exists for so many around all things Liverpool, the football club, it’s people, and the city itself.

Whatever the real truth is, this is their truth and it will stay that way, whatever evidence to the contrary is provided.

Maybe I’m looking at it through rose tinted glasses, and certainly social media has fuelled it, but the levels of vitriol never used to be this bad. 

Football is but a small part of it, but it reflects what’s happening in the wider world. Exploitation, the blame game, dividing those who actually should be bedfellows, extreme selfishness, a lack of empathy and human decency…..

There are many good people in this world but their voices are being systematically edited out.

I’m raw today but I don’t like what we’ve become, and I fear for where we’re going. 

Stop the world, I’m getting off. 

Agree with a lot of that. SM is poisonous, tbh I’m glad the season is over, I don’t want to even think about football for a while, sick of everything to do with it 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Agree with a lot of that. SM is poisonous, 

Much as I'm inclined to agree, it's because of social media, this time around, that fewer of the official lies are sticking. If last night's chaos had been 20 or so years ago, UEFA and the police would have conspired to set the story. At least now too many people have filmed and reported the evidence that contradicts the lies. That's in part because of social media. As for reactions, those have always been there, they just didn't used to have the opportunity to broadcast their toxity so widely.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was at Z last night. I was there at 7pm and didn’t get in until 8.15pm. My mate was a bit later and got gassed. The organisation was absolutely piss poor. 

Yes, there were some trying to bunk in, but it wasn’t massive and the way they handled it was awful and made the situation a million times worse. They were lucky, the vast, vast, vast majority of supporters were patient and well behaved in the face of significant incompetence and provocation. 

As I was on the way in, literally as they scanned my QR code, some prick lifted my phone and all my bank cards. Luckily, I saw LL inside and was able to let my Dad & wife know I was alright. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I was at Z last night. I was there at 7pm and didn’t get in until 8.15pm. My mate was a bit later and got gassed. The organisation was absolutely piss poor. 

Yes, there were some trying to bunk in, but it wasn’t massive and the way they handled it was awful and made the situation a million times worse. They were lucky, the vast, vast, vast majority of supporters were patient and well behaved in the face of significant incompetence and provocation. 

As I was on the way in, literally as they scanned my QR code, some prick lifted my phone and all my bank cards. Luckily, I saw LL inside and was able to let my Dad & wife know I was alright. 

Fuck sake. I’ve heard a lot of very moody young french locals were on a full on blag last night. Little cunts 

Well... from reading through Twitter, below the line comments on newspaper articles and threads on other club forums, we really are hated.

It's not new, it's always been there but social media makes everybody think every brain fart they have is a profound viewpoint.

Our footballing success, Heysel, anti-establishment stance and pursuit of justice over Hillsborough has multiplied this feeling about us.

Don't go on these platforms looking for any sense, you will not find it, even though the evidence to the contrary is there. 

Fuck them all. Be wary of them. It's going to get worse.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

The police policies last night were no doubt due to the reputation we have got dickhead fans bunking in. Rightly or wrongly, that's what the reputation is and the botched police response to it lead to the chaotic scenes IMO. 

It doesn't help one bit that we do indeed have some dickhead fans who try to bunk in wherever we go and have blag tickets. 

This means that the fans who do the right thing whenever we go get kettled, tear gassed and the rest.  I'm just glad the lads I know who went got out unscathed. 

Bunking in isn’t a unique phenomenon to Liverpool games. There are strategies to dealing with it which don’t involve kettling or CS gas. 

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

The police policies last night were no doubt due to the reputation we have got dickhead fans bunking in. Rightly or wrongly, that's what the reputation is and the botched police response to it lead to the chaotic scenes IMO. 

It doesn't help one bit that we do indeed have some dickhead fans who try to bunk in wherever we go and have blag tickets. 

This means that the fans who do the right thing whenever we go get kettled, tear gassed and the rest.  I'm just glad the lads I know who went got out unscathed. 

Spoke to some dickhead bird in work who said she was going to bunk in if she could get a ticket.

She just looked at me when I said she shouldn't do it because our fans will get blamed for any trouble and she'd probably get her head kicked in by the Gendarme. 

25 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Paris, the city of love. 

Seems like a right shithole full of cunts to me.

Paris is an amazing city but the stadium is outside of the city not in the best area.  Tried to visit it once on a non match day, had to change train lines but when I got off the train to change felt very uncomfortable so went to the opposite platform and headed straight back into Paris.

I’m about done with it now to be honest, the hatred towards us is off the scale as bad as ever. It’s a game and while I do understand the tribal aspect it saddens me the nature of the hate, too long in the tooth for it now. Worked away with fellas from all over Britain and always had a laugh and no problems whatever your allegiance. Jealousy and bitterness is just foaming at the mouth hatred, football is gone, has been for a while. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I’m about done with it now to be honest, the hatred towards us is off the scale as bad as ever. It’s a game and while I do understand the tribal aspect it saddens me the nature of the hate, too long in the tooth for it now. Worked away with fellas from all over Britain and always had a laugh and no problems whatever your allegiance. Jealousy and bitterness is just foaming at the mouth hatred, football is gone, has been for a while. 

Don’t you know everyone wants Liverpool to win. Pep said so. 

20 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

Bunking in isn’t a unique phenomenon to Liverpool games. There are strategies to dealing with it which don’t involve kettling or CS gas. 

Quite right. What are they going to say next - that we all make off with car tyres? All clubs with a big following have the same issues. Does anyone really think everyone from other clubs queue dutifully up, shoo away ticket touts and never, ever, try any other way of getting in to see their club in a final? Talk about self-inflicted masochism, some fans swallow any old guff as easily as their enemies.

I think I’m just going to adopt a tactic of just ignoring it all now. I’m not on Twitter but have the odd browse. Jib that off. I’ll have a look at the comments and defend our corner on footie stories on Facebook. But, jib that off too. 

It’s easy to want to disengage from the game entirely with all the bilious hatred out there. But, that lets the sad cunts win. Just concentrate on what matters:

“As always I am focused on supporting and cheering my team.”

0173996F-7648-4985-B9FF-F09FE9765AD3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Twitter is a cesspit, the football discourse is all inanity and the sort of oneupmanship you expect on a primary school playground. The UEFA-endorsed narrative will, of course, be used for years to come in spite of just about every credible, impartial source putting the blame elsewhere.

• Downvote 1

This country can get to fuck. I can't wait for England to get twatted in the world cup and their dickhead fans ending up in some Qatari prison after having been beaten to an inch of their lives by the Qatari police. 

The hatred towards liverpool and scousers in particular is just off the scale. This has really got me raging. 

I'm not even arsed about losing the game last night. Just glad people are getting home safe.

People seem to have forgotten England fans storming Wembley in last years European championships final.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mcfaggen said:

Didn't suggest it was unique to us, but the wider perception that we do it at every game contributed to what we saw last night IMO. 

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Spoke to some dickhead bird in work who said she was going to bunk in if she could get a ticket.

She just looked at me when I said she shouldn't do it because our fans will get blamed for any trouble and she'd probably get her head kicked in by the Gendarme. 

I remember going to a pre season ag Villereal and loads of lads on the coach didn't have tickets and just wanted to bunk. Dickheads like them/her go every game. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

People seem to have forgotten England fans storming Wembley in last years European championships final.  

This. Nowhere near the level of outrage and vitriol thats being directed at our fans for doing fuck all wrong 

40 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

This country can get to fuck. I can't wait for England to get twatted in the world cup and their dickhead fans ending up in some Qatari prison after having been beaten to an inch of their lives by the Qatari police. 

The hatred towards liverpool and scousers in particular is just off the scale. This has really got me raging. 

I'm not even arsed about losing the game last night. Just glad people are getting home safe.

It would be hilarious if loads of dickhead Ingerland fans got banged up in Qatar for years, I'd laugh my fucking head off. If not the World Cup is in America in 2026 so hopefully the American police can finish them off.

The hatred has got noticeably worse the last few years. Scouser bashing seems to have become a national pastime.

• Upvote 1