You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

Juventus had their league title stripped and were relegated for their part in match fixing attempts by ensuring certain referees were appointed to their games.

You are being unnecessarily pedantic.

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

French Senate: Liverpool fans have been admonished of any responsibility over what happened at the state de France

Rest of UK : Always the victims, it’s never your fault 

Beat me to it. I hate this country at times

The right outcome following a series of incidents that should never have happened in the first place. I've no doubt that social media has actually played a positive role in all this because it brought an immediacy that quickly enabled all the bullshit stories and arsecovering to be discredited before they were allowed to fester as some sort of official version of events. Nothing like the days when then-UEFA president Artemio Franchi, the Belgian authorities, David Duckenfield and co, and the Thatcher government could so easily make their preferred version of events become the official version because it suited them down to the ground.

Ultimately it does not matter which team you support, no fans simply going to a game should have to go through anything like that. There might still be an overabundance of dickheads in 'civilised society' but it is also still precisely that, a civilised society.

Dear UEFA,

When your CL 'anthem' is booed before our CL games, you have no justification to claim any moral high ground and take action against it. More than at any other time, there is a real reason behind it. And you will be reminded of that again and again and again.

Dear Gerard Darmanin,

Fuck off and retire to some rural shithole and become the non-entity you deserve to be. And take that other shithouse Amelie Oudea-Castera with you.

Dear Daniel Austin,

Many many thanks for your huge efforts to set the story straight and keep it in the public eye. While the events of that night cannot be undone, how they will be portrayed truthfully going forward is in no small part down to what you and a number of others have fought for.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14

There's absolutely no chance they'll lose the Olympics and rugby world cup. 

I'm waiting for the uefa whitewash. They've filled the panel with cunts or people on their payroll. Absolutely no independence at all. But it's going to be hard for them in light of what has been published here. Despite the fact they're the event organisers, no doubt they'll find a way to still blame the fans and the French, while they'll get off scott free. 

47 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I’d still love to see some reds caught up in that disgrace at the Stade de France sue UEFA for what happened. This inquiry is obviously going to be a whitewash.

Billy Hogan was saying some of the people we’d recommended to be on the investigation panel has been appointed? 

UEFA will blame everybody else. They’ll say the issues with the trains, signage through St Denis, attacks outside the ground & ticket checkpoints aren’t their responsibility. 

They’ll blame e-ticket issues on people not having their Bluetooth on as per previously advised and stewards weren’t trained sufficiently. 

They’ll blame paper ticket issues on fakes and that they wanted all tickets to be e-tickets.

Theyll blame stadium announcements on saying what French authorities told them.

• 2 weeks later...

A UK law firm is investigating a potential group legal action against UEFA on behalf of Liverpool fans regarding the chaotic events surrounding May’s Champions League final in Paris.

Leigh Day said it was investigating the potential claim for individuals who suffered physical or psychological injuries, having been contacted by a number of supporters.

The firm said that it believes 5,000-10,000 people could be affected and would be able to join the claim, which is to allege that UEFA failed to ensure a safe and secure environment for those attending the match.

The legal team investigating is being led by consumer and travel law experts Clare Campbell and Jill Paterson, who said in a statement from Leigh Day: “Supporters who had paid to watch a football match at the highest level of the game should have been able to expect that robust safety protocols and adequate risk assessments would be put in place by UEFA, sadly this does not appear to be the case.

“We believe UEFA failed to provide a safe and secure environment for those attending and we are investigating their legal liability to those who suffered injuries as a result.

“It was truly shocking to see how Liverpool fans and others who had travelled to watch the Champions League final were treated both at the match and in the aftermath.

“The accounts of their experiences paint a picture of a terrifying situation where people really feared for their lives.”

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

A UK law firm is investigating a potential group legal action against UEFA on behalf of Liverpool fans regarding the chaotic events surrounding May’s Champions League final in Paris.

Leigh Day said it was investigating the potential claim for individuals who suffered physical or psychological injuries, having been contacted by a number of supporters.

The firm said that it believes 5,000-10,000 people could be affected and would be able to join the claim, which is to allege that UEFA failed to ensure a safe and secure environment for those attending the match.

The legal team investigating is being led by consumer and travel law experts Clare Campbell and Jill Paterson, who said in a statement from Leigh Day: “Supporters who had paid to watch a football match at the highest level of the game should have been able to expect that robust safety protocols and adequate risk assessments would be put in place by UEFA, sadly this does not appear to be the case.

“We believe UEFA failed to provide a safe and secure environment for those attending and we are investigating their legal liability to those who suffered injuries as a result.

“It was truly shocking to see how Liverpool fans and others who had travelled to watch the Champions League final were treated both at the match and in the aftermath.

“The accounts of their experiences paint a picture of a terrifying situation where people really feared for their lives.”

I got my ticket from a friend. Dad got his from a tout website. I sincerely wish everybody who applies for this the very, very best of luck. 

Meant to post the other day, I’m compliant with the French constabulary is progressing - a generic default response if better than nothing…

C8BA178E-90C7-458B-AAC8-5CFCDD4C6A25.png

2DEBC021-1A6A-499F-9336-946B7DC72EF2.jpeg

…I’m very sure at the end I’ll some incredibly blasé apology but at least I’ve tried.  

• Upvote 1