You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

This was is the Guardian today.

Seems like UEFA head of safety and security is now the UEFA presidents mate who has no experience or qualifications.

“Serious concerns were raised about Uefa’s safety and security department earlier this year when an English safety expert with decades of experience quit his role as a consultant for European football’s governing body.

Steve Frosdick, originally a Metropolitan police officer, has dedicated his career to stadium safety in British and European football since the 1990s and has multiple advanced professional qualifications. He resigned from his Uefa consultancy in February, after 11 years in which he was employed to enhance its expertise, incident monitoring, and development and training programmes.
He is said to have become seriously unhappy with the direction of the department which since last year has been headed by Zeljko Pavlica, a close friend of the Uefa president, Aleksandr Ceferin. Frosdick is said to have believed that Uefa’s professionalism, expertise and development were being undermined, and he rejected a proposal to revise his contract, that would have downgraded his role.

Frosdick’s resignation and criticisms came less than four months before serious safety problems beset Uefa’s two end-of-season showpiece events: the Europa League final, where Rangers fans complained there was no water in the heat of Seville, and the horrific chaos suffered by Liverpool and Real Madrid supporters at the Champions League final in Paris.

The revelation of Frosdick’s departure will add to growing concerns about Uefa’s safety operation, and perceived cronyism in the appointment of Pavlica, which Uefa rejects. The Liverpool supporters’ trust Spirit of Shankly, which is representing fans who suffered the excessive delays, police brutality and violent attacks in Paris yet were officially blamed by Uefa for the problems, has renewed its calls for a fully independent inquiry.

The safety and security department has a responsibility for the safe running of Uefa’s matches including finals, and has a leading role in efforts to strengthen good safety practices across European football. Pavlica, a former top-ranking security officer in his native Slovenia, was appointed to head the department last year after the retirement in February 2021 of the previous head of department for four years, Kenny Scott. A 30-year career officer with Strathclyde police up to the rank of chief superintendent, Scott was then head of security at Rangers from 2007 to 2010 and joined Uefa full-time in 2017.

Ceferin, a lawyer in Slovenia, and Pavlica, a former senior security officer for Janez Drnovsek when he was president of Yugoslavia and Slovenia, are said to have been friends for decades. Ceferin was best man at Pavlica’s 2018 wedding to Brigita, a former Olympic athlete representing Slovenia. Shortly after Ceferin won the election to become president of Slovenia’s football association in 2011, Pavlica was given his first job in football, working for the association as a safety and security officer.

Uefa has denied cronyism in his promotion to head its safety and security department, stressing that Pavlica stepped up from Slovenian national football to working for the Europe-wide confederation in 2014. That was an external, part-time role. Two months after Ceferin won the election to become Uefa president in September 2016, Pavlica was promoted to a permanent role at Uefa, as a security adviser.

A Uefa spokesperson said that Pavlica “is a well-respected name in the security business” and in football, and “had an excellent safety and security record with the Slovenian national team and served Uefa very well for more than eight years”. He was considered the “natural successor” to head the department, the spokesperson said, having worked alongside Scott, including on Uefa’s club and national team competitions.

Frosdick was substantially involved as a consultant in Uefa’s training and development programmes and its incident monitoring system, which sought to learn detailed lessons from matches where safety had been put at risk and improve best practice. He is understood to have been invited to make a farewell presentation in a video meeting to Uefa colleagues on 18 February, and is said to have outlined criticisms, including alleging a decline in professionalism. Frosdick declined to comment.

Uefa argues that its expertise has improved since Pavlica’s appointment, not been undermined, saying it has hired proven safety and security experts, continued with training programmes despite the pandemic, and is working to improve incident monitoring. However the spokesperson confirmed that its stadium and security strategy programme, which ran from 2017, had not yet been renewed since it finished last year. Uefa’s description of the 2017–21 programme, which is still on its website, stated that it “drives Uefa’s efforts to keep ahead of the risks and incidents”.

Asked why the programme was not currently running, the spokesperson said: “The next edition of the programme is currently under development and subject to approval by the Uefa stadia and safety committee at one of their next meetings.”

Joe Blott, the Spirit of Shankly chair, emphasised the demand for a fully independent investigation, amid questions, also asked directly by Liverpool, about the independence of the review Uefa announced two days after the final. Uefa appointed as chair the Portuguese politician Tiago Brandão Rodrigues, who has worked closely with Tiago Craveiro, a former chief executive of the Portuguese Football Federation, who is a senior adviser to Ceferin at Uefa.

“Liverpool supporters suffered horrendous experiences in Paris, and we are outraged that Uefa instantly, falsely put the blame on us,” Blott said. “It is now truly disturbing to learn of questions about cronyism, professionalism and the culture in Uefa’s safety department, and we need a fully independent investigation, including into Uefa itself and its running of matches.”

To questions about the events in Paris, specifically the apparently negative perception of Liverpool supporters as troublemakers in advance of the match, Uefa’s spokesperson said: “Due to the ongoing independent investigation, Uefa will not be commenting or disclosing any details on the matter for the time being.”

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking state of this reply 

220E89FB-9745-4DD0-9144-01E894189764.png

Still leaves 5% England 'fans' which is still pretty appalling.  Anyway. Fuck Ingerland. Thank god my mum is a scouser. 

• Upvote 2

I have learnt to ignore all the football-flat-earthers out there, Pete. Took a while but I realised that no matter the evidence, no matter how much of it fhere is, no matter how strong the case, they'll simply ignore it all,  because they dont want to believe. You cant do anything with that,. There is no middle ground to start any conversation. Accepting rhat is liberating. Thankfully, this time at least,  they seem to be in the minority by a significant margin  and their voice pretty much ignored. I need to start adopting that approach with the madder Evertonian elements too.

• Upvote 14

How is it even possible repeatedly to f*** up the simple task of letting 80k people into a stadium? Every other week we let 60k people in at Anfield. I realize it’s more difficult with 20K more people who’re not regulars at the location, but how difficult could it be, really?

I’m sure 50% of us could organize this smoothly and securely. UEFA just can’t do it. UEFA must be the current world record holders of incompetence.

VIEW THIS EMAIL ONLINE

LFC Crest

Dear Ralph

I would like to offer you my sincere gratitude for taking the time and trouble to submit a feedback form about your experiences at the UEFA Champions League Final in Paris.

Writing down the detail of what happened may have been incredibly difficult for you, but the testimony you and nine thousand others have provided will be invaluable in terms of painting a picture of the night overall, and the multitude of issues that arose.

I would also like to assure you that this is just the start of the process as far as Liverpool Football Club is concerned. Our first priority is to establish the facts in the face of misinformation, which means your testimony and content is absolutely critical to this objective.

Football fans should be able to attend matches anywhere in the world in complete safety and our drive and commitment to this whole process is to bring meaningful change so the events in Paris can never be repeated.

Thank you again for your continued support.

w660_285363_billyhogansignaturefull002.j

Billy Hogan

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US PLEASE CONTACT US

Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with the following details: Company Number: 35668 VAT Registration No: 325 1957 56 Registered Office: Anfield Road, Liverpool, L4 0TH. Trading Office: Anfield Road, Liverpool, L4 0TH

o.gif

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ralph said:

VIEW THIS EMAIL ONLINE

LFC Crest

Dear Ralph

I would like to offer you my sincere gratitude for taking the time and trouble to submit a feedback form about your experiences at the UEFA Champions League Final in Paris.

Writing down the detail of what happened may have been incredibly difficult for you, but the testimony you and nine thousand others have provided will be invaluable in terms of painting a picture of the night overall, and the multitude of issues that arose.

I would also like to assure you that this is just the start of the process as far as Liverpool Football Club is concerned. Our first priority is to establish the facts in the face of misinformation, which means your testimony and content is absolutely critical to this objective.

Football fans should be able to attend matches anywhere in the world in complete safety and our drive and commitment to this whole process is to bring meaningful change so the events in Paris can never be repeated.

Billy Hogan

Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with the following details: Company Number: 35668 VAT Registration No: 325 1957 56 Registered Office: Anfield Road, Liverpool, L4 0TH. Trading Office: Anfield Road, Liverpool, L4 0TH

o.gif

Well in Ralph, and well in Bilky and the club too.

I got this off my MP yesterday....

Dear Mr Womble, 

Thank you for contacting me about last Saturday’s UEFA Champions League Final, and for sharing your harrowing experience. I hope you are okay.

The scenes outside the Stade de France were shocking and the relevant autorities must be held to account. We need an apology from UEFA and French authorities for the chillingly familiar knee-jerk lies blaming Liverpool FC supporters.

I support the powerful calls by friend Ian Byrne MP, who witnessed events, for a full investigation, and I welcome that UEFA has now promised that an independent report will be conducted. Yesterday, we raised this issue in Parliament, where I relayed some of the experiences that constiuents have shared with me.

In response, the Minister promised “I will be making it clear [to French counterparts] that we expect to get the full and complete story of what happened so that it does not happen again.” My colleagues and I will continue to press this.

Dr Phil Scraton is compiling evidence and a timeline about last Saturday’s events to inform any inquiry. If you haven’t already, please email your experience to p.scraton@qub.ac.uk

Liverpool FC is working with a number of expert mental health organisations to offer urgent support to fans affected by events at the Champions League Final. I am also concerned that the events have caused great distress for many who were affected by the Hillsborough disaster. The Hillsborough Survivors Support Alliance are available to help if you or anyone you know needs to talk.

Thank you once again for contacting me and sharing your experience. I assure you I will do all I can to ensure that we have full transparency about what happened, and that the authorities responsible are held to account.

With best wishes,

Dan Carden MP

Member of Parliament, Liverpool Walton

Dan.Carden.mp@Parliament.uk

0151 284 1160

• Upvote 9

19 hours ago, ralph said:

VIEW THIS EMAIL ONLINE

LFC Crest

Dear Ralph

Billy Hogan

o.gif

I got one yesterday.

Apparently 9k have filled them in, so c.46% of our entire allocation.

Paris police boss Didier Lallement has acknowledged a “failure” of his force’s behaviour around the Champions League final between Liverpool and Real Madrid and has apologised for the use of tear gas on supporters.

“It is obviously a failure. It was a failure because people were pushed around and attacked. It was a failure because the image of the country was undermined,” he said in a French Senate session on Thursday.

Sky report Lallement apologising for authorising the use of tear gas but adding he “felt he had no other option under the circumstances”.

Previously, the chief claimed up to 40,000 fans tried to gain access to the Stade de France for the final using fake tickets or no tickets at all, which has been widely disputed by media and supporters who were in attendance, and he offered no evidence to support his claim here, instead suggesting his estimates came from insights from those on the ground.

“The figure has no scientific virtue but it came from feedback from police and public transport officials,” he added. “Maybe I was wrong, but it was constructed from all the information harvested.

What fuckin circumstances ?

You're the "pity" ,you lying twat 

Apologises then lies...

Stadium was not fucking full.

I know because i was in it .... there were lots of empty seats at kick off and throughout game.

"The stadium was full"

No it fucking wasn't you piece of shit....i know because i was inside it surrounded by empty seats and not surrounded by my mates who were locked out and caught up in the fucking clusterfuck you and your force caused.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61744246

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barnesey said:

Why hasn't the other 54%? I returned the survey despite not having anything I thought would shed any more light into the events.

I haven't because I nearly died at Hillsborough and am so fucked up by what happened to me outside the ground in Paris that I don't want to go through every detail in a written account. That ok with you?

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, TheRedMachine said:

I haven't because I nearly died at Hillsborough and am so fucked up by what happened to me outside the ground in Paris that I don't want to go through every detail in a written account. That ok with you?

I get that mate. I took me a week to get my head in place to do it. In fact it was the deadline LFC imposed made me do it, without that I still wouldn't have done it. 

That apology is fucking bollocks

Minimising their initial lies whilst subtly maintaining the myth of tens of thousands of fake tickets being used.

“I might have been wrong on the figure of 30,000 to 40,000 [fans with fake tickets] I gave to the [interior] minister,” said Lallement. “From an operational standpoint, it doesn’t change anything if it was around 40,000 or 30,000 or 20,000.”

What a fucking cunt