You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

23 hours ago, Arnaud said:

L’Equipe has a long article today aboout what happened : total fiasco of the organization, lies of the French government, incompetence and irresponsibility of the French police.

Fans are the easy scapegoats once again.

You yourself have mentioned the French fans themselves have had problems with the Police due to their militarisation. It's far from a one off this event,it's just the fact of the scale of the match.

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Jason McAteer's Mrs and lad got attacked apparently. Alan Kennedy had to climb over a fence to get away too.

Screenshot_20220530-232100_Chrome.jpg

We met and had a chat with Alan Kennedy before walking up to the ground. Happy to chat and have photos taken with the fans. Tremendous guy. 

Like him, after getting pepper sprayed on the way out for no reason we also had to scale a fence to get off the concourse and onto the motorway, along with 3 kids and my 75 year old uncle. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, paddyberger said:

We met and had a chat with Alan Kennedy before walking up to the ground. Happy to chat and have photos taken with the fans. Tremendous guy. 

Like him, after getting pepper sprayed on the way out for no reason we also had to scale a fence to get off the concourse and onto the motorway, along with 3 kids and my 75 year old uncle. 

Grim that mate, hope everyone is okay now. Fucking grim all around.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I guess once the sponsors get involved they have to investigate properly.  Quite a sad indictment on UEFA and how they see their 'customers' though.

tps://www.lbc.co.uk/news/french-police-liverpool-fans-resignation/

French police back Liverpool fans and call for minister to go after Champions League chaos

31 May 2022, 07:59 | Updated: 31 May 2022, 09:25

Liverpool fans were subjected to pepper spraying by police Liverpool fans were subjected to pepper spraying by police. Picture: Alamy

By Will Taylor

Police in France have rounded on the country's interior minister after he tried to blame the horrendous scenes at Saturday's Champions League final on Liverpool fans.

Listen to this article

Loading audio...

There have been calls for Gerald Darmanin to resign after children and disabled fans were pepper sprayed and had CS gas fired at them.

LBC has been told by chairman of the Liverpool Disabled Supporters Association how fans feared for their safety as they tried to flee intimidating crowds outside Paris's Stade de France – but instead of finding protection with French police, they were greeted with riot control.

Peter Allen, LBC's correspondent in Paris, told Nick Ferrari at Breakfast the mood with some interior ministry officials in the country was that comments slating Liverpool supporters on Saturday had brought "shame on France" and that inquiries into what happened should be preceded by resignations at the top.

They are also said to be "deeply embarrassed" about the way senior ministers have spoken about Liverpool fans.

Read more: UEFA orders review after France blames Champions League chaos on 'fans with fake tickets'

"A lot of police chiefs" appear to be turning on Mr Darmanin, calling for him to resign.

Mr Darmanin had claimed there was "industrial scale" ticket fraud which led to delays at the stadium and that some British fans had "intruded" into the stadium.

But one senior official from the Gendarmerie, one of France's police forces, said attempts to justify what happened on Saturday "mark the bankruptcy of a ministry which does not know how to mark a sporting event" in quotes given to French media.

A confirms ‘comprehensive review’ into Champions League final chaos in Paris

Chaos erupted around the stadium as fans spent hours waiting to get into the stadium, forcing kick-off in the clash between Liverpool and eventual champions Real Madrid to be delayed.

The game, meant to be one of the most prestigious ties in the footballing calendar, descended into shambles.

"Local youths" were attempting to rush the stadium, according to Ted Morris, chairman of the Liverpool Disabled Supporters Association.

Children, wheelchair users and blind fans got caught up as French police deployed crowd control measures like pepper spray and tear gas, leaving peaceful Liverpool fans questioning why they had been targeted.

Mr Morris also said intimidating crowds left Liverpool fans fearing for their safety and he soon forgot about the football, concentrating on getting to the Paris metro in one piece.

His group was set about by about 200 youths, who he said tried to rob and bottle supporters, before they found police at an overground station.

But instead of helping, they were pepper sprayed as they sought safety with officers, in scenes he described as the "most terrifying experience" he has had supporting Liverpool in Europe.

A total of 174 people were injured and 68 were arrested as police officers with batons and riot shields were deployed at the stadium.

The policing of the match has been slammed by football fans, politicians and authorities in the UK.

A statement from the European governing body UEFA read: "UEFA has today announced it has commissioned an independent report into the events surrounding the UEFA Champions League final in Paris on Saturday, May 28.

"The comprehensive review will examine decision-making, responsibility and behaviours of all entities involved in the final."

5 minutes ago, dave u said:

I reckon UEFA will throw the french under the bus.

If their sponsors hadn't been upset, they'd have attempted to blame the fans.

That's the really sad/annoying thing.  Can't upset the money men, doesn't matter if we fuck the customers over though.

What a pity the Super League was handled so badly.  For me, it's time for an English league with self sufficient teams only & a similar set up in a European tournament.   Rely on income from a sugar daddy, or nation then go fuck yourself.  

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

What a pity the Super League was handled so badly.  For me, it's time for an English league with self sufficient teams only & a similar set up in a European tournament.   Rely on income from a sugar daddy, or nation then go fuck yourself.  

A very good point. When some on here we’re calling it the Disney League and blaming various owners, those of us in Athens and their other poorly organised UEFA events knew another cock up wouldn’t be far away.

The French police are getting their volley in before the politicians turn on them. The official response has been disgraceful, but Barry, the City fan from Manchester will still blame us.

I've watched opposition fans on Twitter telling UK journalists that they are biased and they'll wait to see what the foreign media say. Now the foreign media are backing up what the UK journos have said, they're still trying to find ways to have a go at Liverpool fans.

26 minutes ago, dave u said:

Also, the French police have got a fucking nerve blaming anyone and calling for resignations. 

That minister might be a cunt, but I didn't see him spraying innocent people in the eyes with pepper spray.

True but if this cunt of a minister made the call from his comfy seat in the control room to the riot police to "sort it out".....the riot police will have most likely gone with the mindset of "there is some trouble otherwise they wouldn't have called us" and did what they are trained to do. They are not trained to reason.

The police were total cunts and hope their heads roll after the independent report comes out but I would blame the ministers more. They made the calls and they made it worse by lying afterwards.

28 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A very good point. When some on here we’re calling it the Disney League and blaming various owners, those of us in Athens and their other poorly organised UEFA events knew another cock up wouldn’t be far away.

What makes you think a Super League will give a toss about match going fans, any more than UEFA does?

Also, we'll still have to play games in these countries where the police treat people like shit.

A Super League is never in a million years the best way to take Football forward.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

True but if this cunt of a minister made the call from his comfy seat in the control room to the riot police to "sort it out".....the riot police will have most likely gone with the mindset of "there is some trouble otherwise they wouldn't have called us" and did what they are trained to do. They are not trained to reason.

The police were total cunts and hope their heads roll after the independent report comes out but I would blame the ministers more. They made the calls and they made it worse by lying afterwards.

The riot police were totally unreasonable, after gassing us at Gate B and finally letting us un at 22:15, I entered, no ticket scanned and asked why did you gas innocent people, including children and women.

I was threatened with a raised baton, total cunts, don't let their in fighting act as a deflection from real issue.

How a human being can behave the way did o  innocent people is beyond me. 

Only following orders, fuck off that's what the SS said after dropping Zyclon B in the concentration camps.

Pity the French were unable to demonstrate such great resistance 70 odd years ago, cowardly scum, the lot of them.

Right or wrong, I will never set foot on  their soil again, buy their products, and after 6 European Finals,  my travelling abroad days are over.

• Upvote 2