You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

37 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You mean the stadium or St Denis? Theirry Henry was pretty clear about St Denis!  

I mean the stadium, but there are areas in the county not the city that are pretty scary. St Denis you gotta be careful but it’s not that dangerous. I guess the lads were from other places, tough neighborhood 

3 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

I mean the stadium, but there are areas in the county not the city that are pretty scary. St Denis you gotta be careful but it’s not that dangerous. I guess the lads were from other places, tough neighborhood 

So it doesn't have the highest crime rate in the country and is a police no go zone? I read that a few times before we went. 

So why do you think they chose to attack this game if they never have before? And how were they mobilised and in such numbers if this wasn't gang organise violence? 

That’s the right question ! That was  gang organize violence but that was the first time at SDF.

They took advantage of the bad organization. They just came to pick pocket but they saw there was more to get.

They caused havoc , it’s so obvious they did, so why do the  police and the government  keep saying another narrative is beyond common sense. 

29 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Heard from another friend he was pick pocketed in Paris - €50.

Read a friend of a friend had his ticket pick pocketed. 

Pickpocketing is rife in loads of places, though. Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Oxford Street in London. Anywhere there are crowds of people and lots of tourists.

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Pickpocketing is rife in loads of places, though. Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Oxford Street in London. Anywhere there are crowds of people and lots of people.

Very true. 

I’ve been all those places watching the reds and never heard anywhere close the amount of stories I’ve heard from Paris.

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I see the point you are making. I just don't believe that's how the French police football matches and they were never, ever going to police it like that. They police every single game as if there is a riot about to break out, not just CL finals. And if the riot doesn't break out, they try to start one. The only reason this is making so many headlines is 1) it's such a high profile game 2) we didn't bow to their antics, so there's actually no evidence of any wrong doing by football fans. 

The one thing I do agree with from you previous post, is we'd had a great trip up to the moment we stepped of the RER in St Denis. But that's all fucking pointless if you're taking your life into your hands to attend a football match. 

I saw an English reporter who is based in France on Sky Sports News the other day and he was saying how away fans are now banned from games that have big flash points such as PSG vs Marseilles and Lyon vs Saint Etienne, so they don’t have much experience of policing big games with two sets of fans from different clubs.

Police in this country are used to policing games with rival fans who hate each other and the smallest thing can cause a kickoff, and know how to deal with these games. 

It was crazy the way they approached this game which had minimal potential for crowd disorder. We’ve played Real Madrid several times without a hint of bother, so why they policed the game using their riot squads was a complete mystery.

14 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, it would seem that it happened on an industrial scale in Paris, last weekend.

Almost as if they planned it for a major event.  It’d be awful if it happened at the Olympics or some other events so hope they get it sorted.

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

That’s the right question ! That was  gang organize violence but that was the first time at SDF.

They took advantage of the bad organization. They just came to pick pocket but they saw there was more to get.

They caused havoc , it’s so obvious they did, so why do the  police and the government  keep saying another narrative is beyond common sense. 

The numbers involved though make it almost impossible to believe they've never done it before. There were hundreds of them, probably more. They almost seemed to be working in conjunction with the police. 

27 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Pickpocketing is rife in loads of places, though. Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Oxford Street in London. Anywhere there are crowds of people and lots of tourists.

I don't know about central Paris, but what happened near the stadium was nothing like I have ever experienced anywhere in my life. They were pickpocketing people as they were being searched by the police and stewards. They were everywhere. 

10 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I saw an English reporter who is based in France on Sky Sports News the other day and he was saying how away fans are now banned from games that have big flash points such as PSG vs Marseilles and Lyon vs Saint Etienne, so they don’t have much experience of policing big games with two sets of fans from different clubs.

Police in this country are used to policing games with rival fans who hate each other and the smallest thing can cause a kickoff, and know how to deal with these games. 

It was crazy the way they approached this game which had minimal potential for crowd disorder. We’ve played Real Madrid several times without a hint of bother, so why they policed the game using their riot squads was a complete mystery.

Yeah, I think I saw that too. Which goes back to my point earlier in the thread of this not being a suitable location. The French authorities response to their police being unable to control crowds is either ban crowds or in our case tear gas them. 

To you point about the fans mixing, we were drinking around St Michel in the day. It was mixed - slightly more of us, but deffo mixed. Singing from both sides and really good humoured. There was a point where the police came through in a van, but saw fans from both side with arms around each other and quickly just moved on. That's how it should be. But I think they may have been regional police, not the fucking bellends we got at the stadium. 

15 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

They apologised. Didn’t see that coming.

That 'apology' is nowhere near enough.

They must retract the disgraceful statements they made and apologise for them.

The fans bear no guilt whatsoever and they must publicly acknowledge that.

• Upvote 3

UEFA altered excuse for Champions League final chaos after wrongly blaming Liverpool fans - Mirror Online

UEFA changed the “blame game” for the Champions League final chaos after being inundated with complaints from corporate fans.

European football’s governing body initially blamed the “late arrival” of Liverpool fans with announcements on the big screens on the Stade de France before kick-off. Supporters already in the stadium booed the messages but UEFA stuck to their guns as they also blamed fake tickets for the trouble caused before kick-off in Paris on Saturday night.

But Mirror Sport understands that UEFA was deluged with complaints from corporate sponsors who were entertaining thousands of clients at great expense. Sponsors like PlayStation, Just Eat and Expedia all had hundreds of guests who had been enjoying pre-match hospitality in the Champions Village entertainment area.

That was within a short distance of the stadium turnstiles, but many were caught up in the chaos and were crushed trying to get into the ground. Many found their electronic tickets on their phones did not work and were encouraged to duck under the turnstiles to get into the game.

They had been bussed to within a 10-minute walk of the stadium hours before the game, had undergone two rounds of security checks before gaining entry into the Champions Village where food and drink was laid on. By the time many went to go to the stadium the turnstiles were locked, and security struggled to open them again while they complained of feeling the effects of pepper spray and tear gas in the air.

Liverpool fans in normal seats told horror stories of getting into the ground of crushes, inadequate security checks and yet the authorities did not seem to initially believe their word. However, it quickly became clear that big-paying sponsors - who pay millions in corporate deals - were just as unhappy and UEFA’s stance changed to pledging a full investigation.

It did represent a remarkably quick U-turn by UEFA to go from blaming fans to an acceptance that something had gone wrong and, while it would be difficult to prove, the pressure from corporate fans who pay millions and are not seen as troublemakers may have been significant.

UEFA say they will not comment further while their inquiry is ongoing. French Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin has doubled down on blaming Liverpool fans this week. UEFA did send out warnings and notices last week about the dangers of counterfeit tickets, but experts believe just over 2,000 fakes were in circulation rather than the 40,000 suggested by French officials.