You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

Olympics and rugby WC are the reasons they lied I believe. They could not say there were bad at organization.

I don’t know if it’s reported in the UK yet, but on French radio ( France Inter )they just said the machine they used to read the codes were bit working correctly and good tickets were nipped as fake ones. It’s total disaster…,

26 minutes ago, Baresi said:

Our fans actually policed themselves. At gate Y a few jumped up on the fence and were quickly shouted down. Some also started to shake the fence, and again, we’re quickly told to stop - which they did immediately. Those French police were out for aggro and tried to instigate it unnecessarily on multiple occasions.  Our fans, under the most intense provocation, were an absolute credit and simply refused to react. 

That was my experience too. They were soundly booed and there were lots of shouts of we should know better than this. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not a match going fan, so these types of problems have never affected me, and I wasn't there in Paris, but this really is a disgrace an it's upsetting as someone who knows how many problems they have in France with how they handle fan issues. 

The French authorities better start looking in the mirror. They are pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Were there any forged tickets for the Real Madrid fans?  Funny if it was only LFC fans affected. 

So 40,000 plus fakes, thar must be a massive pile that they confiscated, when are the lying scum going to display all these fakes to the world? 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Does anybody know why Liverpool supporters should now know why some french wanted to vote Le Pen in?! 

Apparently ( as far as I can make out) it’s to do with Liverpool fans being mugged by non French nationals or youths in the area well known for migrants, and Le Pen is attempting to capitalise on it for personal political gain with her right wing rhetoric. 
Also Macron has described French police as being beyond criticism and Le Pen ( a police critic) provides an alternative to that. French protesters/ people are well, well aware of Paris police brutality. That’s my limited take on it.

• Upvote 1

So the French government recognises that the policing was at times heavy-handed, and that the difficulties getting fans from the train station should have been predicted after a strike.

But it insists that there would have been none of the chaos without the presence of "30-40,000" ticketless Liverpool supporters.

All of this will have to be verified.

If it is true that seven out of ten tickets checked at the first perimeter turned out to be fraudulent, then that does indeed suggest a scam of monumental proportions - enough to render useless even the best-laid policing plans.

But plenty of people - French as well as British - who were there on Saturday night question the government's version. They wonder if blaming Liverpool isn't a convenient way of shucking off responsibility closer to home.

And if there were 30-40,000 ticketless people milling around the stadium as the match got under way, how come that is not what journalists remember seeing? That number of disappointed and aimless fans don't just disappear.

The above is from the BBC site, highlights I have selected from two separate articles....doing a good job of calling out French authorities lies.....

Articles:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61630201

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61633840

The views of a non-tribal non-Liverpool fan, echoing what everyone else is saying. 

Not sure how he got a ticket though! 

I’ve also seen a few claims that the authorities were taken by surprise by the amount of locals trying to bunk in and that this might’ve been because they wanted to see Benzema! 

51 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Olympics and rugby WC are the reasons they lied I believe. They could not say there were bad at organization.

I don’t know if it’s reported in the UK yet, but on French radio ( France Inter )they just said the machine they used to read the codes were bit working correctly and good tickets were nipped as fake ones. It’s total disaster…,

You think they're worried about the bad organisation aspect? My experience at the ground is the trouble was caused by the locals (and police obviously, but that's their reaction to the locals). Real Madrid fans seem to be recounting similar events. And there's so many stories about mugging, pickpockets and knifepoint robberies, that I assume the fact the police are incapable of keeping people safe from clearly out of control Parisians is the issue here. 

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

Were there any forged tickets for the Real Madrid fans?  Funny if it was only LFC fans affected. 

They say only 25% of Madrid tickets were paper. LFC requested 100% paper tickets which created the opportunity for forgers. I don't quite understand that myself. If there are paper tickets, people can forge them, like they have for the history of the game. 

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

The views of a non-tribal non-Liverpool fan, echoing what everyone else is saying. 

Not sure how he got a ticket though! 

I’ve also seen a few claims that the authorities were taken by surprise by the amount of locals trying to bunk in and that this might’ve been because they wanted to see Benzema! 

I guess he got the tickets because he's on the telly. Isn't he one of the Kemp brothers sons? Martin kemp I think. 

50 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

French government blaiming Klopp now.

One gets the impression now that some intern in an office has been asked to Google 'LFC' and report anything that they can twist into a negative. 'Klopp said come and enjoy yourselves? We can use that!' It's embarassing for any country's government to act in such an openly desperate way.

There's a mass of people queuing up to contradict the claim that there was no trouble at the Madrid end of the ground. This city has been slandered in the past and it won't damn well happen again without swift retribution. The city as well as the club authorities should act as strongly as possible.

• Upvote 1