You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

Just now, Brownie said:

PSG can get to fuck. Met a few of their fans over there; complete fucking gobshites.

I couldn't give a shit about them, the banner speaks volumes though 

I'm still keen to find out why people might understand why some in France voted for Le Pen because of Saturday? 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-asks-fans-share-champions-league-final-experiences

I implore every single one you that attended the final to complete this. 

I got home today and still finding it hard to process how badly organised this event and what the fans were put through. We only got in after the game started as an official ushered through riot police as we had kids with us. We were just about to leave and cut our losses, all of us were shell shocked for most of it and had to scale a fence after getting tear gassed on the way out. 

6 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-asks-fans-share-champions-league-final-experiences

I implore every single one you that attended the final to complete this. 

I got home today and still finding it hard to process how badly organised this event and what the fans were put through. We only got in after the game started as an official ushered through riot police as we had kids with us. We were just about to leave and cut our losses, all of us were shell shocked for most of it and had to scale a fence after getting tear gassed on the way out. 

There’s this too: 

40 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

A thread on why the fake/no tickets claims don’t really add up. 

Absolute bollocks. 

The were more French street rats trying to bunk in than LFC supporters and people we spoke to in the city said PSG supporters had fakes going round for months as they all thought they’d be there.

Every time they opened the gates, if there was one fake or bunk in, they closed every single one of them again. 

Money talks. This might start the divide and conquer between UEFA and the French. It's what we need. 

And this account from the Spanish side is also damning. Although this is as much about the local fucking rats that helped trigger all of this. 

https://www.elmundo.es/deportes/futbol/champions-league/2022/05/30/6294a8bdfc6c83801e8b45b2.html?cid=BESOCYEM01&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social_besocy&utm_campaign=BESOCYEM01

IMG_20220530_173319_100.jpg

• Upvote 1

There's only one reason for the indiscriminate gassing of innocent fans. The police were trying to provoke a response that would then see footage of fans charging them plastered all over the news as we would be blamed for it all. The police would say they were defending themselves against rioting fans. Thats why they did it, no other reason.

The problem they have is our fans didn't react to it and now the world can see what really went on.

The behaviour of our fans over there makes me proud. Exemplary restraint shown in the face of the worst possible provocation. 

• Upvote 15

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

The behaviour of our fans over there makes me proud. Exemplary restraint shown in the face of the worst possible provocation. 

I’m just relieved it wasn’t worse. I’m not even angry yet, just thankful nobody was seriously hurt. My experience wasn’t good but others had it a lot worse. 

Whilst I'm probably being very naïve. I do have a slither of hope that the government will be more proactive with this as it would be seen as giving one the French which might help score points with the Brexit brigade, even if it is Liverpool involved.

Obviously wouldn't do it out of any sense of duty of course.

Darmanin is a little ambitious prick, he sees himself as the new Sarkozy. Can’t stand him. He will back the police.

But it’s out of control now, it’s on every channels , every shows.

They have no clue what they are going to desl with, they don’t have a clue about our club and its people, Hillsborough. 

That’s the start of a huge political crisis down here.

28 minutes ago, dave u said:

There's only one reason for the indiscriminate gassing of innocent fans. The police were trying to provoke a response that would then see footage of fans charging them plastered all over the news as we would be blamed for it all. The police would say they were defending themselves against rioting fans. Thats why they did it, no other reason.

The problem they have is our fans didn't react to it and now the world can see what really went on.

I’m not even sure Dave. There have been many problems with supporters for a couple of years. The police see football fans as animals. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Imagine being at Wembley, you walk down Wembley Way, you get to the ramp for your side to go left or right and then be greeted with this…

8C632C60-5675-4BAF-A610-B61517D7C7B4.png

That was unreal, we were there for about an hour, at which point they abandoned the checks for a laughable pat down. 

7A9B5B2B-2CEE-435E-BBE1-3F83390CB112.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Kaveh solhekol is doing a great job covering this

He is. I previously found the way he spoke exhausting to watch, and was intrigued by the fact that his name is onomatopoeic of a bottle of Peroni being opened, but he's been surprisingly effective reporting this. Good on him.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Our fans actually policed themselves. At gate Y a few jumped up on the fence and were quickly shouted down. Some also started to shake the fence, and again, we’re quickly told to stop - which they did immediately. Those French police were out for aggro and tried to instigate it unnecessarily on multiple occasions.  Our fans, under the most intense provocation, were an absolute credit and simply refused to react. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Indeed he is. He's wasted as a transfer gimp.

The big thing here is all of these reporters lived it. It's not like what happened at Hillsborough where the only people outside leppings lane were police and fans. Which allowed for only 2 versions of events, one of which didn't have a voice and it took 30 years to be heard. The other had the press and government on their side, because they were only too happy to believe the narrative or continue it because of their hatred of the city. 

This is a different world now. Not only do we have a voice via social media and an opportunity to record events as they happen on our phones (providing they haven't been stolen by French street rats), but there are reporters everywhere who are trying to report on the carnival, so when the carnival doesn't arrive, they're on hand to witness what happened and in most cases end up on the recieving end. As uefa tried to paint a fan issue narrative, it was literally debunked by the press within seconds. We were in the queue getting in and were able to follow online what was being said as the late fans, then security issues were just debunked.

So the French authorities have been backed into a corner and had a choice between lying or holding their hands up on incompetence or worse. They've chosen the path of lying and when you lie, lie big as they say. So that's what they've done. Not considering for a moment how preposterous they sound, 40k people with fake tickets..wow. How do you even measure that? Which is why they've done it. You can't, so they think it's impossible to prove them wrong. Except they've lied too big. The video evidence is all to see, where are these 40k people? If they blamed that on a couple of thousand ticketless/fake ticket fans and a similar number of local rats, they might just have got away with it. But they've blown their cover by their stupidity, which will hopefully be their downfall. I am hoping that while they may do an inquiry to ensure this can't happen again, someone will quickly hold their hands up and break ranks and concede the blame here. It may have already happened, perhaps @Arnaud can confirm, but they said on BBC NWT that the French police union have already said this is nothing to do with the fans, but didn't elaborate. 

I didn't know they had the rugby world cup and Olympics coming, so it's likely they are trying to protect sales and of course tourist income.from those events. The street rats were a big part of this imo, they don't want that version being what people know welcomes them when they come to Paris. 

• Upvote 3