You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

Robertson is having none of it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61621930

Nor are any independent sources, journalists and MP’s:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61619831

BBC journalist Nick Parrott, who was outside the ground in a personal capacity, told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I have just been pepper sprayed for the first time in my life. I have been to the Champions League final before and I have never been pepper sprayed before.

"I was outside Gate Y which has been opening and closing repeatedly over the last hour and a half but nobody has been going through. The security staff on the other side advanced and sprayed pepper spray."

The opening ceremony started at just after 20:20 BST before the game finally got under way 16 minutes later.

Some 10 minutes after kick-off, Football Supporters Europe said "thousands are still trapped outside the stadium, remaining calm in the face of a completely unreasonable situation". 

The body added: "Fans at the Champions League final bear no responsibility for tonight's fiasco."

BBC Sport's John Watson, at the ground, said he had "passed hundreds of Liverpool fans queuing at entry gates an hour before kick-off and not being permitted entry".

"I'm at a loss to understand the reasoning for the delay being the late arrival of fans," he added.

Liverpool West Derby MP Ian Byrne tweeted to say he had "endured one of the worst experiences in my life", blaming Uefa for "horrendous security and organisation putting lives at risk".

"I pray no fans have been injured because of the disgraceful lack of organisation and expertise," he added.

Dominic King, from the Daily Mail, told BBC Radio 5 Live he had been speaking to supporters queueing to get into the stadium. 

"It came from nowhere," he said. "There has been no violence or antagonism. They are just dismayed by how the authorities have treated them."

"We got told about 45 minutes before, that our end was filled while there were thousands outside," Liverpool fan Tyler, who spent £1,000 on his ticket, told BBC Radio 5 Live.

7 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Fine, agree, the narrative shouldn’t be good fans caused this, but we’ve seen fuck loads of people on twitter and on forums bragging about blag tickets and efforts to bunk in.

I’m not there so I can’t say anything about what happened on the ground but we too often turn a blind eye to scumbags doing quite blatantly the wrong thing.

no excuse for two wrong treatment of our good fans, but we need to start calling out our own.

whether it’s knobheads throwing flares into rival supporters ends, knobheads robbing service stations on the way to the cup final and bragging about it on twitter or knobheads flogging and intentionally buying fake tickets for this match.

our good fans - those in the vast, vast majority get tarred by these twats, and we excuse them too much.

I’ll probably get slated for saying this but it’s true.

That's fair enough I'd say. We do have an element who are absolutely detestable. Agree with what you say. Don't turn up with a fake ticket. In fact if you haven't got a ticket you've no business being near the ground. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Decent piece from Sky Sports here spelling out the fuck up in organisation 

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1530661454889746434?s=21&t=-8BbsrpwdoUXnnqweRhRMw

EDIT - sorry, I’ve no idea how you insert a video

On the link, there are four icons, beginning with the quotation symbol. Pick the last one and it comes up with “copy link to this tweet”. That’s the one that embeds it.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Decent piece from Sky Sports here spelling out the fuck up in organisation 

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1530661454889746434?s=21&t=-8BbsrpwdoUXnnqweRhRMw

EDIT - sorry, I’ve no idea how you insert a video

Can’t speak to dickheads on twitter or rival fans, but all the media I’ve seen so far has laid the blame at Parisian police and their heavy-handed incompetence.

19 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

On the link, there are four icons, beginning with the quotation symbol. Pick the last one and it comes up with “copy link to this tweet”. That’s the one that embeds it.

Nope. No idea. I tried but I couldn’t even find the right quotation marks. Thanks for trying though. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Nope. No idea. I tried but I couldn’t even find the right quotation marks. Thanks for trying though. 

So you have the tweet.

You can see the date and time underneath that.

Below that it says, “retweets”, “quotes” and “likes”.

Then below that, you have four icons. It starts with the quotation symbol and the fourth one, with a tray and upward arrow. You press that and it will give you “copy link to this tweet”.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Fine, agree, the narrative shouldn’t be good fans caused this, but we’ve seen fuck loads of people on twitter and on forums bragging about blag tickets and efforts to bunk in.

I’m not there so I can’t say anything about what happened on the ground but we too often turn a blind eye to scumbags doing quite blatantly the wrong thing.

no excuse for two wrong treatment of our good fans, but we need to start calling out our own.

whether it’s knobheads throwing flares into rival supporters ends, knobheads robbing service stations on the way to the cup final and bragging about it on twitter or knobheads flogging and intentionally buying fake tickets for this match.

our good fans - those in the vast, vast majority get tarred by these twats, and we excuse them too much.

I’ll probably get slated for saying this but it’s true.

All I can say is I was this with a proper ticket at 7pm (French time) and got to a seat (not my swat) at about 9:30. Most people were really patient. Gate Z was broken. Nobody told us a thing - no stewards or police outside - so we go to gate Y. Then they close gate Y. This is now half 8 and people are getting itchy. Then they start gassing people who happen to be at the head of the queue. A rumour goes round that gate A is open so we go round there and eventually get in. The pictures of people climbing over stuff I’ve seen seem to be external walls where a crush was developing. The fence at the ground itself was impossible to get over.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

So you have the tweet.

Then below that, you have four icons. It starts with the quotation symbol and the fourth one, with a tray and upward arrow. You press that and it will give you “copy link to this tweet”.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1530661454889746434?s=21&t=KARTBZB7OmmcnQeGJKS7dQ

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

So you have the tweet.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Can’t speak to dickheads on twitter or rival fans, but all the media I’ve seen so far has laid the blame at Parisian police and their heavy-handed incompetence.

You only have to have a little look on that Sky thread to see the orcs are out in force. Sheepshaggers galore

45 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

The only thing he has wrong on that piece,  is that they sprayed before the locals climbed the fence. 

• Upvote 1

We got to the ground at 7 o’clock and got tear gassed twice at gate A. There was loads of French trying to bunk in and we ended up scrapping with our own fans trying to bunk in as well. It was an absolute shit show, but we can’t absolve ourselves from blame. We’ve got some absolute cunts who follow us 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

That’s a brilliant and accurate piece

It is. 

And prophetic too, in that he predicted that there’d be issues when fans left the stadium. Which, by lots of accounts, there was. 

It did look a bit moody in that clip too. A fair few sinister looking youths and blokes hanging around outside the stadium who appeared to have little reason to be there. 

Thierry Henry’s comments in the weeks leading up to the match now seem accurate:

“Technically you have to be careful, the stadium is in Saint-Denis, not in Paris. It’s not Paris. It’s very close but believe me, you don’t want to be in Saint-Denis. It’s not the same as Paris. Believe me”.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It is. 

And prophetic too, in that he predicted that there’d be issues when fans left the stadium. Which, by lots of accounts, there was. 

It did look a bit moody in that clip too. A fair few sinister looking youths and blokes hanging around outside the stadium who appeared to have little reason to be there. 

Thierry Henry’s comments in the weeks leading up to the match now seem accurate:

“Technically you have to be careful, the stadium is in Saint-Denis, not in Paris. It’s not Paris. It’s very close but believe me, you don’t want to be in Saint-Denis. It’s not the same as Paris. Believe me”.

I went right on the final whistle and had no issues - a few of the lads said they got gassed on the way out