You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The best Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul villain?

Elite

Best Villain?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Best Villain

• Tuco Salamanca
    • Hector Salamanca
    • Lalo Salamanca
    • Salamanca Twins
    • Don Eladio
    • Gus Frings
    • Todd Alquist
    • 'Uncle Jack' Welker
    • Other

Honestly, there's just a load of them that are all in with a shout. It's probably Gus Fring, he was next level, but I went with Lalo. He's a proper psycho. I'm more scared of him than the likes of Gus, because Gus is a rational businessman who is cut throat when you need him to be, but Lalo will kill you as soon as look at you. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Honestly, there's just a load of them that are all in with a shout. It's probably Gus Fring, he was next level, but I went with Lalo. He's a proper psycho. I'm more scared of him than the likes of Gus, because Gus is a rational businessman who is cut throat when you need him to be, but Lalo will kill you as soon as look at you. 

I was going to vote for Gus as he's brilliant but I think the fact that we are exposed to him constantly has caused me to get a bit of Stockholm syndrome with him.

Lalo is great but almost a bit cartoony at times for me, reminds me of Jim Carrey.

Great fictional crime family the Salamancas though.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

Lalo is great but almost a bit cartoony at times for me, reminds me of Jim Carrey.

Interesting take, mate. I actually don't see him that way, I see him as pretty much a perfect, understated psychopath/sociopath. He manipulates and kills when needed without any sort of remorse, but is clever as fuck. 

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Interesting take, mate. I actually don't see him that way, I see him as pretty much a perfect, understated psychopath/sociopath. He manipulates and kills when needed without any sort of remorse, but is clever as fuck. 

Same. Great character 

The answer for me is Gus--because he's been ever-present, but also because he's been given more depth, a compelling back-story etc. 

But I think Lalo and Gus are two peas in a pod--both willing to do whatever is necessary, without any moral consideration, to get the job done. Whatever that job might be.

It's just that Gus has a public image and a large organization to protect (ignoring the question of where the Salamanca organization we saw earlier in BCS went) so he has to go about his business much more carefully, and subtly.

Recall Gus with the box-cutter, vs Lalo in the last episode. 

2 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Gus Frings was the one for me.

Totally unsettling and stone-faced, until he had half of it blown off.

I love the way his face immediately changes once he's out of public view. From jovial, nice guy to stone-faced killer.

42 minutes ago, Elite said:

I love the way his face immediately changes once he's out of public view. From jovial, nice guy to stone-faced killer.

Superb character. Hector, I found amusing, especially when he shits himself in the chair as a penultimate "Fuck You!" to Gus.