You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 3 Wolves 1 - Match Reaction

tlw content

It was so close at one point we could almost touch it but the quadruple is finally out of reach despite the lads taking care of business with a hard fought win against a determined Wolves side.

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by John Gallagher and Paul Natton to look back on an emotionally shattering afternoon at Anfield and to reflect on another incredible 90+ point season from Kloppo's boys. And of course we look ahead to next weekend's date with Real Madrid in Paris.

Up the Treble chasing Reds!

View full article

• Upvote 5

• dave u pinned this topic

Great show.

Makes me sound a bit cowardly, but I'm so glad that we didn't miss out on the title by drawing with Wolves and City getting beat by Villa.

When was the last time Mo went on to his right foot for a shot? 

Keita offered zero protection for Trent onnth right hand side. 

The post-match pitch antics have me worried for next week, but I can't explain why. Superstition? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Great show.

Makes me sound a bit cowardly, but I'm so glad that we didn't miss out on the title by drawing with Wolves and City getting beat by Villa.

When was the last time Mo went on to his right foot for a shot? 

Keita offered zero protection for Trent onnth right hand side. 

The post-match pitch antics have me worried for next week, but I can't explain why. Superstition? 

Said that to the lad next to me yesterday when we got wind they'd got back into it and we were labouring at 1-1. Would have been dreadful.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The rumours/celebration of Villa’s scoring a third goal was started by the Wolves fans. They did exactly the same three years ago. 

I thought it was from the exec boxes where they probably had the City game on in the background.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The rumours/celebration of Villa’s scoring a third goal was started by the Wolves fans. They did exactly the same three years ago. 

They were cheering City's goals so it wasn't them. It was the other corner of the Anny. I heard the cheer and saw them jumping around and then it spread.

16 minutes ago, dave u said:

They were cheering City's goals so it wasn't them. It was the other corner of the Anny. I heard the cheer and saw them jumping around and then it spread.

Agreed. Im at that end of the ground in the SKD Upper. The cheering deffo started below me in the corner, just about as far away from the wolves fans as you can get in that part of the ground.

We were going 'what's going on?' because loads around me were on their phones saying it was still 3-2.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, dave u said:

I saw both Thiago and Klopp telling the players it was 3 all. Thiago had 3 fingers up on each hand and Klopp was giving it the chest pump.

• Upvote 1

I was saving this to listen to on the plane back to the US tomorrow, but I thought "how depressing is that? Listening to the podcast about how we didn't win the league on the way back from the trip I took thinking I might see us win the league." 

Gonna have to do this in stages! Good stuff from the boys in shitty circumstances. John G's regular use of "if memory serves me correctly..." would definitely be flagged by one of those online tools that help you write more succinctly.

It's John G! Of course his memory serves him correctly! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Good poster was Juan. Anyway I’ve never listened to the pods before but it was really good so I’ve subscribed on my platform.

Great stuff. You should go back and listen to a few of the old ones any time you have time to kill. United away was great, the City semi final one was too. The one called Red or Dead is worth a listen too, I think that was the one when I revealed how emotional I got listening to Adele songs when Suarez left.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, dave u said:

Paul joining me on the Conor Coady hate train was a highlight of this one. I'm driving that train but there's plenty of room so jump aboard!

He's a snidy bitter cunt him, Liverpool fan my arse. 

On the bias towards city over the season it would be strange to allow spurs to take 6 points off them by the officials?? Or is it just bais against Liverpool? Probably the latter. 

3 hours ago, Butch said:

He's a snidy bitter cunt him, Liverpool fan my arse. 

On the bias towards city over the season it would be strange to allow spurs to take 6 points off them by the officials?? Or is it just bais against Liverpool? Probably the latter. 

Harsh on Paul. 

• dave u unpinned this topic