You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (N) - Champions League Final, Sat 28th May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, J-V said:

Carvajo or whatever his name is had no person to pass to if Fab did not move across. He moves leaves a man open and it's a simple pass to then beat the whole midfield.

Then he wouldn't have passed he'd have moved into the space and advanced further forward.  Fabinho tried to close down the space Thiago had left and cut out the passing lane, unfortunately Thiago runs and slides back into that space causing Fabinho to misjudge the situation, imo.

Just now, Moo said:

Then he wouldn't have passed he'd have moved into the space and advanced further forward.  Fabinho tried to close down the space Thiago had left and cut out the passing lane, unfortunately Thiago runs and slides back into that space causing Fabinho to misjudge the situation, imo.

Leave that aside, any three players could have sprinted with Carvajal to undo the mistake.  

Just now, Moo said:

What space he had Thiago coming down his left side and Diaz infront of him regardless this is Carvajal we're talking about he would have passed the ball either to Vinicius or backwards as he did the whole game

No mention of Carvajal trying to do exactly what Ramos did to Salah to Diaz. Thankfully Diaz is made of stronger stuff and got on with it. The dark arts are mastered by them, I'm glad we don't resort to that type of shit but I wish our players were a bit harder. Growl at them and sing Chris Rea songs in the tunnel, whisper threats into their ears at corners "I'm gonna go loco on your ankles you fucking puta", shag their birds etc. 

13 minutes ago, Moo said:

I've discussed the goal and Thiago's involvement in it, if you disagree comment on that. I didn't realise discussion on here had limited scope.  If you don't like my comments on more general points feel free to scroll past.

Was it a general point? the below seems very specific to the goal. What else could it have been for?

“I can also imagine him being largely absolved of any blame, while players who've actually won the big ones for us take the flak.”

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Was it a general point? the below seems very specific to the goal. What else could it have been for?

“I can also imagine him being largely absolved of any blame, while players who've actually won the big ones for us take the flak.”

Yes it was a general point following discussion of the goal. The whole post was:

"There seems to be a tendancy to blow smoke up Thiago's arse for the slightest thing so I can also imagine him being largely absolved of any blame, while players who've actually won the big ones for us take the flak"

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Yes it was a general point following discussion of the goal. The whole post was:

"There seems to be a tendancy to blow smoke up Thiago's arse for the slightest thing so I can also imagine him being largely absolved of any blame, while players who've actually won the big ones for us take the flak"

What else could he have been absolved of other than his involvement leading up to the goal?

The goal comes directly from the right wing, where Robertson is supposed to be, but isn't because he went walkabout, and the tap in comes from the left wing, where Trent has no idea where Vinicius is, but yeah, lets have the lads who have a fixation on Thiago do the mental gymnastics to tell us why it was obviously completely his fault. 

27 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

This clip, the first two seconds after Casemiro passes it, watch Carvajal leave three of ours for dead and provide an overlap for Virgil to think he has to deal with. 

I still think that was offside. I'd love to see the little lines for that one

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No mention of Carvajal trying to do exactly what Ramos did to Salah to Diaz. Thankfully Diaz is made of stronger stuff and got on with it. The dark arts are mastered by them, I'm glad we don't resort to that type of shit but I wish our players were a bit harder. Growl at them and sing Chris Rea songs in the tunnel, whisper threats into their ears at corners "I'm gonna go loco on your ankles you fucking puta", shag their birds etc. 

He nutted Diaz in the back of the head when Diaz had headed the ball before Cavajal was even near him ref gave a foul no yellow

30 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The goal comes directly from the right wing, where Robertson is supposed to be, but isn't because he went walkabout, and the tap in comes from the left wing, where Trent has no idea where Vinicius is, but yeah, lets have the lads who have a fixation on Thiago do the mental gymnastics to tell us why it was obviously completely his fault. 

I think most people acknowledge Robertson's and Trent's fault in the goal but Thiago also lost his bearings badly there as well. Could've at least blocked the passing lane for Modric to pass down the line. But you won't obviously acknowledge that due to your fixation with Thiago.

7 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

I think most people acknowledge Robertson's and Trent's fault in the goal but Thiago also lost his bearings badly there as well. Could've at least blocked the passing lane for Modric to pass down the line. But you won't obviously acknowledge that due to your fixation with Thiago.

If you look at that goal and think Thiago is the one that has to be specially mentioned here, there's nothing to talk about with you. You've just done it because you've never liked him. 

I don't have an issue with the goal  but I do wonder if Benzema wasn't stood where he was, in an offside position, would Konate have cut it out. Certainly a better chance. He seemed to stop to let Benzema run offside. If he would have carried on his run, he would have cut the ball out.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

On first and only viewing I thought that 'cross' for their goal was a bit of a hopeful cross/shot but I may have been wrong. I did immediately notice Trent's daydreaming and poor poitioning at the time though and thought it might cause us a problem.

Thanks Caramac for confirming that that cross for the goal was more hopeful than anything else. We did that several times and nothing came of them yet Madrid do it once and it comes off! They were fated,it seems.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I suppose that if one thing has come of this it's the previous understanding,by Klopp,that you have to prioritise the League and CL. We had a largely fit squad for a whole season and yet we tired badly at the very end of it even with a lot of luck with fitness in our favour. That said,fitness didn't really play a part in last night.

We did in the main. We only went strong in the League Cup and FA Cup in the late rounds.