You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (N) - Champions League Final, Sat 28th May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, Daisy said:

Diaz doesn't seem to have much pace sometimes, while others he just blasts past defenders. Bit odd

He’s beats players with technique. Madrid’s defense just played him exceptionally well and it didn’t help the ref giving us fuck all. 

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Courtois wasn’t that good. Everything was served up on a plate for him tonight. Commentary has improved him to levels he doesn’t deserve. We were shite tonight up front and wouldn’t have scored if we’d have played all night. 

I wouldn’t have started Diaz tonight as although he’s a great player, he doesn’t score or create enough over 90 mins. 20 mins to go and him coming on gives everyone a lift. Our subs tonight were a shrug of the shoulders. I got slaughtered after the Tottenham game for going beserk when he brought kieta on with 5 to go and tonight he offered nothing that was gonna get us a goal.

No matter how much we love him,

Klopps kryptonite is winning the big games from adversity. Once they scored tonight that was game over.

Agree on all points. We basically showed our strongest hand from the off and knew if it didnt work we would be back pedalling.

It was fine margins at times but Courtois made some fairly routine saves- thats it.

Today was a chance to really stamp our mark on this era but came up short.

Stupid stuff but I thought Klopps demeanour was wrong at times- one shot of him emerging from the dressing room at half time seemed at odds with the occasion- he had his hands in his pockets and head down, and it was as if the team reflected that

I guess I'm childish but I miss the way we played the first time we got to the CL final with Klopp. The energy, the speed, the sheer nerve of it all. Don't get me wrong, I know why we changed and I love winning, but god I miss those breakaway goals and the crazy wins. People might say it was no good on the nerves, but, hey, all the narrow wins in the past two or more seasons didn't exactly do the ticker much good either, and with less joy to counter balance the strain and stress. I'd love it if we edged a tiny bit back that way next season. We've won 'dirty' a bit too often for my taste.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Exactly!

We grasped the nettle by the horns, but didn't look before we leapt into the gift horse's mouth.

I feel better now. Thank you. Something was hoisted up a flag pole, but we didn't salute. It happens.

• Upvote 1

I’m still livid at Keita going with the outside of his boot for that chance from the edge of the box. Touch. Hit. 

What he did was fucking awful. Can you picture the likes of De Bruyne or peak Gerrard or Lampard doing something like that? I might just be a bit pissed off, but I don’t think Naby is ever going to be of the required standard or fitness levels. 

58 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

But, it wasn’t 0-0. They defended well and, as Gerrard has just said, had a different plan to beat us rather than going toe to toe with us. And they took their chance. We didn’t take ours. We weren’t good enough to break them down. 

Same plan to beat us as they used all campaign. Shouldn't have surprised us really.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I’m still livid at Keita going with the outside of his boot for that chance from the edge of the box. Touch. Hit. 

What he did was fucking awful. Can you picture the likes of De Bruyne or peak Gerrard or Lampard doing something like that? I might just be a bit pissed off, but I don’t think Naby is ever going to be of the required standard or fitness levels. 

He's top class, 2 games out of 10 he plays, and he misses every other game.

Gone.

7 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I guess I'm childish but I miss the way we played the first time we got to the CL final with Klopp. The energy, the speed, the sheer nerve of it all. Don't get me wrong, I know why we changed and I love winning, but god I miss those breakaway goals and the crazy wins. People might say it was no good on the nerves, but, hey, all the narrow wins in the past two or more seasons didn't exactly do the ticker much good either, and with less joy to counter balance the strain and stress. I'd love it if we edged a tiny bit back that way next season. We've won 'dirty' a bit too often for my taste.

Teams have adapted. That Liverpool took people by surprise. This Liverpool good teams play to neutralize that and honestly we bossed that first half, we did play well in the second but not good enough. the goal was shit defending but 90% of the time we get away with that. Just not in the CL final. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Naby coming on didn’t fill me with confidence of our ability to get an equaliser, but Bobby’s appearance did. The ball fell to the wrong player at the right time in the right place. Keita is a squad player to come on in a league game when we’re 3-0 up and cruising, and the hard graft has been done. He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a European Cup Final. If he doesn’t like that, he can shut the door on the way out.

That performance was worse than 2018. Can't believe we shit the bed against them. 

Still disappointed but not feeling anywhere near as bad as i thought i would. The whole night was soured for me after the shitfest before the game. 

7 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Teams have adapted. That Liverpool took people by surprise. This Liverpool good teams play to neutralize that and honestly we bossed that first half, we did play well in the second but not good enough. the goal was shit defending but 90% of the time we get away with that. Just not in the CL final. 

Did you not read the sentence that said: 'Don't get me wrong, I know why we changed"? I don't need the patronising explanation.

Just now, gkmacca said:

Did you not read the sentence that said: 'Don't get me wrong, I know why we changed"? I don't need the patronising explanation.

Wasn’t trying to be patronizing at all. Just trying to contribute to the discussion. I miss it too to be honest. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

That performance was worse than 2018. Can't believe we shit the bed against them. 

Still disappointed but not feeling anywhere near as bad as i thought i would. The whole night was soured for me after the shitfest before the game. 

This. Can't believe we've let Madrid win the European cup again. 

I was massively confident before the match, but all the stuff with queues and delays I knew it was all turning to shit.