Trumo

Real Madrid (N) - Champions League Final, Sat 28th May 2022 (8:00pm)

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

My halftime thoughts are that this ref has decided he’s giving Sadio fuck all no matter what.

Just like all the premier league Refs

1 minute ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I thought we were getting fucked. Benzema was off on the first pass. No idea what the fuck they were playing at for the actual goal because Robinson had him onside. Shit show VAR, obligatory refs a cunt.

I thought that but they didn't really show it ? 

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

All they're doing is sitting back like a fucking better version of spurs. We looked mentally tired there last 15. That disallowed goal was a fucking comedy of errors and we got lucky it was cancelled. Big half time for the boss. 

Despite the similarities, I’m not sure they’re better than Spurs. Ancelotti’s brand of ultra-negative football really does cause us discomfort time after time though.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I have no idea how thats not a goal. Weirdest rule ever. 

It was all clear until Peter Walton explained it 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Fucking hell.

The game would have been 100% over if the goal had been given - just like 2007, against another dour Ancelotti team. On top, chances gone begging and hit with a sucker punch. Worse than being smashed to shit and going in 3-0 down.

That's quite a spin on what was, one moment of poor defending aside, a decent first half performance from us.

If we keep playing like we did for the first 30 minutes we'll score.

These twats are super lucky though, you only have to see how every ball bounced for them in that offside goal 

It's hardly an encouraging time to do it, but unless Mo finds a way to wriggle past the pair of defenders who are always on him then it's a waste of time him being there.

Trent's weird recent habit of passing 'blind' - I just don't get it. Has he seen Thiago's 'no look' passes and fancies trying the same? If so, he hasn't studied the master well enough. He's wasting possession. 

I think Diaz can cause chaos if he backs himself more and uses his pace. At the moment that's probably our best chance.

Scary final few minutes. They took so long over that decision that I was scared it was going to be given and the offside rule is so fucked these days that some officials probably would have. Utter shambles from us as it should have been easily cleared before that but our players all got in each other's way. It would have been reminiscent  of the 2007 final with Milan had it counted as I remember us completely controlling the first half then and going behind to a suckerpunch goal right at halftime. We looked all at sea in the last couple of minutes after that and it was a relief that halftime came.

But before that we were all over them and it was really frustrating that we didn't make it count. Great save from Courtois from Mane's effort but so much luck also involved. It could have hit the post and gone in, bounced back in off the keeper, or rebounded to one of our strikers, but instead it hit Courtois but not with enough pace for it to be an issue. 

For all our firepower though we've now gone 285 minutes without a goal in the 3 finals combined. Need someone to become a hero and win this. 

From McManaman going on about problems outside without any context, through to half-time analysis, BT have been cunts.

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

This quiver lipped cunt is hard work.  Thick as fucking shit it's been explained you twat.

Couldn’t believe how emphatically he failed to comprehend the decision after Walton’s very straightforward explanation.

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

That's quite a spin on what was, one moment of poor defending aside, a decent first half performance from us.

It was a good performance, which is why I think conceding at that point would have been a hammer blow.