You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (N) - Champions League Final, Sat 28th May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, clangers said:

Should have put them away in the first 30 mins, not for the first time our finishing isn't clinical enough. A shite end to the season, At least there's no football for a few months. We seriously need to upgrade to go further.

We desperately, desperately need a striker.

Just now, El Rojo said:

Didn’t do anywhere near enough to win that. Didn’t do ourselves justice. 

Bitterly disappointing, but can you imagine how Jurgen and the lads feel after that? Awful end to the season.

Hopefully he now knows who needs to be replaced this summer. 3 finals this year and we've turned up in 0. 

Just like Sunday when we were absolutely shite.

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

No complaints from me. 

Courtois was excellent. 

The time for us to win that game was in the first 35 minutes or so when we were on top. All night, the passing and final ball or cross just wasn’t good enough and Madrid were just a bit too clever and wiley for us. And they looked much fresher. The Keita sub was a killer. He was poor. 

Fair play to Madrid - deserved winners. We didn’t do enough. It’s hardly like they were hanging on for life. It was a similar game to the Athens final. 

Two cups isn’t to be sniffed at, but it’s a (little) bit of an anticlimax to a season that promised so much.

I mean, "deserved winners" not really, it's basically a bottom half of the league performance from them just with way better players. But it's a final where anything can happen and they win it, so they get the credit. This basically should have been another 0-0.

• Upvote 1

I've never been as pissed off with us as much as I am now. In other finals we had the excuse of playing against better sides but tonight was different, we just didn't perform and went out with a whimper. I feel embarrassed for the players. Bottle job, pure and simple.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Thought we were unlucky tbh. Goalie in inspired form although our finishing could have been better. Caught out once for their goal. Fine margins really.

Agree.

I thought Trent could have done better on their goal, maybe, but his full-backing we know is not his big strength.

Fine margins.

And let's face it, goalie was superb - on my coverage they're saying it's the best performance they've ever seen by a keeper in such a major game.

I can't make a legitimate major, major complaint about the game if I'm honest. 

Apart from maybe a team winning a final with only one shot on target for the game.

• Upvote 1

Reckon I'm done with football

Can't be arsed with it affecting me so much considering how much I actually despise how the game is run & how's money is the only important thing to associations & owners these days.  Its a grotesque professional sport at the elite level now. I'm sure the Euro/Gulf super league sponsored by Etihad & Aramco will be amazing & full of hugely paid superstars in a few years but i'm out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thought the ref was shite, three injuries in extra time but no extra time. Once they scored they "game management" kicked in, with Koos being the worst, three times rolling about stopping play. 

Not clinical, they had two attempts, scored twice and one ruled off side. 

Once they scored I never thought we would, so obviously disappointed but not devastated. 

All our shots, apart from one was straight at the goalkeeper. As we all said before the game, it was all about being clinical. They were, we weren't. 

• Upvote 1