You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (N) - Champions League Final, Sat 28th May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I’ve got a weird feeling about me today. It’s a strange combination of slight nerves mixed up with a stronger sense of belief and optimism. Not arrogance, as Madrid will have to be respected pretty much right up to the final whistle. 

But, I can’t help thinking that we’ve got this and will beat them and will be celebrating number 7 later this evening. 

Off for a walk to burn off some pent-up energy/adrenaline. Some calm before the storm. 

We can do this. 

I'm different. When the QF draw was made and we knew our route I dreamt of Villareal in the semi's and Real Madrid in the final. I didn't want an English club and like fuck I wanted Atletico in a one off final, FUCK THAT. However it being Real Madrid and Ancelotti, they (like us) know this dance. They aren't stupid.

I really fancied us in 18 because of how we were blowing teams away and they managed to do a number on us (I know Salah injury and karius head fuck were big factors) but I'm far less confident today. Nerves maybe but I've got a really horrible feeling. Probably more because it would be a huge kick in the stomach after the season we've just put out I guess. I'll be fine after a few bevvies. Is it bevvy o'clock yet? Anyone already on it? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm different. When the QF draw was made and we knew our route I dreamt of Villareal in the semi's and Real Madrid in the final. I didn't want an English club and like fuck I wanted Atletico in a one off final, FUCK THAT. However it being Real Madrid and Ancelotti, they (like us) know this dance. They aren't stupid.

I really fancied us in 18 because of how we were blowing teams away and they managed to do a number on us (I know Salah injury and karius head fuck were big factors) but I'm far less confident today. Nerves maybe but I've got a really horrible feeling. Probably more because it would be a huge kick in the stomach after the season we've just put out I guess. I'll be fine after a few bevvies. Is it bevvy o'clock yet? Anyone already on it? 

Bit of whiskey in the morning coffee at half seven. Works wonders that

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Sky showing the team leaving the hotel for some training at the ground. I was looking for Thiago and didn’t see him board the bus, or at the training thing BT Sport showed. 

I reckon he’s not playing. It’ll be Kieta. 

I hope you're wrong... 

26 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Right, that’s the grass cut, which takes forever given all the crap I’ve to move around. Kids playing in the garden. 

Too early to start drinking?

4D66BFCB-B519-45BA-9BFC-49AF40217DF5.jpeg

If they start now they’ll be hammered by kick-off, as their tolerance probably isn’t huge. Why not though?

• Upvote 7

55 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Right, that’s the grass cut, which takes forever given all the crap I’ve to move around. Kids playing in the garden. 

Too early to start drinking?

4D66BFCB-B519-45BA-9BFC-49AF40217DF5.jpeg

The Malahide to Swords trade off, JH?

Never too early.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Got this sent to me by a mate who's a  good Red through Wattsapp. What an awful thing to do if it's true 

IMG-20220528-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20220528-WA0007.jpg

It’s not true. 

The company was incorporated in 2006 and has never had a “Richard Arlison” listed as a named person on their Companies House entry.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05959819/officers

• Upvote 1

It just kicked in. The realisation that we are in a European Cup final and we will be playing Real Madrid just kicked in. With how successful we've been and the league stuff, it has kind of being surreal, and now it just hit me full in the face. This is the biggest game you can play in football. It means fucking everything. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Got this sent to me by a mate who's a  good Red through Wattsapp. What an awful thing to do if it's true 

IMG-20220528-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20220528-WA0007.jpg

If there's any truth to this, the best thing that can happen to the cunts is the courts take their house; the alternative is they get kicked to a pulp.

22 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

IMG-20220528-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20220528-WA0007.jpg

If there is any truth whatsoever in blues stitching people up like that I hope they get hunted down and absolutely fucking battered. Even if it's not true, blues will dine out on that forever. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It just kicked in. The realisation that we are in a European Cup final and we will be playing Real Madrid just kicked in. With how successful we've been and the league stuff, it has kind of being surreal, and now it just hit me full in the face. This is the biggest game you can play in football. It means fucking everything. 

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily."