You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (N) - Champions League Final, Sat 28th May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I am not Stringy you know! My point is that I hate that kind of disparagement towards the opposition,especially these cunts and prefer banners that celebrate our achievements instead.

It’s an often funny shout at the match especially when the opposition are very good. It’s a bit of humour. It’s Real Madrid not Chesterfield 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is it too early to sniff glue?

Never too early for anything you fancy on European Cup Final day*.

*Unless it involves sex, minors, animals or a combination of all three, they’re a definite no.

1 minute ago, coachpotato said:

*Unless it involves sex, minors, animals or a combination of all three, they’re a definite no.

So I can take advantage of the mentally disabled! Jesus 

17 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Or jam before clotted cream. 

I’ve got a weird feeling about me today. It’s a strange combination of slight nerves mixed up with a stronger sense of belief and optimism. Not arrogance, as Madrid will have to be respected pretty much right up to the final whistle. 

But, I can’t help thinking that we’ve got this and will beat them and will be celebrating number 7 later this evening. 

Off for a walk to burn off some pent-up energy/adrenaline. Some calm before the storm. 

We can do this. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I know what you’re saying, and agree. But in this case it’s not disparagement against the opposition. This is just a wee pisstake on a statement shouted from the crowd before every single Liverpool match regardless of whether we’re playing the Dog and Duck or Brazil 1970. 

Is the right answer

Here we are, again waiting as supporters for our team to play the biggest match in the world. What a privilige! Most football-supporters never get the chance to experience this.

I can honestly say that becoming a Liverpool supporter in 1974 has been one of the most important happenings in my life. Always something to look forward to no matter how life has been on other fronts, lots of pain and anxiety, but lots and lots of great times, happiness and togetherness!

I am buzzing before this match, just as much as before any of the other finals. I have been watching old final clips, tv-reports and interviews from Paris and the training session yesterday. I am both confident and nervous. I was made up that RM beat City. I feel a lot less pressure meeting RM. As both Thiago and Fabinho seems fit I think we are slight favourites, 55/45, but RM has an extrem winning culture, having won their last 7 CL finals. I don’t want any typical Liverpool drama, I wish for a comfortable 3-0 win.

Come on you mighty Reds!

• Upvote 2

Trying to sleep before a cup final having a 'too fucking early' am kickoff is exactly the same feeling as going to bed before Christmas day as a kid. Too many nerves of excitement to settle for a good while yet. 

I'm almost 40. Up the reds!!!

• Upvote 1

I’ve mown the front lawn.

I’ve mown some of the back lawn but left the patch that’s overgrown where the rabbits wee and poo on instruction from the missus as with one of the rabbits being put down yesterday, the other needs to feel safe and have that space left as is.

Stopped now for a quick thirst quencher: blackcurrant high juice.

Next I’m taking my missus’s nightmare mother-in-law to visit my missus’s dad in hospital.

Pop and pay for my daughters dance costume for her show in July.

Then my ex is bringing my daughter over, and I’ll have 15 minutes to break the news about the rabbit before we need to head off to start our lead up to the match.

In short, I’ve got plenty to keep me occupied and I’ll start thinking about the match later.

I've had the comment a couple of times, your going to be gutted if you get beat, disappointing season. Firstly it's no where near going to be a disappointing season regardless, yeah it could be a disappointing result but still what's the alternative! to never make it to finals because you are scared you might lose. Im shitting myself because its the pinnacle of club football and it would be amazing to win not because it will be failure if we lose. If football wasn't about evoking the emotions it wouldn't be popular.

59 minutes ago, A_S said:

Trying to sleep before a cup final having a 'too fucking early' am kickoff is exactly the same feeling as going to bed before Christmas day as a kid. Too many nerves of excitement to settle for a good while yet. 

I'm almost 40. Up the reds!!!

You made the same mistake as me in reading the forum before trying to get a few hours in.

34 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ve mown the front lawn.

I’ve mown some of the back lawn but left the patch that’s overgrown where the rabbits wee and poo on instruction from the missus as with one of the rabbits being put down yesterday, the other needs to feel safe and have that space left as is.

Stopped now for a quick thirst quencher: blackcurrant high juice.

Next I’m taking my missus’s nightmare mother-in-law to visit my missus’s dad in hospital.

Pop and pay for my daughters dance costume for her show in July.

Then my ex is bringing my daughter over, and I’ll have 15 minutes to break the news about the rabbit before we need to head off to start our lead up to the match.

In short, I’ve got plenty to keep me occupied and I’ll start thinking about the match later.

If anyone has earned a victory tonight then you have. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Reddy on SSN: squeak squeak squeak, waffle waffle, banal bullshit, squeak.

SSN: Thanks Melissa, now over to Vinny O'Connor at the team hotel...

Hmm, that bint on Bt sports trying to be all laddy with "crouchy" and Mo is fucking way way worse for me . Shes fucking excruciatingly annoying

Sky showing the team leaving the hotel for some training at the ground. I was looking for Thiago and didn’t see him board the bus, or at the training thing BT Sport showed. 

I reckon he’s not playing. It’ll be Kieta. 

Just had a nice walk along the front to burn off the slight bit of tension that is building. Made a quick Liverpool related playlist on Spotify (I’ll add more at a later date) and put that on get the good vibes going. 

There seemed to be loads out on the front, so I’m guessing a few people had the same idea. 

It’s a lovely day to become champions of Europe! 

8F4F4DE3-DAA3-4344-B57A-DFBF6E8C56A6.jpeg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Just had a nice walk along the front to burn off the slight bit of tension that is building. Made a quick Liverpool related playlist on Spotify (I’ll add more at a later date) and put that on get the good vibes going. 

There seemed to be loads out on the front, so I’m guessing a few people had the same idea. 

It’s a lovely day to become champions of Europe! 

8F4F4DE3-DAA3-4344-B57A-DFBF6E8C56A6.jpeg

Similar playlist on myself all morning. Got the Wrexham game on now. Will have that back on this afternoon.