You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (N) - Champions League Final, Sat 28th May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Never thought I would say it but I would rather have Kieta than a half fit Fab. Every time he has come back from injury it takes time for him to hit his imperious best form in fact if we honest he can have an absolute shocker . If Ox is fit I would not be surprised to see a Kewell duration cameo. Ffs I would nearly play the Greek or Robbo in midfield  but would certainly have the both of them on the left hand side of the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, chrisbrand said:

"Thiago has an Achilles problem. The problem is not serious but he will need to respond to treatment quickly this week" according to Paul Joyce. 

Well this is more encouraging as @MegadriveMan said on Thiagos thread if we can get an hour or something approaching that out of him then it's a chance worth taking especially as we have 5 subs available

13 hours ago, gkmacca said:

In 1977, we lost the cup final to the mancs. Emlyn Hughes was the captain. Everyone was down. But he said, we'll win the European Cup next week, and we did. Without this final, we'd only have a summer of frustration. Now we have one more big game. I'm going to blank out all the moaning and whining and watch the game next week with hope, you know, like the song says.

I really hope we deliver next week as well. 

My big worry is that we do look absolutely knackered. Mentally and physically. 

Usually you can point to something, a poor player, a poor performance, a weakness something to get your teeth into. We have none of that, on our day I back us 100% but the negative side of me thinks that we're going to have to shithouse our way through this game if we're going to win it. 

They deserve nothing but credit, and maybe in light of yesterday I'm at a negative disposition, its going to be hard. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Trumo said:

...... A lot of you guys love this stuff, but I can expect that some of you think they’re shite and/or are bored of them......

You're doing a tremedous job Trumo. I really appreciatye your eftorts.

As for the final my only concern is the spaces left behind by TAA and Keita not covering.

If Thiago's not avaiable I'd be tempted to start with a midfield 3 of Hendo, Fab and Harvey/Curtiis instead of Keita, Maybe even consider Milner.

I dont often get worried about fixtures but this one does worry me. We're running on fumes and have some injury concerns. The Sport Science Department said of the 2019 final that if Spurs had scored first, they considered the team didnt have enough in the tank to have come from behind to win.

This team has a dont know when beaten attitude. Madrid always seem to spawn results in this competition. We're going to need to be perfect to win this. Going to pens will see me hiding behind the sofa I think!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Antynwa said:

My big worry is that we do look absolutely knackered. Mentally and physically. 

Usually you can point to something, a poor player, a poor performance, a weakness something to get your teeth into. We have none of that, on our day I back us 100% but the negative side of me thinks that we're going to have to shithouse our way through this game if we're going to win it. 

They deserve nothing but credit, and maybe in light of yesterday I'm at a negative disposition, its going to be hard. 

It's the last game of the season. And a huge game. They've been caught between chasing the title and not shattering themselves for a couple of months or more. That's gone, too. Now there's one simple target, a huge adrenaline rush of the showcase final and all the glory to get. I doubt tiredness will come into it next weekend, at least until Extra time. 

• Upvote 2

We played at a very high tempo for long stretches trying to blow Wolves away so it's not surprising we seemed to tire a bit in the last 20. But we still had enough to control the game and win. I don't expect tiredness to be a big issue on Saturday particularly with  the option of five subs. 

2 hours ago, chrisbrand said:

"Thiago has an Achilles problem. The problem is not serious but he will need to respond to treatment quickly this week" according to Paul Joyce. 

Give him all our inhalers/PED’s and Klopp juice he needs any news on Fabinho abit too quiet for my liking did he train last week ?