You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Oxlade-Chamberlain may see out contract at Liverpool

TLW

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

He was actually quite helpful when Mo and Sadio were away. I hope, beyond the usual agent-planted stories you get at this time, we don't see the squad get slightly smaller rather than slightly bigger this summer. After FSG blew it by not strengthening after the title win, they need to show they've learned their lesson. Even though we reaped the benefits this year from having such a good squad, our midfield problems at certain stages show we still need something more. 

Refreshing the squad isn't terrible though. If Chamberlain goes and another body replaces him (which could be this carvalho kid I suppose, but I've not seen enough of him to know how deep he could play), then I think it's just fine..in fact some fresh blood is probably good for the squad. So if we were to loose div, taki and Chamberlain this summer and they're replaced, then I'm ok with that. But if we thin the squad for the sake of it and don't bring in replacements, then obviously that's not helpful. 

What Diaz brought to the squad should be there for everyone to see. That's a body we wouldn't have seen had spurs not forced our hand, but the extra player who can contribute has been invaluable. We'd have been the other side of city now had we done it last summer or brought a midfielder in then. 

6 hours ago, gkmacca said:

He was actually quite helpful when Mo and Sadio were away. 

Agreed. He scored in both the games he started. 

He also contributed in the early rounds of both domestic cup and started the fight back v Leicester. 

I can’t get worked up either way. If he wants to stay and see his contract out then fine, if he or the club want him to move on then that’s fine as well. 

Taki will probably stay after the boss’s comments the other day as it might even see him getting more games now Divock is leaving, Ox might well leave if there’s a new midfielder in the pipeline, but the arrival of Zone7, and their ability to assist in our players getting fewer injuries, could lead to the squad being allowed to be slimmed down by a couple of players if they are able to head off any potential crises with their data crunching.

I’d hope that wouldn’t be the case, as we’ve proved this season that it is possible to go for all trophies with a squad the size it is and yet the players have still looked a bit tired towards the end with the sheer number of games.

Be interesting to see how we do during the summer, don’t see more than a couple of new arrivals though.

19 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Terrible signing, on a par with Keita. Klopp doesn’t get many wrong but those two and Karius are his howlers. 

Karius has been the only terrible signing. 

Chamberlain and Keita haven't been value for money, but they have both contributed to trophies. They're ultimately disappointing, but hardly terrible.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Karius has been the only terrible signing

Chamberlain and Keita haven't been value for money, but they have both contributed to trophies. They're ultimately disappointing, but hardly terrible.

Grujic?

Nothing tells you how shit a player is more than the ‘nice lad, good fella’ tags.

Abysmal footballer, always has been.  Fave like a smacked arse all season, puts in as much effort as latter day Sturridge when on the pitch.

but yea, great lad hi.

Ben Davies, surely?

Bought at a time when a CB crisis hit, when we needed someone to help steer the ship for a few months to defend our newly won, hard fought 30 year title.

16 months later and nobody on this forum can say with any certainty that the fella actually exists.

2 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Ben Davies, surely?

Bought at a time when a CB crisis hit, when we needed someone to help steer the ship for a few months to defend our newly won, hard fought 30 year title.

16 months later and nobody on this forum can say with any certainty that the fella actually exists.

Fuck me forgot all about that, you're Paul KcKenna and now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

31 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Ben Davies, surely?

We won't lose on that deal either. He was pennies. Shut the fans up with dreams of a bargain. And at some point, we'll either get a couple of mil for him or the loan fees will pay for the transfer fee. And that's not counting the fact he was just bought out of the compensation money off the fa to cover the wages for Gomez. 

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We won't lose on that deal either. He was pennies. Shut the fans up with dreams of a bargain. And at some point, we'll either get a couple of mil for him or the loan fees will pay for the transfer fee. And that's not counting the fact he was just bought out of the compensation money off the fa to cover the wages for Gomez. 

Do you know who he is?

Have you ever physically seen him?

I’ll put aside losing the league title and and the opportunity cost, revenue etc.

Please describe this footballer and his pros and cons.

2 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

We made a profit on him, between loan and transfer fees, I believe.

I was talking solely from a footballing perspective and how bad he was/it simply not working out because he was nowhere near good enough for us.

By the way it shows how boss last few years have been when we are picking the odd one or two out as failures.

12 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Terrible signing, on a par with Keita. Klopp doesn’t get many wrong but those two and Karius are his howlers. 

The Karius signing was an excellent one in retrospect. It showed how stupid an idea it is to sign bargain basement goalkeepers and expect them to be top players.

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck off Rodwell. 

Nah, he's a good lad. Bad luck with injuries but needs a move because he isn't ever a regular starter here. Boss player when fit. 

I wouldn't say OC has ever been 'boss' but he has a couple of patches of 'he's a useful player when fit' during his time here. If he isn't starting before Taki,for example,he is way down the pecking order. I'd be happy enough for Klopp to be pissed off at him doing more on social media than on the training pitch.

I don't think anyone can argue that now isn't the time for Ox to move on but some of the abuse is unfair. He's had some terrible luck with injuries and has never recovered his best form. He won't get the game time to do that at Liverpool but he could still be a decent player again elsewhere.