You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Parade

Oh Buoy

19 minutes ago, John102 said:

Seeing how the parade has gone down with others fans, its mad how for loads of fans, being the best is all that matters and is the only thing worth celebrating. 

I dont want to go down the route of winning without winning, but, if all youre interested in is being the best, youre missing a lot of what sport is about for me. 

Imagine seeing all these people out on the streets, having a laugh with friends and loved ones, and you try to snigger and post on twitter and youtube like its you who is winning at life. Imagine thinking, as you post on social media laughing at our fans in Paris last night, that you are somehow winning because we got beat in a final, ignoring all the laughs and memories everyone made home and away throughout the campaign.

#makingmemories.......

Mourinho encouraged it. He epitomises that kind of attitude - throwing his medal into the crowd after a victory and shushing the opposition fans. I genuinely think he gets most enjoyment not from winning with his team but from beating opponents. It's not quite the same thing. There's an insecurity there, a need to see others suffer. That's why he's such an essentially joyless person. If he won easily and everyone acted gracefully I think he'd find it empty. He needs to feel he's wrenched something from the heart of his opponent. That's part of the culture now. It's not the winning, it's other people losing, that matters.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Has stig accidentally rubbed his arm against some womans lower back who had a temp tattoo?

If you knew what that tattoo means to me you'd shut up. But yeah, I rubbed a girl up 

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

But it's always the wrong way.

Do you know that? 

1 hour ago, Allan said:

He's one of us. Fuck them  xxxx

YNWA 

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Like others I’m chuffed this was better than I thought it would be, and I’m a bit gutted I didn’t go now, especially as my daughter wanted to go.

Feeling a bit the same here, Bob

1 hour ago, suzy said:

So proud of our fans and the team! A couple of the players admitted they were a bit nervous for the parade today but it all worked out. Think the fans lifted the players. Looked brilliant.

You lucky people. Times like this make me miss my city!!. YNWA

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I love the last line. About not caring what anybody else says. He’s spot on. His only concern is to make Liverpool Football Club the best team that he can and enjoy himself doing it. 

Just him and Ulla now. Don’t need no snakes or haterz xx 

I love the emphasis on "this world" (which I'm taking as a nod towards multiverse theory).

• Upvote 2