You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Parade

Oh Buoy

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the greatdevotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

• Upvote 5

I'm still going - got to give the lads something for their efforts this season. A depressing end but couldn't think of anything worse than almost getting 4 cups and driving through a City-like crowd. Time to dust off, rest, and go for the fucking thing again. Unbearables win or lose. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Cancel it

No. Absolutely not.

Win together, lose together. This isnt a wake over what could have been. We knew the risks. Kinda proves how difficult to win all four is as its never been done. The team comiserated together after Kyiv in 2018 on Jurgens behest.

We havent gathered since Big Ears in 2019. Doesnt seem that long ago but the world is very different since then. They deserve acknowledgement.

I am just sorry that I am ensconced 200 odd miles away and as much as I would have to sell a kidney for the petrol, I am probably no where near the safe limit to drive. Hope someone shows the coverage somewhere.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the greatdevotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Cutting and pasting someone else's words doesn't really fit in with the spirit of the statement, but you can't have everything.

32 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Cutting and pasting someone else's words doesn't really fit in with the spirit of the statement, but you can't have everything.

Woken up in a surly mood. Can’t blame you, trophy was ours for the taking.

4 hours ago, House of Dirk said:

No. Absolutely not.

Win together, lose together. This isnt a wake over what could have been. We knew the risks. Kinda proves how difficult to win all four is as its never been done. The team comiserated together after Kyiv in 2018 on Jurgens behest.

We havent gathered since Big Ears in 2019. Doesnt seem that long ago but the world is very different since then. They deserve acknowledgement.

I am just sorry that I am ensconced 200 odd miles away and as much as I would have to sell a kidney for the petrol, I am probably no where near the safe limit to drive. Hope someone shows the coverage somewhere.

I'm not sure that gets to the crux of the matter, mate. Think Paulie would totally agree that we win together and lose together and that the team and staff thoroughly deserve it. I just can't imagine the lads will want to be there. Far, far fewer will turn out. It just feels a bit forced on all sides. The lads might be looking out a very limited turn out. How disheartening would that be for them?

Which is why they should never have actually announced it before the weekend. I hope I'm massively wrong and it's rousing and cathartic for everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm not sure that gets to the crux of the matter, mate. Think Paulie would totally agree that we win together and lose together and that the team and staff thoroughly deserve it. I just can't imagine the lads will want to be there. Far, far fewer will turn out. It just feels a bit forced on all sides. The lads might be looking out a very limited turn out. How disheartening would that be for them?

Which is why they should never have actually announced it before the weekend. I hope I'm massively wrong and it's rousing and cathartic for everyone. 

Announcing it was a really bizarre one and, if anything, I can see it doing more harm than good. I suspect it’ll feel like punishment for the players.

1 hour ago, kam said:

Does anyone know if this is free on LFC TV, or do you nave to subscribe? Many thanks.

Free on YouTube, it’s just come up on my notifications! Looks a good turnout.

They had several people on Sky sports news at different points on the route but they’ve got that idiot Kevin Campbell on now so I’ve switched to YouTube!

I thought this would be a bit flat and wasn’t really in the mood so decided to swerve this. 

I feel bad for doing so now as they’ve given us a remarkable ride all season. 

It’s good to see that the numbers look good though and well done to everyone who wasn’t a miserable bad loser like me and made the effort to get out onto the streets. 

• Upvote 1