You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Parade

Oh Buoy

On 20/05/2022 at 17:50, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, you're right, the club has not been successful this season. Good stuff.

Do you even read what you reply too? The 'women's' feat is not an 'achievement' for me and barely raises an eyelid. It's a minor feat as they've actually been WPL champions,which was a feat.

22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I was always more of a Knave or Penthouse man but a Parade would do.

Oi. I made that joke on the first page!  (though I went for Fiesta & Razzle). 

• Upvote 1

I might take a drive over for the parade but don't really fancy driving anywhere near town and looking for somewhere to park as it's probably going to be rammed everywhere.

What does tlw think of driving up the wirral side  and parking at one of the merseyrail car parks and coming into town that way?

1 hour ago, Caramac said:

I might take a drive over for the parade but don't really fancy driving anywhere near town and looking for somewhere to park as it's probably going to be rammed everywhere.

What does tlw think of driving up the wirral side  and parking at one of the merseyrail car parks and coming into town that way?

Feasible 

6 hours ago, Caramac said:

I'd park down by the Eldonian/Vauxhall road and walk in. Probably take you about 15-20 minutes to get to the strand. Free parking, outskirts of town, various routes to get in and out. 

7 hours ago, Caramac said:

I wouldn’t do that, to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Bot said:

I'd park down by the Eldonian/Vauxhall road and walk in. Probably take you about 15-20 minutes to get to the strand. Free parking, outskirts of town, various routes to get in and out. 

8 hours ago, halewood pete said:

Feasible 

2 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I wouldn’t do that, to be honest. 

Alright, cheers fellas.

18 hours ago, Caramac said:

There are plenty of options.

You can get here by railways.

You can get here by Trailways.

You can get here by caravan

Across the desert like an Arab man...

• Upvote 3

I really hope - despite the disappointment - the players get the reception they deserve. They've put in a Herculean effort to fight on all four fronts, and only fell short on a couple by the finest of margins.

Still a cup double winning side, second only in the league to a financial doping oil state. This is a great side that just ran out of gas a bit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Can’t lie, I think this is gonna be flatter that a witches tit. It’s just the way it all ended. I’ll be there like but, y’know.

Yeah completely agree, especially coming less than 24 hours after tonight. Can see there being quite a few wistful looking faces on the bus to be honest, which is totally understandable 

• Upvote 1

You have to think it was a poor idea scheduling it in advance, instead of having a separate parade prior to the CL. I get the idea behind it, but the players aren’t going to want to be there. As good as winning the domestic cups is in the moment, it’s not what the modern player is all about. I can’t see this being beneficial for them, regardless of how good the reception is. 

They should just cancel it. The players won't want to be there. Can't imagine that many fans would be upset about it if they did. It was a terrible decision to schedule it beforehand. The time to show off the two cups was at Anfield last weekend but that was fucked by the decision to let Harvey Elliott's nieces and nephews on the lap of honour (nothing against them or Harvey, just an example of how fucking shit it was). Just let the lads go home and rest. We'd lose a bit of face for canceling it, but I couldn't give a shit about that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Can’t lie, I think this is gonna be flatter that a witches tit. It’s just the way it all ended. I’ll be there like but, y’know.

I agree with you, which is why I’m not going to travel over.

the lads I watched with had both said they’d go either way, I’d said 70/30 wouldn’t if we lost, but probably in my head thought it was more like 95/5.

Both those lads decided they wouldn’t by the time we were calling it a night.

if I was living in the city - or close by - then I’d go, I want to cheer these fellas - but I don’t live close by and I think it will be flat like you say, will be less busy and therefore will pass more quickly.

I hope everyone who does go had a boss time and it’s better than I predict.