Trumo

Wolves (H) - Sun 22nd May 2022 (4:00pm)

42 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Lol Newcastle, thanks I rushed it.

Thought we had a third lot of sportswashing cunts to deal with. That'd do me in for top flight football. 

1 hour ago, Haan'sThunderbolt said:

That Sheffield Weds game at home in April 1993; 0-1 down into injury time....somehow conjure up 2 goals to win.....that's the start of it, and when you knew they were never beaten...as the refs would almost play until they scored.

If I remember rightly there was 9 minutes of time added on without any major interruptions unbelievable really,  whenever do you see 9 minutes added on in any game now unless something serious has happened. 

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Because of the way he'd bully journalists (anyone who tried to call out his bullshit would be denied access to - arguably - the biggest club in the country, which would undoubtedly hinder their career) when he said "the referee was a disgrace" the media would slavishly repeat it; saving themselves from grief, but dropping the referee in it. The shithouse at PGMOL wouldn't have the spuds to defend their officials, they'd just make sure that any ref who drew his ire wouldn't be assigned to United matches. It's hard to blame the individual refs for taking the easier option.

That's the main reason I take issue with anyone lauding his "greatness". He was a cunt and a bully.

He was a great cunt and a bully.

21 hours ago, aRdja said:

Sky owned a stake in many clubs at the time, including Sunderland and Leeds. They went public and anyone could buy their shares, even you. I dislike United almost as much as anyone, but they’re a proper football club, and well run financially. 

Baseball cap, coffee mug, goal score!

52 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Because of the way he'd bully journalists (anyone who tried to call out his bullshit would be denied access to - arguably - the biggest club in the country, which would undoubtedly hinder their career) when he said "the referee was a disgrace" the media would slavishly repeat it; saving themselves from grief, but dropping the referee in it. The shithouse at PGMOL wouldn't have the spuds to defend their officials, they'd just make sure that any ref who drew his ire wouldn't be assigned to United matches. It's hard to blame the individual refs for taking the easier option.

That's the main reason I take issue with anyone lauding his "greatness". He was a cunt and a bully.

Didn't he refuse to give interviews to the BBC for about a decade?

He even fell out with his own club channel at one point because he deemed them too critical.

16 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Didn't he refuse to give interviews to the BBC for about a decade?

He even fell out with his own club channel at one point because he deemed them too critical.

Fell out with the Beeb over the horse racing stuff I think. 
Definitley fell out with ManU TV because they were indeed overly critical or so he thought.  

The rumour I heard at the time was the fallout over that racehorse was what led two of the mancs' biggest shareholders to sell to the Glazers. So his horrible bastardry kind of contributed to their downfall as well.

On 24/05/2022 at 10:52, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Arguably part of the reason why United's return in Europe was so poor based on two decades of PL domination was that overseas referees didn't tolerate his bullshit and intimidation the way English refs did.