You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Sun 22nd May 2022 (4:00pm)

Trumo

42 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Lol Newcastle, thanks I rushed it.

Thought we had a third lot of sportswashing cunts to deal with. That'd do me in for top flight football. 

1 hour ago, Haan'sThunderbolt said:

That Sheffield Weds game at home in April 1993; 0-1 down into injury time....somehow conjure up 2 goals to win.....that's the start of it, and when you knew they were never beaten...as the refs would almost play until they scored.

If I remember rightly there was 9 minutes of time added on without any major interruptions unbelievable really,  whenever do you see 9 minutes added on in any game now unless something serious has happened. 

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Because of the way he'd bully journalists (anyone who tried to call out his bullshit would be denied access to - arguably - the biggest club in the country, which would undoubtedly hinder their career) when he said "the referee was a disgrace" the media would slavishly repeat it; saving themselves from grief, but dropping the referee in it. The shithouse at PGMOL wouldn't have the spuds to defend their officials, they'd just make sure that any ref who drew his ire wouldn't be assigned to United matches. It's hard to blame the individual refs for taking the easier option.

That's the main reason I take issue with anyone lauding his "greatness". He was a cunt and a bully.

He was a great cunt and a bully.

21 hours ago, aRdja said:

Sky owned a stake in many clubs at the time, including Sunderland and Leeds. They went public and anyone could buy their shares, even you. I dislike United almost as much as anyone, but they’re a proper football club, and well run financially. 

Baseball cap, coffee mug, goal score!

52 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Because of the way he'd bully journalists (anyone who tried to call out his bullshit would be denied access to - arguably - the biggest club in the country, which would undoubtedly hinder their career) when he said "the referee was a disgrace" the media would slavishly repeat it; saving themselves from grief, but dropping the referee in it. The shithouse at PGMOL wouldn't have the spuds to defend their officials, they'd just make sure that any ref who drew his ire wouldn't be assigned to United matches. It's hard to blame the individual refs for taking the easier option.

That's the main reason I take issue with anyone lauding his "greatness". He was a cunt and a bully.

Didn't he refuse to give interviews to the BBC for about a decade?

He even fell out with his own club channel at one point because he deemed them too critical.

16 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Didn't he refuse to give interviews to the BBC for about a decade?

He even fell out with his own club channel at one point because he deemed them too critical.

Fell out with the Beeb over the horse racing stuff I think. 
Definitley fell out with ManU TV because they were indeed overly critical or so he thought.  

On 24/05/2022 at 10:52, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Arguably part of the reason why United's return in Europe was so poor based on two decades of PL domination was that overseas referees didn't tolerate his bullshit and intimidation the way English refs did.