You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Sun 22nd May 2022 (4:00pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, an tha said:

The facts remain....

We have won 2 trophies already, we’ve had 3 days out at Wembley, we’ve fought for the league to the last minute of the last day with oil rich shithouses and go to Paris on Saturday with a chance to be Champions of Europe for the 7th time.

If we lose? We've had an incredible journey, if we win? Wow…..

We are Liverpool.

This is absolutely right.

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

92 points and it's still not enough, Abu Dhabi have ruined this league. Well done to the lads I hated nearly every moment of that game though.

Please for the love of god dont be so shit against Madrid and start badly and sort the fucking huge gaps left by trent. I'm starting to warm to the idea of putting him in midfield and buying a right back.

The gaps left by Trent arent so much of an issue when we have our 1st choice mid out there, Fab, Thiago, Hendo. Gini last season, They just fill in when Trent has gone wandering, tactically sound. For me it’s more about the indiscipline of Keita. Every time he plays the opposition seem to get chances, either thru his poor decision making, dwelling too much on the ball or his lack of cover. Infuriates me massively. 

Can't get my head around any Liverpool fans going on neutral sites to say City are worthy champions. Some of them are probably old-fashioned supporters brought up with with the belief that it is right to be sporting and congratulate rivals who get the better of us. They probably did exactly the same thing with, say, Arsenal when they won the league at Anfield in 89. Normally I'd say it was a healthy attitude to have and much better than the hateful attitudes that have become predominant amongst modern supporters, but it neglects the fact that this City team are not the equivalent of rivals of old. They've not finished top on sporting merit. They've cheated their way to every league title they've ever won and should never be congratulated for anything. 

And some of those comments will be from people who are pretty much the fan equivalent of Carragher on commentary. They go out of their way to appear all balanced and reasonable, yet all they end up doing is still being called biased by other supporters whilst simultaneously pissing off other Liverpool fans.

• Upvote 6

Well I’m glad I went to babysit my grandson straight after the final whistle - they don’t have sky sports! 
I’ve just been reading some news sites and I can’t believe the vile comments in some of them! We’ve had a brilliant season. 
Watched some of the pitch scenes at Anfield when I got home last night, I love seeing all the players kids. Klopp was great with them all. 
No one expected us to win the league yesterday and yet there’s so much disappointment. We’d better win in Paris! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's mad that the Premier League can't see how City's wealth is damaging their product. A league with one dominant team hoovering everything up, by virtue of being Considerably Richer Than Yow, is boring. City's money means that even Chelsea and United have been unable to compete for years; it's only the brilliance of Klopp that maintains the illusion of a competitive league.

Well,it's United then Chelsea who begun this 'Harlem Globetrotters' approach so I have no sympathy for either of them. My sympathy lies with the majority of clubs who are trying to run themselves like a normal business by staying within guidelines which allow them to operate for the foreseeable future. Now it's just a race to see who is more attractive to a potential tin pot foreign regime that needs their filthy lucre washing.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Well,it's United then Chelsea who begun this 'Harlem Globetrotters' approach so I have no sympathy for either of them. My sympathy lies with the majority of clubs who are trying to run themselves like a normal business by staying within guidelines which allow them to operate for the foreseeable future. Now it's just a race to see who is more attractive to a potential tin pot foreign regime that needs their filthy lucre washing.

I’m not sure that’s entirely fair on Manchester United. They make shitloads of money and spend accordingly, unlike City or Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, suzy said:

Well I’m glad I went to babysit my grandson straight after the final whistle - they don’t have sky sports! 
I’ve just been reading some news sites and I can’t believe the vile comments in some of them! We’ve had a brilliant season. 
Watched some of the pitch scenes at Anfield when I got home last night, I love seeing all the players kids. Klopp was great with them all. 
No one expected us to win the league yesterday and yet there’s so much disappointment. We’d better win in Paris! 

Life's too short to read online comments - best to stay away I find. 

I did see the Liam Gallagher amd.Gary Neville stuff though - find it weird that some fans revel in the misfortune of other teams rather than celebrating the achievement of their own.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Life's too short to read online comments - best to stay away I find. 

I did see the Liam Gallagher amd.Gary Neville stuff though - find it weird that some fans revel in the misfortune of other teams rather than celebrating the achievement of their own.

Indeed. Carra and Gallagher have had a Twitter spat too! Gallagher said  Oasis were better than The Beatles - haha!

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Don't get me wrong mate, I fucking hate Man Utd and everything they stand for, and I agree they opened the floodgates to ruin football a bit in the 90s, but their ability to generate money is not the same thing as what Abramovich and Abu Dhabi and Qatar have done. They did at least earn the millions they've spent. They didn't rely on stolen billions from the fall of communism or the sovereign wealth fund of a petrostate like Chelsea and City and PSG do.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

And they didn't cook the books the way those clubs have either.

They just had a bullying manager and team who used to intimidatie referees and officisl and a compliant media who invented a term which essentially legitimised cheating.

Can’t help but feel disappointed especially as at one point they were 2-0 down and we just needed a goal. Unfortunately Villa capitulated as many thought they would but that little tease is what makes it feel more gutting. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again this season from this squad and manager has been superb and it’s been great fun. We’ve got two cups and have the chance of a 3rd. It’s amazing and I couldn’t be prouder of the team. I don’t care what the other fans think. This has been a brilliant ride and it’s still not over yet. 

40 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Can’t help but feel disappointed especially as at one point they were 2-0 down and we just needed a goal. Unfortunately Villa capitulated as many thought they would but that little tease is what makes it feel more gutting. 

Do you want to feel worse? Watching MOTD last night, I couldn't help but think that Martinez would have done better on City's goals.