You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Sun 22nd May 2022 (4:00pm)

Trumo

Naturally gutted but we've done everything to win the league in 3 of the 4 previous seasons and have only failed to beat a cheat. Can only be proud of the effort and the absolute cajones in our club. Time to move on to being s nervous wreck for another week now.

Anyways, we'll probably get awarded these titles in around 20 years time when the PL eventually finish their investigation.

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Naturally gutted but we've done everything to win the league in 3 of the 4 previous seasons and have only failed to beat a cheat. Can only be proud of the effort and the absolute cajones in our club. Time to move on to being s nervous wreck for another week now.

Anyways, we'll probably get awarded these titles in around 20 years time when the PL eventually finish their investigation.

It'll be mad Old Ole picking up a title.

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

The PL will finish their investigation 2 months after the first Super League season kicks off.

The facts remain....

We have won 2 trophies already, we’ve had 3 days out at Wembley, we’ve fought for the league to the last minute of the last day with oil rich shithouses and go to Paris on Saturday with a chance to be Champions of Europe for the 7th time.

If we lose? We've had an incredible journey, if we win? Wow…..

We are Liverpool.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Just got back in (in haste, whoever used to say that).  We didn't do it, but fucking hell, what a ride.  I was in 306, so it's always difficult to judge the atmosphere in the rest of the Kop, let alone the ground, but it seemed so unified today, e.g. extended YNWA (George turned it off didn't he?) and the YNWA at half time.

Not read any reports on the BBC/Guardian etc - and not likely too and MOTD will be getting a big swerve - but was that rumour of 3-3 from a disallowed goal?  I looked across at the Kenny execuative boxes and that is were the celebration originated from.  Once it was quelled then it was such a weird atmosphere  on the Kop, was just talking - sounded like when you are between bands at a gig when no tunes are playing.

As a side note, I live in Manchester and walked across town to where I live and you wouldn't know they'd just won the league.  A few idiots singing about being mushrooms in Piccadilly station, and one blert in the kebab shop and that was it.  What a fucking nothing club.

Onwards and upwards redmen!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Just got back in (in haste, whoever used to say that).  We didn't do it, but fucking hell, what a ride.  I was in 306, so it's always difficult to judge the atmosphere in the rest of the Kop, let alone the ground, but it seemed so unified today, e.g. extended YNWA (George turned it off didn't he?) and the YNWA at half time.

Not read any reports on the BBC/Guardian etc - and not likely too and MOTD will be getting a big swerve - but was that rumour of 3-3 from a disallowed goal?  I looked across at the Kenny execuative boxes and that is were the celebration originated from.  Once it was quelled then it was such a weird atmosphere  on the Kop, was just talking - sounded like when you are between bands at a gig when no tunes are playing.

As a side note, I live in Manchester and walked across town to where I live and you wouldn't know they'd just won the league.  A few idiots singing about being mushrooms in Piccadilly station, and one blert in the kebab shop and that was it.  What a fucking nothing club.

Onwards and upwards redmen!

Citeh fans live in Stockport. 

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

We didn't beat any of the other top four sides this season. I don't think we've serious cause for complaint.

We should be beating our closest rivals at home, at least, if we want to win the league. 

Erm, and they didn’t beat us either. And we would have beaten a spurs away except for corrupt officiating. And those 2 extra points we should have had at Spurs would have been decisive 

Neither game developed as expected, although even my wildest dream about Villa ended with them collapsing. But it's not a game or a day to feel sorry for ourselves. You can only feel sorry for these magnificent players who have given so much all season. I just hope they finish with the other cup.

If i were the club, id be asking for Mike Riley to be sacked and both officals that were involved in the Everton game to go. Their incompetence for that handball has effectively won city the league. 

They have influenced the result of the title. Its absolutely scandalous and if it was Italy that this happened we all would be saying its corruption. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, redinblack said:

On The Guardian just now, Reds queuing up to congratulate City and say they were worthy champions.

Fuck Off

Not a real red if you do shit like that, or a real footy fan for that matter. 

Most fans resent Liverpool because we've had success and nights they'll never have as long as they live, we dine at the top table with the big boys, respected by the big clubs and the great names. Ajax fans don't know who Leeds are, or Everton, nor do they care, but they sing our songs on the terrace.

It'd be like being a pub banjo player and accidentally stumbling into a rock hall of fame reception with some of the biggest names in music. You'd feel out of your depth, jealous, resentful.

City are the champions of these small club also rans, because they know how it feels, to their core. They stumble into the Waldorf reception dressed like new money with coke under their nose, spew up on the floor and throw a roll of fifties at the concierge.

Everyone puts their head down and waits for them to get ejected, they call you all a bunch of cunts as they're thrown out, then they piss in the doorway, jump into their Audi TT and crash into a fire hydrant.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

If i were the club, id be asking for Mike Riley to be sacked and both officals that were involved in the Everton game to go. Their incompetence for that handball has effectively won city the league. 

They have influenced the result of the title. Its absolutely scandalous and if it was Italy that this happened we all would be saying its corruption. 

There's that game but the biggest one for me was when they beat Arsenal away. They got absolutely battered, some dodgy decisions and fluked a win at the end. Cunts.

I was really angry for the last few hours, I've calmed down a little now. The injury time Oliver played in the city game today was a joke. Wtf was that all about?!

People say teams capitulate against city, but to be honest, their slow build up play allows them to ring fence an opponent's penalty area. It boxes teams in, sustaining attacks and pressure. It's fucking boring to watch like and I'd take our style any day of the week.

I never allowed myself to dream today, even when it was 2-0 to Villa, but only because we were so poor today. We could and should have lost that game. It was absolute chaos and I can't remember us playing that bad, ever. It's a little worrying that under pressure we produced that kind of display. Especially with the champions league final coming up.

We weren't running on fumes, many were  well rested. It was because it turned into a basketball match in the first half. We gassed out, because we lost our heads and had players all over the gaff and out of position sprinting back constantly. Jota and Robertson were both really bad today.

But, we still won. Amazing. This fucking team has some balls. To play that badly and have that much pressure on them to score and still win was fucking incredible. 

Losing Thiago is a huge blow for the final. But, what we lack in quality we make up ten fold with balls and character and it should still see us lift number 7. Apologies for the long post, I'm gutted but still proud of our team and manager. One more huge game to go, let's take all our disappointment out on Madrid and get that revenge.

11 minutes ago, redinblack said:

On The Guardian just now, Reds queuing up to congratulate City and say they were worthy champions.

Fuck Off

Superfans trying to prove how sporting like they are.

We seem to collect them

Think it's a bit harsh to say villa collapsed  tbh..very few people gave them an iota of a chance before the game and they were 2 0 up with 15 mins to go..I think city just turned it round..they did it the week before against West ham and they have obviously got an outstanding team.

However their fans showed true class by winning the title in dramatic fashion and celebrated by singing a song a song about Stephen gerrrard slipping over 10 years ago.

46 minutes ago, an tha said:

The facts remain....

We have won 2 trophies already, we’ve had 3 days out at Wembley, we’ve fought for the league to the last minute of the last day with oil rich shithouses and go to Paris on Saturday with a chance to be Champions of Europe for the 7th time.

If we lose? We've had an incredible journey, if we win? Wow…..

We are Liverpool.

Spot on

22 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Fuck Off

Robertson was saying the same shit and more in his interview after the game.

I can't really place any blame on Villa conceding 3 late on, with the pressure heavily on, having had the temerity to have gone 2 up. But rather, wish other teams would show up, have a go and take a lead against them throughout the season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Not a real red if you do shit like that, or a real footy fan for that matter. 

Most fans resent Liverpool because we've had success and nights they'll never have as long as they live, we dine at the top table with the big boys, respected by the big clubs and the great names. Ajax fans don't know who Leeds are, or Everton, nor do they care, but they sing our songs on the terrace.

It'd be like being a pub banjo player and accidentally stumbling into a rock hall of fame reception with some of the biggest names in music. You'd feel out of your depth, jealous, resentful.

City are the champions of these small club also rans, because they know how it feels, to their core. They stumble into the Waldorf reception dressed like new money with coke under their nose, spew up on the floor and throw a roll of fifties at the concierge.

Everyone puts their head down and waits for them to get ejected, they call you all a bunch of cunts as they're thrown out, then they piss in the doorway, jump into their Audi TT and crash into a fire hydrant.

Pissing myself at that last paragraph

I'd feel a decent bit better if Gerrard wasn't in the situation he was in today. 2-0 up against them near the end of the game and just hoping for us to win, then that happened. My head was fucked refreshing livescore never mind actually watching us. As soon as they got one goal back though I guessed it was over then the rest happened. Another win for the oil club and Newcastle could be at the top in the coming years too. Total joke and our league is almost fucked. It feels almost like a miracle how we've rivalled them in recent years too, we've been amazing.

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

We could be better by winning the quadruple, sure. I'm not entirely convinced that calling our players pieces of shit on a forum is going to improve us much, but I'm up for anything. 

no, we can be a better team.  Players get slagged off during the games, it happens at the game as well as on here.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The PL will finish their investigation 2 months after the first Super League season kicks off.

It's mad that the Premier League can't see how City's wealth is damaging their product. A league with one dominant team hoovering everything up, by virtue of being Considerably Richer Than Yow, is boring. City's money means that even Chelsea and United have been unable to compete for years; it's only the brilliance of Klopp that maintains the illusion of a competitive league.

• Upvote 2