You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Sun 22nd May 2022 (4:00pm)

Trumo

3 minutes ago, fungus said:

92pts is a monumental effort, can't be singling out individual games for where it went wrong as nobody should be losing the league on 92pts

Exactly this. 

yes, we can definitely look at games where we should have won, but we also pulled a couple of wins out of the bag when we weren’t at our best either. Its just the ebb and flow of a league season and until City turned up was always the same. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m not upset at all. We won, all we could do, and gave it everything. 92 points says we can’t have a go at any of our players today. Each and everyone of them did the best they could. Fucking proud of them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

There's no point talking about City's wrongdoing. Football opened itself up with Abramovich before that and it took a war to get him out. The Super League would have been a solution to stop future Man City's, an imperfect one, but  a solution still. Unless there's something UAE do to piss off the world, City will keep doing what they do.

The whole nature of it makes it feel so bad. 2nd time it’s happened now too. So fucking frustrating.

That covid Christmas period absolutely fucked us. Spurs missing our Midfield and VVD and the refereeing and then that 1-0 loss to that depleted Leicester side while missing a pen. 

However, you can’t be anything but extremely proud of them. 2 cups in the bag and we have been absolutely sensational the 2nd half of the season and Paris to look forward to.

In many ways our success has masked what the league has become. Take us out the mix and it's just a walk in the park for city year after year. The fact you don't expect any side to be able to put up a fight against them says it all, I've never been as certain of anything as I was Villa would get beat by them.

Simple fans up and down the land will be buzzing that we've lost, but don't have the brains to realise they've all become footnotes in someone else's story.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

We didn't beat any of the other top four sides this season. I don't think we've serious cause for complaint.

We should be beating our closest rivals at home, at least, if we want to win the league. 

Agree and disagree. We’ve plenty to complain about in terms of egregious decisions like England’s Harry Kane not being sent off against us and Rodri’s handball at Everton.

We do need to give City a trimming at Anfield, though. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Exactly this. We’re running on fumes. Their heads had gone - we score five minutes sooner and we win it. 

I was also thinking about fumes, but then we find a way to win 3-1. It wasn’t great to watch, not helped by feeling the pressure when Villa were winning.  But we ended up winning 3-1 against a team who can be problematic. 

I’m not expecting the European Cup Final to be a classic to be honest. 

• Upvote 1

The premier League and UEFA are compilicit in all of this. Don't waste your time thinking anything will come of this. 

It's why Madrid, Barca and Juve are determined to get the super league going with a set of rules that the clubs themselves can police. 

I imagine the Haaland and Mbappe transfers will only embolden these clubs to move sooner. They are already being left behind. 

Anyway, proud of the performance in the league, it's needs to be close to perfect to best them and we fell just short.

Looking back on it Afcon fucked Mo up. 

I would be worried about next week, team is running on fumes now. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Bobby, it's not about being overemotional, it's about a year long list of posts about how this player is a 'piece of shit' or a 'useless cunt'. It's one think if it's Igor Biscan, it's another thing if it's Hendo or Robbo or the men that have made the team one of the very best in the world again, good men. It's fucking out of line. I know it won't stop, but I think one post in the opposite direction isn't too much to stomach. 

We could be better though.  Surely that’s the objective? 

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck them. Nobody in football other than their own fans give a flying fuck. Even utd fans wanted them to win today which shows how small time they are. Noting they win matters. 

In 6 days time, something that matters will be happening. And guess what, we will be there while the world watches two genuinely huge football clubs play for the biggest prize in club football. 

We achieve the dreams of every football fan in the country. 

You'd be amazed how many leeds fans will be double celebrating their own shitcunts staying up and city winning the league. Comes under the misguided and highly uneducated banner of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", such is their obsession of hating man u over everything else. Fucking gutted leeds stayed up. 

• Upvote 2

It’s hard not to feel fucking deflated after that. I know no one expected City to fuck up but to be 2-0 down going into the last 15 minutes…..

I fucking despise them. Had to just turn that shit off the second they cut away from Anfield. Makes my stomach turn. Anyway a few days at work then off to Paris on Friday. It could be worse. That looks a lot more difficult now with no Thiago though. Last time this happened we won the European Cup and wrapped the league up the next season so we shouldn’t be too hasty in bemoaning our luck for next season. We were so fucking close though. So close. Cunts. 

• Upvote 2

Tbh I'm over it already. We did our bit today so have nothing to be ashamed of. We've had a massive 3 games in the last 8 days (one of them an exhausting cup final) and came through in all of them. We pushed the all powerful, all conquering and multi billionaire state funded City to a point where they just about scraped over the line in the end. 

I'm looking forward to next Saturday now. Roll on No 7.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

It wasn't to be. They showed the goals at the Etihad during our game and Tyrone Mings, surprise surprise, was culpable for at least one of the City goals with a woeful clearance while his team were clearly under the cosh. He can be relied upon to do that.

When I first saw the replay of the Wolves goal, I was sure that Jimenez was beyond the last defender when the ball was cleared upfield by their keeper, and I was also convinced that Ibou never touched the ball, so unless I've mis-read the situation, play should havebeen pulled back for the offside.

You can't be offside from a goal kick mate

25 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

We didn't beat any of the other top four sides this season. I don't think we've serious cause for complaint.

We should be beating our closest rivals at home, at least, if we want to win the league. 

The home game with City will always be a frustrating one as we had the lead until very late on. Still, 2 draws against them so it's not really what decided the title. We dropped 4 points against Spurs, but one of those included some disgraceful officiating and Spurs also had the quality to beat City twice. The 2 draws with Chelsea were pretty costly considering City beat them comfortably both times. For whatever reason they seemed to easily have the beating of Chelsea this season, whereas we didn't. Quite surprising considering Chelsea did so well against them in cup competitions at the end of last season. But when you get to 92 points it's hard to be too critical of any single games. In any other era this team would have won their 3rd title in 4 seasons with the points totals they've achieved.

16 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Tbh I'm over it already. We did our bit today so have nothing to be ashamed of. We've had a massive 3 games in the last 8 days (one of them an exhausting cup final) and came through in all of them. We pushed the all powerful, all conquering and multi billionaire state funded City to a point where they just about scraped over the line in the end. 

I'm looking forward to next Saturday now. Roll on No 7.

This. Fuck everyone who isn’t us.

• Upvote 1

I think the only thing that softens the blow today is that we were never actually ahead when it mattered. I expected both teams to win comfortably before kickoff. When it was 0-2 in their game and 1-1 in ours I was starting to sense a real doomsday scenario where they lost and we failed to take advantage. That would have been far more gutting. And in truth we weren't looking much like scoring at that point. In fact, Wolves probably should have been ahead. Can't remember which of their players it was, but all they had to do was square it to Hwang for a simple tap in and they completely overhit the pass. By the time we scored City had already completed their comeback. It would have been far more gutting if we'd been cruising and City had been losing 0-2 and then come back. I saw a few people earlier say maybe City's comeback wouldn't have happened if they'd known we were winning. But we'll never know if that would have been true or not. City certainly would have been playing under the assumption that sooner or later we'd have gone in front.

Then there was that one last fleeting bit of hope when parts of the crowd started celebrating after some misinformation about a Villa equalizer. Don't know how many people heard it in the ground or how long before it became apparent it wasn't true, but watching it at home the commentators debunked it before I even had chance to get my hopes up (and I'm just glad it wasn't Martin Tyler on commentary today as I'm sure he wouldn't have been able to hide his delight when delivering the news). Didn't a similar thing happen 3 years ago when the crowd all thought Brighton had gone 2-0 up against City, when in fact it was actually a City equalizer?

42 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

You'd be amazed how many leeds fans will be double celebrating their own shitcunts staying up and city winning the league. Comes under the misguided and highly uneducated banner of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", such is their obsession of hating man u over everything else. Fucking gutted leeds stayed up. 

Fuck them.