You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Sun 22nd May 2022 (4:00pm)

Trumo

36 minutes ago, magicrat said:

We could try beating City in the league next season. Might do the trick.  IMO more down to the two drawn games than any of the other slip ups. They had few poor results as did we against lesser teams. 

2 deflections off Matip stopped thy happening 

not blaming him, just the story of the season. We win at Anfield, they capitulate.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nothing will come of it.

The PL have evidence of City wrongdoing but just sit on it.

The PL have approved a state with an appalling human rights record to become club owners.

The PL have allowed Everton to cheat FFP with massively inflated Covid offsets to the detriment of other clubs.

The PL are not fit for purpose.

One Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson may have had something to do with that as well, if you didn't hate him enough already.

6 minutes ago, J-V said:

We wern't ahead this time and lost the League in a 5min spell in the last game of the Season

We can pick any game where we failed to get maximum points and say ‘thats where we lost it’ but not today for me. We needed to win, they needed to win. 

We failed to get important results early in the season. The vast majority of our draws were well before xmas, and we didn’t have the edge on the other top teams, failing to beat them. As for the West Ham game…that’s the game that really pissed me off.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

We can pick any game where we failed to get maximum points and say ‘thats where we lost it’ but not today for me. We needed to win, they needed to win. 

We failed to get important results early in the season. The vast majority of our draws were well before xmas, and we didn’t have the edge in the other top teams, failing to beat them. As for the West Ham game…that’s the game that really pissed me off.

I mean look at the Worldie from Kovacic the cunt won't score another in his life like it.  You could go around in circles with where we dropped points.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Im genuinely fucking gutted

The irrational part of me is wondering if we were winning while city were 2-0 it would have knocked the stuffing out of them with a mountain to climb. 

Can't believe we were so fucking shite that first half. 

This

1 minute ago, J-V said:

I mean look at the Worldie from Kovacic the cunt won't score another in his life.  You could go around in circles with where we dropped points.

Yip. And to beat City in the league cup semi and Chelsea in the final of both cups, but couldn’t do it in the league. 

I’m not knocking the lads, its just a bit of hindsight, but the league requires a perfection that we haven’t quite had the last two seasons, even with additional strength added.

Having had 20 minutes to calm down. What a fucking team and Club this is the fact we're were talking about a quadruple on the LAST day of the season is unbelievable and the fact that has happened with City and Chelsea spend money like its nothing is even better. Hopefully Salah and Mane sign new contracts we add a couple of new faces in Midfield and on the right side forward position and we go again next season. Gutted tonight but fucking proud, I'm going to Paris next week and can't wait up the fucking reds.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He's mediocre. Midfield needs upgrading.

He’s not as good as mediocre he really isn’t, he’s fucking atrocious. Midfield needs an overhaul. Thiago is made of digestives, Henderson is getting towards the end, Milner is 132 and Jones has done nothing to suggest he has a future here. Fabinho is our best midfielder and even he likes an injury. A lot of work to be done with the midfield imo. 

The Brighton home game was the one for me. 2-0 up in that and we fuck it up. 

I can't wait for the day other teams starts losing out on the league to these cheats on a regular basis like we have. 

One of our greatest periods in out history and we've be denied atleast 3 titles due to these cheats. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Yip. And to beat City in the league cup semi and Chelsea in the final of both cups, but couldn’t do it in the league. 

I’m not knocking the lads, its just a bit of hindsight, but the league requires a perfection that we haven’t quite had the last two seasons, even with additional strength added.

We didn't beat Chelsea in 90mins at all to be fair.

Fine margins and all that.  If the bald fraud fucked off we'd clean up every season.

Fuck them. Nobody in football other than their own fans give a flying fuck. Even utd fans wanted them to win today which shows how small time they are. Noting they win matters. 

In 6 days time, something that matters will be happening. And guess what, we will be there while the world watches two genuinely huge football clubs play for the biggest prize in club football. 

We achieve the dreams of every football fan in the country. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

I mean, we can look at fine margins all day long, it all depended on today.

I think thats the second time now, we have finished second having lost only two games (Rafa's men in 2008/09) done it.

Its  difficult too to not be gutted. Three goals in five minutes cost us today.

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

The Brighton home game was the one for me. 2-0 up in that and we fuck it up. 

I can't wait for the day other teams starts losing out on the league to these cheats on a regular basis like we have. 

One of our greatest periods in out history and we've be denied atleast 3 titles due to these cheats. 

It’ll be three after next season with Haaland scaring the living daylights out of the dross, but it’s only two so far.

As for other teams losing out, I fear it won’t happen - Newcastle and City will play pass the title as the masses look gormlessly on, wondering how on earth they do it.

10 minutes ago, J-V said:

I mean look at the Worldie from Kovacic the cunt won't score another in his life like it.  You could go around in circles with where we dropped points.

You can also look at how City were gifted 4 extra points due to corrupt refereeing in two games where City handballs were caught on camera, one incident leading to an official apology from the refereeing clan leader.  Unprecedented.  "Sorry, we saw it but we didn't give it". 

9 minutes ago, J-V said:

We didn't beat Chelsea in 90mins at all to be fair.

Fine margins and all that.  If the bald fraud fucked off we'd clean up every season.

The cunt even got 2 mins shaved off the end of injury time today by waving his hands at the referee.   The ref obliged.  Despite Ederson sitting down for half of injury time with a phantom hamstring problem. 

1 minute ago, John102 said:

Pretty infuriating that this City team is under investigation by the league and it's all high fives from everyone when they win and what a great job

Gary Neville has questioned their ownership, but not with any great strength or passion. Jamie Carragher was giving it the ‘that’s what great champions do’ stuff today before our game was even over. 

5 minutes ago, John102 said:

Pretty infuriating that this City team is under investigation by the league and it's all high fives from everyone when they win and what a great job

What are they under investifation for they've already been found to be cheating by Uefa. Open and shut case for the PL bar the League's Corruption of course.

But nothing will come of it then the Super League will come around again and all the little mongs will shit themselves once more.

The league would be an utter joke of a competition if it wasn’t for us. 

It’s was obviously good when we won it. And we’ve pushed City close a few other times too. 

The hope is that we can beat them in one of the games next season and that improvement comes from Chelsea, Spurs and United to maybe take points from them. 

If not, then do we really want to play a contributory part in a continuing farce? Just concentrate on getting in the Champions League and trying to win that and the cups and let them piss the league by 30 points every season. 

It sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your own face, but it might make the penny drop?