You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) - Sun 22nd May 2022 (4:00pm)

Trumo

On 20/05/2022 at 18:00, Aventus said:

Respective records this season of Anthony Taylor... IMG_20220520_173835.thumb.jpg.a4db144eb7198175742f50bb8dc394d3.jpg

And Michael Oliver... IMG_20220520_174043.thumb.jpg.67858ef2e6b32a8502f0d1ffa23972c3.jpg

Shame the refs aren't switched around, Taylor doesn't seem to like man city much. 

Does that add more weight to the theory of Taylor being a Red Manc? 

• Upvote 1

I've been calm all week about today, knowing that city won't drop the points needed for us to win the league but clearly my subconscious has different ideas.

I had three separate dreams about it last night, all of them with city doing exactly what I've been saying all week they won't. 

All we can do is get the points and you hope for the best but it's always the hope that kills you. 

Up the mighty reds 

I genuinely forgot that today was the final day of the season. I was looking at my iPad in bed this morning and then did my usual check of news agencies and when checking sports remembered it was the last day.

My conscious, subconscious, heart, head, and any other part you want to talk about are all absolutely at peace with Man City being 2-0 up within 15-20 minutes. 

I genuinely think we’re more likely to drop points today than Man City are. 

• Upvote 1

I am actually at peace with it now.

We've taken all 4 down to the very last possible games....we are likely gonna get 90 plus pts yet again....

We haven't thrown it away or "bottled it" - we are unbeaten in months and months...1 pt gap stayed at 1 pt for about half season....

We have a european cup final next week, our 3rd in 5 years.

There is a tiny, tiny chance we could win league today, but it isn't in our hands and frankly they have an absolute gimme vs a shite team at home who played less than 72 hrs ago.

Oh and we've already won 2 trophies.

We can do no more.

I'll be devoed if we lose next week regardless of being an incredible season where nobody else has ever done what we have.

But after feeling angry and cheated a couple of weeks ago about league - i am at peace with it now and proud of the 2 trophies....i'll still be proud if it ends with just the 2 but as i say devoed not to win old big ears again.

Just hope we end with a win, pick up no injuries for next week and players get the send off they so richly deserve...if a miracle happens today - well it will be incredible and no group of players or manager could deserve it more, but not hanging hopes on it and regardless it has been a fucking unreal journey this season with the biggest game in football to come next week whatever happens today!

This team, this manager and his staff have given us a season to never forget - that is the case whatever happens today.

• Upvote 2

Article in the i yesterday, by Sam Cunningham, entitled So, Who Deserves The Title More?, comparing us and city in several areas over the past 4 seasons, these being Styles, Likeability (?), Stats and Spending.

Basically (arguably?) he deduced there’s nothing to choose between the two until the Spending bit where he says “…..that Liverpool have achieved so much with less than half the net spend (£200m to £500m) ultimately makes Liverpool the deserving winners.”

Maybe, not that it means beans at the end of the day, some of the journo’s are finally beginning to see through city and their owners.

Have come into the office for a few hours before heading home to watch the match. Decided to detour and drive past Anfield on the way in. Gave it a little fist pump. It was 8.30am so it was a bit dead apart from flag and scarf sellers. The calm before, hopefully, the storm.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Origi to start I reckon with Salah coming on at 60 mins regardless of the score so he can get game time in his legs, and Divock gets the big send off from the fans. 

Balls to that.  It’s a must win game and a chance to prepare for Paris.

Origi can come on for a round of applause near the end.  It’s gonna be really weird when the grandkids are watching his highlight real and telling you he must have been world class.  When in reality he’s a player, no one ever wanted to see starting.

My fantasy yesterday was that we were drawing until the final minute then Salah scores a worldie . Meanwhile at the Emtyhad City lead 1-0 going into stoppage time. Dying seconds Villa get a dodgy pen and score the rebound after Edison pulls off a wonder save.  In the cold light of day I expect it done and dusted by HT with the cunts 3-0 up. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Origi to start I reckon with Salah coming on at 60 mins regardless of the score so he can get game time in his legs, and Divock gets the big send off from the fans. 

Salah will want the golden boot.

59 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Article in the i yesterday, by Sam Cunningham, entitled So, Who Deserves The Title More?, comparing us and city in several areas over the past 4 seasons, these being Styles, Likeability (?), Stats and Spending.

Basically (arguably?) he deduced there’s nothing to choose between the two until the Spending bit where he says “…..that Liverpool have achieved so much with less than half the net spend (£200m to £500m) ultimately makes Liverpool the deserving winners.”

Maybe, not that it means beans at the end of the day, some of the journo’s are finally beginning to see through city and their owners.

It's not just the spending though, many clubs spend more than others it's the cooking of the books. Those sponsorship deals.

3 hours ago, Sweeney287 said:

I've been calm all week about today, knowing that city won't drop the points needed for us to win the league but clearly my subconscious has different ideas.

I had three separate dreams about it last night, all of them with city doing exactly what I've been saying all week they won't. 

All we can do is get the points and you hope for the best but it's always the hope that kills you. 

Up the mighty reds 

I've been the same all week but today is different. Seeing the trophy at anfield makes it a real possibility, imagine the scenes if it works out for us, absolutely nuts. 

Cmon the red men 

FB_IMG_1653217701857.jpg

I am hoping beyond hope of an event that will disrupt City's mental resolve and belief. Something totally unexpected. Out of the blue.

Ederson is injured in the warm-up. Then a defender is sent off for something crazy. Doubt sets in. Villa score a couple of counters. City have it all to do in the second half but fight back for a draw.

At Anfield: 0-0. 92nd minute Mo latches onto a ball out of nothing. Clearly on-side and thru on goal. Calm. Elegance. The ball is guided past the despairing keeper and Mo turns towards the Kop just as the ball enters the net. The net bulges. Pandemonium. Disbelief. Adrenalin.