You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - Tue 17th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

Konate MOTM for me.

Not the greatest challenge possible tonight, but he moved from right to left without a hitch.

The back-ups who played today all tie for runner-up.

A bit like Jota's pen the other night--a chance to lose the Prem, though not win it. And they reacted like champs.

Dull match, but a brilliant performance.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Konate MOTM for me.

Not the greatest challenge possible tonight, but he moved from right to left without a hitch.

A bit like Jota's pen the other night--a chance to lose the Prem, though not win it. And they reacted like champs.

I love how he builds up to pace.

Remember playing Mario Kart and if you chose either Bowser or Donkey Kong they would both start off slow from standing still and then gradually get up to speed and catch and pass the others? That's Konate.

• Upvote 1

I was out and couldn't find a decent stream so had to catch up on the highlights. I was following the game on the Manchester Guardian minute by minute and they made it seem like the 'alleged' foul on the lead up to their goal was debatable. Fuck me, he cleaned Jota out of it.

The state of Tyler on the Minamino goal as well. A brilliant move and emphatic finish and the old goat sounded like his dog had been run over. That senile cunt being put on our games feels like a trolling job on Sky's part.

All those changes and the lads still got it done. What a fucking team.

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Reckon Curtis could use a loan. A season of playing week in week out would be great for him.

Fulham or Bournemouth wouldn’t be bad actually. Progressive ball playing sides.

Thing is if we let him out on loan who plays his minutes...he has featured in 27 games this season, and he missed ages with an injury....he'll likely be needed in a similar amount next year.

We are likely offloading Oxlade - Milner will surely play even less.

Hopefully we will bring a midfielder or 2 in, but i'd keep him here - he'll be needed.

The fact the game was played today is a farce. A league played over 9 months and they make one side play 2 days after 120 minutes at Wembley. To confound it they award a goal that is a disgrace to the sport, Atkinson is a cunt, I always knew that but didn't know he was from West Yorkshire until today. I hope him and Tyler get aids the next they're bumming ladyboys.

• Downvote 1

Just now, No2 said:

The fact the game was played today is a farce. A league played over 9 months and they make one side play 2 days after 120 minutes at Wembley. To confound it they award a goal that is a disgrace to the sport, Atkinson is a cunt, I always knew that but didn't know he was from West Yorkshire until today. I hope him and Tyler get aids the next they're bumming ladyboys.

Fuck, man... that much hate after a win.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I love how he builds up to pace.

Remember playing Mario Kart and if you chose either Bowser or Donkey Kong they would both start off slow from standing still and then gradually get up to speed and catch and pass the others? That's Konate.

Even Usain Fucking Bolt was a relatively slow starter. Once he got to top speed though, game over. 

Hasenhuttl was very adamant before the game that they were going to give us a big challenge and make it really hard. They didn't really. It was the classic not very intense performance of a team with not a lot to play for. But at the same time, we did exactly what we had to do and with a weakened team. It was really good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Its so wrong that this side is denied another title by a cheating sportswashing group. That's not sport, the Olympics corrects the wrongs, football should too. We are the only side giving the illusion that this league hasn't been completely bought. If the Premier league is owned and run by the clubs in it why has it allowed its own  league to be shafted so hard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Konate MOTM for me.

Yeah,Konate was brilliant. Having Milner and Hendo on the pitch also helped the young players get through the game in a calm and positive manner. Matip and Konate are both among the players of the season too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Its so wrong that this side is denied another title by a cheating sportswashing group. That's not sport, the Olympics corrects the wrongs, football should too. We are the only side giving the illusion that this league hasn't been completely bought. If the Premier league is owned and run by the clubs in it why has it allowed its own  league to be shafted so hard.

Yeah, it's so disappointing. They've built a side that just fucking steamrollers shit teams like a machine and picks up loads of points, but there's a reason they've not won in Europe.