You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - Tue 17th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

Just now, DaveT said:

Carragher now agreeing it was a foul

But but but it was a long way from goal and he still had a lot to do, so it was ok. Atleast according to Carragher. He really is a moron as a commentator. 

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

It's unlikely, but the fact that City have to go to the last day is enough for me. Would be fucking hilarious if they threw it away. Preferably conceding the type of deflected goal or dubious penalty they've profited from this (and every) season.

I think with their CBs being out apart from Laporte Ings and Watkins are pests if Antonio was any kind of finisher (like ings or Watkins) West ham would have buried City. Instead and Watkins will get chances on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

2 games of season left.

League Cup - Won

FA Cup - Won

Game 1 - Can possibly win League

Game 2 - Can possibly win The European Cup

These are the days, folks.

These are the fucking days.

If we do all four, I might retire from football myself, never watch another game. Quit at the very top. 

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

2 games of season left.

League Cup - Won

FA Cup - Won

Quote yourself so I can rep this again.

13 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Gomez injury looked relatively mild by his bad luck standards. He’s done fine in that unnatural right back position. Wouldn’t be moving him on in the summer, and why would he want to go himself? 

Agree on Konate. Another great signing. Our transfer windows from now on are about freshening up an already brilliant, young squad. Midfielder next, please. 

We need Gomez....don't want to be back down to 3 proper centre halves and even though he is not idea at right back he of course offers cover there as well.

He shouldn't be going anywhere....if he of course wants out then we need to work hard to find someone as good to replace him.

Midfield is absolutely the area we can still improve things

2 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

I think with their CBs being out apart from Laporte Ings and Watkins are pests if Antonio was any kind of finisher (like ings or Watkins) West ham would have buried City. Instead and Watkins will get chances on Sunday.

Depends on which game Stevie prioritises, I think he might go full strength against Burnley and rotate a bit for Manchester City.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

2 games of season left.

League Cup - Won

FA Cup - Won

Out of rep but fucking spot on 

10 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

True mate. I think he could become a superstar if everything could come together for him. He's so good on the ball. 

Yes. The amount of time he makes for himself is crazy. I was watching with the sound down, thanks to Tyler, and I sometimes thought the ref must have blown, because he seemed to have found enough space without any defenders moving. As you say, he's got the talent, he just has to really push on now.

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Quote yourself so I can rep this again.

It feels so good i am gonna just fucking repeat it!

2 games of season left.

League Cup - Won

FA Cup - Won

Game 2 - Can possibly win The European Cup

• Upvote 6

That was a very good performance considering it was largely a scratch starting XI. The 3 points is all that matter but apart from a slightly dicey last 5 minutes, we were well on top in this one. The only blemish is the knock suffered by Joe shortly before half time.

We take it to the final day, and can only continue to approach our game with full focus and application as we have been all season. Is there a twist in the tale yet?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mark M said:

What a team. Just when I think I couldn’t love them anymore the fringe players come in and perform like that from going a goal down.

Brilliant! 
I hope Pep is getting into his own head and melting his brain. 

What Klopp has built here, when it comes to quality and team spirit, is just unreal.

We change 9 players from Saturday, meaning not only we field weaker players, but also a team that isn’t settled and used to playing together. We fall behind away at an out of form, but still decent PL team, and is cheated by a useless and possibly biased ref for 90 minutes.. Still we outplay them for about 85 minutes, and win deservedly.

Winning after falling behind is a rare thing at this level. We do it with this team, when the pressure is on and away from home.

What Klopp is doing here is unbelievable and his achievements probably wont be fully understood or appreciated until after he’s gone.

• Upvote 2

This  thing with Tyler is getting more traction than I've ever seen it before,  it's not just on here that people see it its all over Twitter from accounts I have no connection with .

He has a real problem with us and it can only be its because he's a Manc .

Minamino has basically been a perfect finisher this season but he can't get in the team. His overall level is not good enough for us, but in the end, you can reproach him nothing. I feel bad for some of the comments I may have made about his level in the past.

12 hours ago, redinblack said:

Kelleher

Milner

Gomez

Matip

Kostas

Curtis

Harvey

Ox

Jota

Div

Minamino

I wouldnt want to risk anyone else who had done the full 120 on Saturday

Repped by way of apology for my snarkiness earlier. Turns out we can make this many changes and still win.