You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - Tue 17th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that Salah and Van Dijk avoided injury at Wembley but says #LFC will likely take a cautious approach with both at Southampton. “They are both okay. So, the target would be for both that they can be involved again on the weekend.”

The difficult part of the selection is what we do with Trent and Konaté. Both played 120 minutes and we probably can't both rest them. Gomez will either have to play CB with Matip, or replace Trent. I would probably play Gomez right back and risk Konate. But for the rest of the team, there are sufficient options to easily rotate some who are tired.

39 minutes ago, an tha said:

Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that Salah and Van Dijk avoided injury at Wembley but says #LFC will likely take a cautious approach with both at Southampton. “They are both okay. So, the target would be for both that they can be involved again on the weekend.”

No real surprise there - If it were me picking the side, Robbo would be getting the evening off too.

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The difficult part of the selection is what we do with Trent and Konaté. Both played 120 minutes and we probably can't both rest them. Gomez will either have to play CB with Matip or replace Trent. I would probably play Gomez right back and risk Konate.

I'd be going along the lines of:

Alisson; Gomez, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas; Hendo, Keita, Jones; Diaz, Firmino, Jota.

Subs: Kelleher, Trent, Beck, Milner, Ox, Elliott, Minamino, Mane, Origi.

Would definitely look at hooking Hendo around the hour mark, then probably Diaz around 75 minutes.

You could, in a real madness, run Ox out at right-back with Gomez alongside Matip, if there were any concerns risking Konate. (I'd rather have Milner playing in the middle of the park than him covering at fullback for 1 game if Hendo is not risked).

I do wonder if using Ox as an emergency right-back has ever crossed Klopp's mind this season - Given how high our fullbacks play, it would be akin to his time playing as a wingback/right-sided midfielder during his time at Arsenal.

5 hours ago, Allan said:

No real surprise there - If it were me picking the side, Robbo would be getting the evening off too.

I'd be going along the lines of:

Alisson; Gomez, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas; Hendo, Keita, Jones; Diaz, Firmino, Jota.

Subs: Kelleher, Trent, Beck, Milner, Ox, Elliott, Minamino, Mane, Origi.

Would definitely look at hooking Hendo around the hour mark, then probably Diaz around 75 minutes.

You could, in a real madness, run Ox out at right-back with Gomez alongside Matip, if there were any concerns risking Konate. (I'd rather have Milner playing in the middle of the park than him covering at fullback for 1 game if Hendo is not risked).

I do wonder if using Ox as an emergency right-back has ever crossed Klopp's mind this season - Given how high our fullbacks play, it would be akin to his time playing as a wingback/right-sided midfielder during his time at Arsenal.

Ox at right back is an absolute 'No' from me.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ox at right back is an absolute 'No' from me.

And (based on the last time he was asked to play right-back, in preseason, and point-blank refused, so we had to play Woodburn there) an absolute 'Nah' from Ox as well.

17 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Are Neco and Nat back & available?

No, the terms of their loans specify that they are unavailable to us until after the end of the Championship playoffs, regardless of them not actually being in them (also applies to van den Berg).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, alles ist gut said:

No, the terms of their loans specify that they are unavailable to us until after the end of the Championship playoffs, regardless of them not actually being in them (also applies to van den Berg).

Dammit! We could have started with Neco in the front three, like we did against Leicester in the League Cup.

54 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Let's just win with some contentious decision in our favour to fuel the blues conspiracy that the PL want a final day showdown.

An exact recreation of the below with the ref awarding a pen to win it.

skysports-richarlison-ajer_5772985.jpg

4 hours ago, redinblack said:

Kelleher

Milner

Gomez

Matip

Kostas

Curtis

Harvey

Ox

Jota

Div

Minamino

I wouldnt want to risk anyone else who had done the full 120 on Saturday

On 15/05/2022 at 22:54, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We know what we need to do: win two games and then see if Villa can punch above their weight and take points off the sportswashing cunts. We've got the squad to win our remaining three games, to give a fitting end to this incredible season, so I can't be doing with any sort of "play the kids and save the rest for Paris" talk; we are so far past those days of Kevin Stewart, Brad Smith and Pedro Chirivella.

Just get these beat, Reds.

There's a balance to be struck and I trust Klopp and our medical team to make a better go of it than Redinblack.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I havent said play the kids Mr AoT and I have said to use the squad....anyway....if City did slip up at the weekend and I sent out the Suicide Battalion tonight I'd feel a bit of a cunt I suppose. 

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

Milner, Jones, Keita is my guess at the midfield tonight.

That’s about the best we can put out. A muscle strain for Hendo or Thiago would surely be a big risk if they played tonight. 

Gomez, Jones and Origi are completely fresh, while Matip, Tsimikas, Milner, Firmino and Jota all had limited roles at the weekend.

Alisson, Konate and Keita all played 120. 

I’d be surprised to see Ox, Elliott or Minamino starting.

5 minutes ago, redinblack said:

I havent said play the kids Mr AoT and I have said to use the squad....anyway....if City did slip up at the weekend and I sent out the Suicide Battalion tonight I'd feel a bit of a cunt I suppose. 

Like I say, there's a balance to be struck. I think that line-up would be too disruptive.

I'd be a lot happier if this match was on Wednesday, though.

38 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

That’s about the best we can put out. A muscle strain for Hendo or Thiago would surely be a big risk if they played tonight. 

Gomez, Jones and Origi are completely fresh, while Matip, Tsimikas, Milner, Firmino and Jota all had limited roles at the weekend.

Alisson, Konate and Keita all played 120. 

I’d be surprised to see Ox, Elliott or Minamino starting.

My guess:

Alisson

Gomez

Konate

Matip

Tsimikas

Milner

Keita

Jones

Firmino

Jota

Origi