You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - Tue 17th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Alisson; Gomez, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas; Henderson, Keita, Milner; Jota, Diaz, Firmino

Can't see Hendo starting to be honest but I reckon the rest of your selection will be close to the starting line up. Might be Jones, Keita and Milner in the centre which will be quite turgid. 

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Can't see Hendo starting to be honest but I reckon the rest of your selection will be close to the starting line up. Might be Jones, Keita and Milner in the centre which will be quite turgid. 

I wanted to rest everyone who played 120 mins, but couldn’t find a replacement for Ibou or Hendo (as a holding midfielder), who wouldn’t significantly weaken the team. 

We know what we need to do: win two games and then see if Villa can punch above their weight and take points off the sportswashing cunts. We've got the squad to win our remaining three games, to give a fitting end to this incredible season, so I can't be doing with any sort of "play the kids and save the rest for Paris" talk; we are so far past those days of Kevin Stewart, Brad Smith and Pedro Chirivella.

Just get these beat, Reds.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, an tha said:

And plus when was the last time the final day saw real drama and a proper twist around the title....feels like a long, long time.....

2019, when we needed Brighton to beat them (which is probably about as realistic as Villa beating them) but we weren't too arsed because we'd been magnificent and still had a European Cup final to go.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

2019, when we needed Brighton to beat them (which is probably about as realistic as Villa beating them) but we weren't too arsed because we'd been magnificent and still had a European Cup final to go.

Yeah but sod all exciting happened did it ... they went behind, equalised immediately and then eased to victory.

I just have this feeling something is gonna happen on Sunday - something where there is a real twist 

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah but sod all exciting happened did it ... they went behind, equalised immediately and then eased to victory.

I just have this feeling something is gonna happen on Sunday - something where there is a real twist 

Ideal scenario - we win both our games; our second one ends while City are still chasing the win with a few minutes to go; nobody scores for them, so we win the league; Sergio Aguero grabs the announcer's mic and says "Serves you right for not showing up at my statue unveiling, you ungrateful, feckless cunts"; Guardiola's head cracks open and a little bird flies out and shits on Sterling's head.

Could happen.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Don't understand your thinking on that but agree the GD difference is gone, chasing that shit fucked us at Palace. I am not giving this up.

We're going to be playing our reserve team, and we'll struggle to win by any margin.

You can hope all you want for something better, but that isn't going to happen.

9 minutes ago, m0e said:

We're going to be playing our reserve team, and we'll struggle to win by any margin.

You can hope all you want for something better, but that isn't going to happen.

Well that's the spirit. We ain't playing a reserve team while there's still a chance, not in Klopps nature.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Well that's the spirit. We ain't playing a reserve team while there's still a chance, not in Klopps nature.

I’m not sure it’ll be fully Klopp’s call. The sports science team will have their hands full. 2 muscle injuries in 2 games (not counting Virgil) tells its own story. We need fresh legs on Tuesday. I think Diaz should start, but playing Mo would be a huge risk and so many regulars played 120 minutes. If Virgil is fully fit I’d expect him and Matip at the back, Tsimikas at left back, Joe at RB . Midfield is tricky - might have to go Milner, Ox, Jones. Diaz, Bobby, Jota. Strong bench as possible. 

54 minutes ago, m0e said:

Nah.  There will be changes to the starting XI, but that's more likely to involve some of Saturday's subs, like Matip, Jota and Firmino. There's a good chance that one or two of Elliott, Taki, Gomez, Ox or Div might get a start, but nobody's running up the white flag just yet. We'll play a strong side and (hopefully - nothing's guaranteed) get the win.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nah.  There will be changes to the starting XI, but that's more likely to involve some of Saturday's subs, like Matip, Jota and Firmino. There's a good chance that one or two of Elliott, Taki, Gomez, Ox or Div might get a start, but nobody's running up the white flag just yet. We'll play a strong side and (hopefully - nothing's guaranteed) get the win.

We'll probably win. But not by more than a goal. And it certaintly won't be easy.

Happy to be wrong.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

We'll probably win. But not by more than a goal. And it certaintly won't be easy.

Happy to be wrong.

As long as you're not wrong about the first bit!

I'll be more than happy to eke out a scrappy, hard-fought win here, then see what happens on Sunday.

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

As long as you're not wrong about the first bit!

I'll be more than happy to eke out a scrappy, hard-fought win here, then see what happens on Sunday.

That was my point. Relying on goal difference would have been a shit scenario.

Now we just need the 2 wins and see what happens with Villa.

We tried to claw back the goal difference in "Crystanbul" and ended up blowing a 3 goal lead.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, m0e said:

We tried to claw back the goal difference in "Crystanbul" and ended up blowing a 3 goal lead.

When I look back, as shit as it was for the footballing gods to have to shit on Stevie, maybe it was a slight blessing to miss out on the title as we'd have been stuck with the toothy fraud and not got Klopp.

10 hours ago, m0e said:

Yeah - i just don't think the cheats losing yesterday would necessarily have been any better than them drawing....unless they lost by 4 or something silly.

Us making back 5 or 6 in two wins with them winning their last game would have been IMO very unlikely....ok them dropping pts v villa is very unlikely but now we can just focus on winning our last 2 however we win them and if we do if they win there is nothing we can do - if they don't then we know we are champions.

I appreciate there were other unlikelt scenarios and i am sure there is still now a way GD could be an issue - us drawing 1 and winning 1 and them losing for example would see is both end on 90....but we are getting into seriously unlikely stuff now!

I think i have said what i meant to say/was thinking!