You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: FA Cup Final Match Reaction

tlw content

As usual we did it the hard way but just like in the Carabao Cup Final the Reds found a way to get the job done and bring home the silverware.

The double is secured, the treble is still on and the quadruple is... well, let's not be too greedy eh?

Chris Smith is joined by Julian Richards, Ian Brown and TLW Editor Dave Usher. Paul Natton also checks in with some thoughts from Wembley.

Up the Chelsea beating, cup winning Reds!

View full article

• Upvote 8

• dave u pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Great podcast lads but did you guys say that Thiago didn't take one of the pens? He took the second I thought. 

Can’t even remember that part of the conversation but I do remember his pen! In off the post, gave the keeper the eyes.

• Upvote 1

You didn't mishear. I said I was surprised he didn't take one of the five and nobody corrected me so we ended up having a full blown discussion on why he didn't take one and that the coaching staff know more about it than we do.

It happened because I have the memory of a golfdish, Brownie drinks like one, Jules didn't watch the pens because he's a massive tart, and Chris didn't correct us because we sounded so convincing he doubted himself and thought he must have imagined Thiago's pen.

• Upvote 13

55 minutes ago, dave u said:

You didn't mishear. I said I was surprised he didn't take one of the five and nobody corrected me so we ended up having a full blown discussion on why he didn't take one and that the coaching staff know more about it than we do.

It happened because I have the memory of a golfdish, Brownie drinks like one, Jules didn't watch the pens because he's a massive tart, and Chris didn't correct us because we sounded so convincing he doubted himself and thought he must have imagined Thiago's pen.

Ha ha that's exactly how I felt when listening to it. Thanks for clearing it up!

Good listen again. 

Agree with Dave's dad and Jules.Winning the European Cup three times is what makes you a Big Boy Club. We're not one of the biggest sides in the world because we've won loads of domestic titles. 

• Upvote 2

Thiago's tackle is in the Inside Wembley video, it comes directly from Robbo hitting the post. I assume that why there was no replays or drama made from it. In fairness to Mason Mount he didn't make anything of it and he was kind enough to miss his pen too, credit where its due.

Great pod again, I was convinced by the end Thiago had taken the 6th, I couldn't work out which one Jota took though. 

On 15/05/2022 at 14:26, dave u said:

Haha boss.

Just listened and it’s another great podcast. 

You all so nearly didn’t screw up on the Thiago penalty chat. @Brownie asks the question of who took the penalties but you all just moved on to other aspects. If you’d just ran through them you’d have realised. 

Love the Henderson love in. He’s brilliant and rightly in the chat for best ever captain. 

I also thought we mere much the better team overall and on another day win this we’ll. 

• Upvote 3

The "better team" thing is kind of misleading to some extent though. Chelsea were never intending to take the game to us, dominate the ball and play us off the park. They know they can't do that. Their plan was to defend and then attack when the opportunity was there. I don't think they defended particularly well and we had loads of chances, but they did create several chances themselves when they got the opportunity to go at us.

So I thought we were the better team but they did what they wanted to do also for reasonable spells in the game. It's not like we battered them, but we were better.

• dave u unpinned this topic