You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - FA Cup Final, Sat 14th May 2022 (4:45pm)

Trumo

5 hours ago, Champ said:

Brilliant day. And brilliant choice of venue.

Are there not any other local forum groups?

FA4BE5F4-9E95-486C-B3BF-94DC99E9B1F8.jpeg

@Mook looks like he’s wearing cargo shorts. I can reassure you all that he wasn’t

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Champ said:

@Mook looks like he’s wearing cargo shorts. I can reassure you all that he wasn’t

Nice Harrington jacket and polo shirt combo. He must have been the best dressed man in the pub, surely? It takes a brave man to wear light-coloured kecks for an ordinary day on the ale, let alone a cup final.

Lovely shirt, Cath. White Stuff?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nice Harrington jacket and polo shirt combo. He must have been the best dressed man in the pub, surely? It takes a brave man to wear light-coloured kecks for an ordinary day on the ale, let alone a cup final.

You are correct.

As i found out yesterday.

I wore a pair of shorts a very similar colour to the keks in that photo and got them caught in a tube door yesterday as dived on as doors were closing.....Left a big thick black mark that covered pretty much whole length of right leg.

Not a great look at all.

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've just watched the MOTD highlights. (We won!) Someone here has already mentioned it, but that montage at the end is lovely.  Also, their little clip of Luis Diaz lifting the trophy so enthusiastically that the lid flies off and hits him on the head is worthy of @Caramac himself.

This one?

https://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/forums/topic/119298-chelsea-n-fa-cup-final-sat-14th-may-2022-445pm/&do=findComment&comment=6208336

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The difference between his reaction to Mendy's save and his reaction to Ali's save is stunning.

I was going to say he was showing sympathy for plucky young plucky English plucky Mason which, while daft enough in itself - he's 23, for crying out loud, not 19 - didn't indicate bias. Then I listened to his funereal tones when Jota kept Liverpool alive. Kinell. I've long thought he was pro-Man Utd rather than anti-Liverpool, but this position is becoming increasingly hard to sustain.

30 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Sean Connery sat in the background too.

You wanna get Chelsea? Here's how you get them. They pull a knife, we pull a gun. They send one of ours to the hospital, we send one of theirs to the morgue! That's the Liverpool way.

18 hours ago, Sparky said:

Another subtle touch I liked was that Alisson would get the ball after every Chelsea penalty and hand it to the next Liverpool taker and give a word of encouragement. Most keepers walk off and it's the opposition keeper handing the ball to the next taker being a gobshite and trying to intimidate them. These little things add up.

Yeah I noticed that. He was stood between the kicker and their keeper with the ball making sure there couldn't be any mind games. It was clever.