You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - FA Cup Final, Sat 14th May 2022 (4:45pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's not a national anthem anyway it's fucking homage to the head of one of the oldest mafia families in existence.  The shit that gets sung about working class scousers every single week but theres only outrage when your perceived to punch up. Personally I don't like booing fullstop I'd rather we didn't boo the national anthem but I don't care too much that we did. I do detest how people are more protective of a fucking song than they are about the state of the country. Someone will be outraged by the booing but not too arsed about the massive theft of billions of pounds by the tories because its good old Boris and "but what are the alternatives". If I had to boo I'd boo the English masses and their peasant mentality.

This. 

The amount of really nasty shite that gets said about scousers literally every day, by people the length and breadth of the country and then they cry and moan when we have a little go back for 2 to 3 minutes once every few years? 

Fuck the bootlicking bastards. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Shitty Arse said:

I was there yesterday and it was fucking boss. A great day out. I enjoyed the booing of the national anthem and joined in with gusto. I can’t stand the royal family and all the nationalistic shite. I was however a little bit puzzled as to why Abide With Me was getting booed. I’ve always just associated that as a nice hymn that is part of the tradition of Cup Final day? 

Every word of this.

41 minutes ago, thechap said:

Time for one of my tri-annual posts...

Booing the National Anthem is low and classless. It's on the same par as the moronic England fans who boo the anthems of other nations.

It's interesting to watch and read the bunker mentality of people when it's their own moronic behaviour which invites the shots against them in the first place and who then claim that everyone is against them.

Cue the leftie abuse that will call me a 'Daily Mail reader' or something else just as intelligent...

Fuck right off with that shite.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mgw100 said:

What a day. Edinburgh TSOP out in full force. @Mook; @Champ; @Mudface legends all. Too pissed to go home, kipped on Mooks couch. Can of lager for breakfast. On the bus home with an order to buy and cook a fry up. My wife's fucking sound. Up the fucking reds.

Excellent. I think I'm probably dead, but it was a cracking night all the same.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, thechap said:

Booing the National Anthem is low and classless. It's on the same par as the moronic England fans who boo the anthems of other nations.

It's interesting to watch and read the bunker mentality of people when it's their own moronic behaviour which invites the shots against them in the first place and who then claim that everyone is against them.

Cue the leftie abuse that will call me a 'Daily Mail reader' or something else just as intelligent...

538009C5-8046-4C38-8F8F-3EAE46AE3BB6.png

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

This. 

The amount of really nasty shite that gets said about scousers literally every day, by people the length and breadth of the country and then they cry and moan when we have a little go back for 2 to 3 minutes once every few years? 

Fuck the bootlicking bastards. 

Spot on. 

16 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

I love this incredible team, this perfect manager, this proud city. What an amazing performance after such an intense season. The team deserves this and so much more. They are writing history and I feel so honoured to be able to live through it and enjoy this amazing journey.

This club ......this team......it's so hard to put it into words. What a time to be part of this club.

1 hour ago, thechap said:

It isn't a national anthem though is it....

A national anthem is about a land or the people....like Advance Australia Fair or O Canada for example or any of the many, many others around the world that celebrate pride in their  lands, the people who live in them, the history etc etc.

GSTQ is a dirge to an establishment of privilege.

For those who support an elected head of state, singing in praise of a hereditary monarch is politically problematic too

Those who don't believe in the existence of a deity might have problems with it as well.

People in both categories like myself have a double issue with it....

As a republican and an atheist why would I sing this national anthem, or sing hymns...

As a republican who believes that the establishment this dirge celebrates and frankly bows and scrapes to was at the heart of a cover up over Hillsborough and who enabled a Tory government that wanted to manage the decline of Liverpool, why would I not want to protest against it and yeah fucking boo it?....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, thechap said:

Maybe cut them back by about 3

52 minutes ago, thechap said:

Booing "your own" anthem is not "on the same par [sic]" as booing someone else's. But, even if it were, there might be good reason to boo someone else's, too (for example, the Russian anthem at the moment).

As for it being "low and classless", a revealing use of language. Which demonstrates that you miss the point of booing a royalist and religious insult to democratic values.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

What a day. Edinburgh TSOP out in full force. @Mook; @Champ; @Mudface legends all. Too pissed to go home, kipped on Mooks couch. Can of lager for breakfast. On the bus home with an order to buy and cook a fry up. My wife's fucking sound. Up the fucking reds.

There were other Edinburgh reds there, too.

Just because my head doesn’t zip up at the back and I’m not silly enough to be seen in public with Mook doesn’t mean Colinton had no representation yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

There were other Edinburgh reds there, too.

Just because my head doesn’t zip up at the back and I’m not silly enough to be seen in public with Mook doesn’t mean Colinton had no representation yesterday.

You were in Jinglin Geordies mate?

Edit. That was a silly question wasn't  it? Ha ha. 

Not that intelligent 

The reaction to the booing is actually pretty interesting. Hugs parts of the media establishment are devoted to creating compliance with the system, the royals underpin the whole thing. If you'll still accept that in 2022 another person has been defined by God as being worth inherently more than you, then you'll accept any aspect of inequality, no matter how it presents itself. 

We've seen the royals getting their arses kicked while touring the Caribbean and I think there's genuine concern about where it will lead. 

Once you drop this contrived, enforced 'respect' and see them for what they are, a boorish, classless mob of boorish bigots, adulterers, sex-pests and half-wits, then the house of cards begins to fall.

Once we do it, how long others start to do it and it essentially just becomes a running joke. Where does it end then? 

Tremendous.

• Upvote 9

Using terms like 'leftie' I don't think anyone has to accuse you of being a Daily Mail reader yer big quilt.

Can you point yourself out on the big wall of gammon?

Screen-Shot-2018-05-14-at-14.57.15.png

2 things are quite surprising. 

The Royal anthem has been getting booed by Liverpool fans for decades, so I'm not sure why it's getting such traction now.I wonder when it began however?

And the reaction has been rather more mixed than I would have thought.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Using terms like 'leftie' I don't think anyone has to accuse you of being a Daily Mail reader yer big quilt.

Can you point yourself out on the big wall of gammon?

Screen-Shot-2018-05-14-at-14.57.15.png

I remember that cunt in the middle. Hopefully he's dead now, the old gobshite.

Anyway, away from him, UP THE FUCKING PISS BOILING REDS!