You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - FA Cup Final, Sat 14th May 2022 (4:45pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

A lot of people on social media seem disappointed and upset at Liverpool fan’s booing of the national anthem at the FA Cup final today. 

I have to agree with them. 

It was a bit too quiet. We’ve done it MUCH louder at previous cup finals!

• Upvote 2

We played well and probably deserved to edge it at the end of 90. The players stepped up and gutted it out. I thought it would come down to individual performances as tactically, our matchup with Chelsea is so even. In the end, came down to pens again.

Notably, Trent had a fantastic all around game. Defense and with the ball. Konaté handled Lukaku expertly and will feast on that type of forward for years to come. And Diaz, even if he doesn't score, is an attack all by himself. 

12 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

It is mad how few times we have one it over the years..that was the 1st time in 16 years 

4 in 30 odd years if my memory is right?

It mad how Bob never won it as manager considering the teams he had. 

21 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Ali kept his wits after the save from Mount, the ball was spinning back into the goal after the save. Imagine him celebrating like mad and seeing the ball bounce into the net. 

Would it count in those circumstances given the bit I’ve bolded  below, or would the motion of the ball be considered as being from Ali’s save rather than the initial kick? Let the debate begin.

1. A kick results in a goal scored for the kicking team if, having been touched once by the kicker, the ball crosses the goal line between the goal posts and under the crossbar, without touching any player, official, or outside agent other than the defending goalkeeper. The ball may touch the goalkeeper, goal posts, or crossbar any number of times before going into the goal as long as the referee believes the ball's motion is the result of the initial kick. This was clarified after an incident in the 1986 World Cup shoot-out between Brazil and FranceBruno Bellone's kick rebounded out off the post, hit goalkeeper Carlos's back, and subsequently bounced into the goal. Referee Ioan Igna gave the goal to France, and Brazil captain Edinho was booked for protesting that the kick should have been considered a miss as soon as it rebounded off the post. In 1987, the International Football Association Boardclarified Law 14, covering penalty kicks, to support Igna's decision.[9]

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Would it count in those circumstances given the bit I’ve bolded  below, or would the motion of the ball be considered as being from Ali’s save rather than the initial kick? Let the debate begin.

Hmm I assumed it would be given as a goal.

3 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

23-year-old, Trent Alexander-Arnold has now won every trophy there is to win at Liverpool.

• Premier League

• League Cup

• Champions League

• UEFA Super Cup

• Club World Cup

• FA Cup

Still, not as good the Harvey Price impersonator.