Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

PODCAST: Villa 1 Liverpool 2 - Match Reaction

Recommended Posts

Sadio sunk Villa with a second half header once again to keep the pressure on City at the top of the table.

 

The Reds weren't at their best but the 'mentality monsters' found a way to get over the line and responded well after going behind early.

 

Chris Smith, Julian Richards and TLW Editor Dave Usher look back on a scrappy win for the boys and also preview this weekend's FA Cup final.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris calling them yam-yams when, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is actually the expression Brummies themselves use to mock people from the black country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dave u said:

Chris calling them yam-yams when, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is actually the expression Brummies themselves use to mock people from the black country. 

 

I got that story a bit wrong. We were actually in Wolverhampton at the train station, not Birmingham. So yeah, Black Country.

 

You're right again. The streak continues. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Chris said:

 

I got that story a bit wrong. We were actually in Wolverhampton at the train station, not Birmingham. So yeah, Black Country.

 

You're right again. The streak continues. 

Nearly had to pull over the car this morning with Dave and Chris' impressions !

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris said:

 

I got that story a bit wrong. We were actually in Wolverhampton at the train station, not Birmingham. So yeah, Black Country.

 

You're right again. The streak continues. 

 

jordan-shrug.gif

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things

 

- I really hope that’s the very last time we hear the term “Crystanbul”.

 

- Chris calling Liverpool the “bee’s knees” was something I would never expect to hear from a child over 6 or a little old lady under 87. 

- Does Dave not hate any fans of other clubs? I’ve yet to listen to a podcast where he says anything other than he hates whatever clubs fans are under discussion. I wish to add I am absolutely fine with this. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

A few things

 

- I really hope that’s the very last time we hear the term “Crystanbul”.

 

- Chris calling Liverpool the “bee’s knees” was something I would never expect to hear from a child over 6 or a little old lady under 87. 

- Does Dave not hate any fans of other clubs? I’ve yet to listen to a podcast where he says anything other than he hates whatever clubs fans are under discussion. I wish to add I am absolutely fine with this. 

 

 

Mutt's nuts? Cats pyjamas? I'm open to suggestions. I can change, goddamnit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris said:

 

Mutt's nuts? Cats pyjamas? I'm open to suggestions. I can change, goddamnit.


Mr Granny used to say bee’s knees. 
 

What about - and I’m just chucking out suggestions here - “really good”?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

A few things

 

- I really hope that’s the very last time we hear the term “Crystanbul”.

 

- Chris calling Liverpool the “bee’s knees” was something I would never expect to hear from a child over 6 or a little old lady under 87. 

- Does Dave not hate any fans of other clubs? I’ve yet to listen to a podcast where he says anything other than he hates whatever clubs fans are under discussion. I wish to add I am absolutely fine with this. 

 

 

I don't mind Palace fans, despite Crystanbul.

 

That's right, I went there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dave u said:

 

I don't mind Palace fans, despite Crystanbul.

 

That's right, I went there.

Absolutely.  They are one of the few who sing about their own club and not ours.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed that again

Just a couple of observations 

 

I know it seems that Gerrard has done poorly, but since he was appointed they have won 33 points in 24 games. Over the course of 35 games that would put them 9th, 2 points behind Wolves.

 

Agree totally on the Villa being up for it to create there own version of the game v Palace (I won't mention the unmentionable) in 2014. Their keeper even wanted to go up for a corner in injury time. For fuck sake, up for a corner to move up to 10th. I wonder will there be the same intentions Sunday week. 

 

Re the battery wars:

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/25/duracell-energizer-court-bunny-rabbit-lawsuit-us

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dave u said:

 

I don't mind Palace fans, despite Crystanbul.

 

That's right, I went there.

I think that’s what they call ‘the exception that proves the rule’.
 

And negged for saying the other thing, obviously. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Razoray said:

Enjoyed that again

Just a couple of observations 

 

I know it seems that Gerrard has done poorly, but since he was appointed they have won 33 points in 24 games. Over the course of 35 games that would put them 9th, 2 points behind Wolves.

 

Agree totally on the Villa being up for it to create there own version of the game v Palace (I won't mention the unmentionable) in 2014. Their keeper even wanted to go up for a corner in injury time. For fuck sake, up for a corner to move up to 10th. I wonder will there be the same intentions Sunday week. 

 

Re the battery wars:

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/25/duracell-energizer-court-bunny-rabbit-lawsuit-us

 

This is the sort of contribution I can get behind.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Razoray said:

I had no idea Energizer used bunnies too, but this was the best takeaway from that article:

 

" The rabbit row between Duracell and Energizer is the second major trademark battle to get the go-ahead in a week, after it emerged that dating app Tinder is to sue 3nder, a rival app aimed at people seeking threesomes. "

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I had no idea Energizer used bunnies too, but this was the best takeaway from that article:

 

" The rabbit row between Duracell and Energizer is the second major trademark battle to get the go-ahead in a week, after it emerged that dating app Tinder is to sue 3nder, a rival app aimed at people seeking threesomes. "

 

 


Disgusting. I don’t know why anyone would want an app like that? Where can I find it so I write them a strongly worded letter?

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More like Wolves read Chris on here calling them yam yams and decided "let's give De Bruyne the freedom of the park. We got your 'yam yam' right here"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dave u said:

More like Wolves read Chris on here calling them yam yams and decided "let's give De Bruyne the freedom of the park. We got your 'yam yam' right here"


giphy.gif?cid=5e214886096napsqenkmd8evig

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paul said:

I’m a big fan of Chris using “gosh” and “fucking cunt” in the same pod. 

I love that!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul said:

I’m a big fan of Chris using “gosh” and “fucking cunt” in the same pod. 

 

It's been known to happen in the same sentence!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×