You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 1 Tottenham Hotspur 1 - Match Reaction

Luis Diaz was on the scoresheet once again but the Reds were held to a frustrating draw by a dogged and dangerous Tottenham side. Is the title now beyond us?

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by John Gallagher and Stu Montagu to discuss that as well as other talking points from the game. The lads then preview the midweek trip to Aston Villa and look back on Real Madrid's dramatic win over Man City that set up a clash with Kloppo's boys in Paris later this month.

View full article

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

• dave u pinned this topic

Glad you ended it on the CL, the first half was a touch depressing, lots of sad silence. 

Next time I see the Gudjonsson shot I'll be looking out for the European Cup appearing and deflecting it wide.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, m0e said:

Salah scored 2 against the mancs from open play, so that stat is clearly bollocks @dave u

I thought the same but he had previously clarified that he was referring to the number of games where he’d scored in open play rather than the number of goals. 

Just thought I’d tell you the nice way before he turns up at your front door to continue his DAVE USHER – “RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING” WORLD TOUR: 2022

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

I thought the same but he had previously clarified that he was referring to the number of games where he’d scored in open play rather than the number of goals. 

Just thought I’d tell you the nice way before he turns up at your front door to continue his DAVE USHER – “RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING” WORLD TOUR: 2022

Damn!

Serves me right for not listening properly

• dave u unpinned this topic
On 09/05/2022 at 18:32, JohnnyH said:

“It’s the not the metal that doesn’t want them winning it; that would be ridiculous. It’s the competition”

Cheered me up no ends that did. 

I was saddened that Dave backed away from his previous characterisation - "The European Cup didn’t want City’s corrupt paws on it so it did its thing. City fans think it's UEFA conspiring against them when really it's just old big ears itself". Great works of art move people in various ways, and you wouldn't tolerate any pooh-poohing of those reactions on the basis that it's just a collection of atoms. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, deiseach said:

I was saddened that Dave backed away from his previous characterisation - "The European Cup didn’t want City’s corrupt paws on it so it did its thing. City fans think it's UEFA conspiring against them when really it's just old big ears itself". Great works of art move people in various ways, and you wouldn't tolerate any pooh-poohing of those reactions on the basis that it's just a collection of atoms. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

I didn't back away from it, I'm saying the same thing just in a different way. The European Cup isn't just the actual trophy itself, it's an entity all of itself. The metal trophy is just the physical manifestation of it.